[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
House of Cards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3
There are seriously no threads about House of Cards and the new season has been out for days...does /tv/ just not really give a shit?
>>
We have an infinitely more entertaining election happening as we speak.
>>
>>66811560
That is partially why I'm so astounded nobody is talking about season 4.
>>
>>66811521
I got sick of the pro-gay, Pussy Riot, Claire's just as good as Frank bullshit last season. Only decent thing was Stampers story, but that's not enough to get me psyched for S4
>>
99% of /tv/ is incapable of understanding anything about the show that isn't a meme (like Tom cucking Frank)
Yesterday's threads, which were full of dumb questions, proved that beyond doubt
>>
>>66811600
Oh man, S4 is leagues better than S3. Don't see what your problem was with that ONE episode that had Pussy Riot, or with the show being "pro gay"...those seem like stupid criticisms...
>>
>>66811600
S4 is a lot better than S3
>>
>>66811615
Was there a thread on HoC yesterday that was filled with newfaggery?
>>
>>66811600
>Claire's just as good as Frank bullshit last season
Where did that even come from? I thought he was playing Claire the moment he woke up but they went through with it.
>Only decent thing was Stampers story
Did he do anything other than notifying Frank that there's something urgent. The only really interesting things he did were choke Seth with that glass and threaten to rip apart the transplant committee. Now they're pulling more Doug feels guilty/throws money at the problem/falls in love bullshit.
>>
>>66811745
He's talking about S3...he said he hasn't seen S4.
>>
>>66811788
whoopsie, guess he shouldn't have been in a S4 thread
>>
>>66811521
I personally just don't really give a shit
>>
>>66811521
Nobody gives a shit.

I enjoyed the shit out of the first two episodes, but then it turned to shit almost immediately. Pass.
>>
>>66811846
Then hwhy are you hhere?
>>
>>66811870
Then you missed when Frank got shot.
>>
File: 1428453999238.jpg (526 KB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
1428453999238.jpg
526 KB, 2048x1366
>>66811521
shit show for shit audience.
>>
>>66811870
"nobody gives a shit." Such hipster...one of the best shows on Netflix, but you can't be bothered right? (insert case of /tv/ just not liking something, as per usual)
>>
>>66811894
What exactly makes this a shit show?
>>
>>66811985
reddit loves it
>>
>>66812094
...but why doesn't /tv/? It seems like their fuel. It has good writing, good cast, good performances, good cinematography and it's created by David Fincher...
>>
>>66812168
>/tv/
>caring about any of those attributes
>ever
tip top jej
We've always been memers, newcuck.
>>
I watched season one up until the episode when they were trying to end the teacher strike and Kevin Spacey got the guy to punch him in the face.

I dropped it right then.
>>
>>66812094
Perish the thought of liking anything reddit likes.
>>
>>66811615
The writers of HoC are laughably ignorant of real like geopolitics.

>russia cuts production of oil to squeeze the US so gas in 7 dollars a gallon

seriously made me lol. Did they believe this could actually be a thing? That America is dependent on Russian oil or that Russia controls enough of the oil industry to shake up the whole market? The only thing a scheme like that would accomplish is a bigger boom for American shale industry. Essentially giving up market share in the most vital aspect of the Russian economy. Absolutely ridiculous. The writers don't know nothing about anything.
>>
>>66811521
>There are seriously no threads about House of Cards and the new season has been out for days...does /tv/ just not really give a shit?
there's been at least one thread that reaches bump limit every day since it premiered
>>
File: bestgirl.png (1 MB, 1245x622) Image search: [Google]
bestgirl.png
1 MB, 1245x622
best girl of the season. glad they got rid of dunbar and replaced it with hannah
>>
>>66812368
>it's a /tv/ tries to act smarter than it actually is comment
It's set in a parallel timeline, you dumb autist. That's why Frank was able to launch a unilateral ground invasion of Syria without having to worry about RuAF's dominance of Syrian airspace and indiscriminate carpet bombing of major Syrian cities. Using Russia's actual leverage over the US (namely, their shenanigans in Eastern Europe) would have complicated the plot unnecessarily.
>>
I was really hoping that they'd nominate the VP before the season ended but it's obvious anyway.
>>
>>66812547
They did. That's why Claire was flying around the country campaigning for their ticket while Frank was moored in D.C due to his liver.
>>
>>66812230
newcuck? lol hardly.
>>
>>66812547
???? are you talking about season 3 or 4? because claire and frank won the democratic nomination on S4. claire is on the ticket for VP
>>
??? are you talking about S3 or S4? because claire and frank won the democratic nomination in S4 and claire is on the ticket for VP
>>
>>66812622
>>66812672
Oh wait. Now I remember it. My b.
>>
thought it was a little preachy with that random fag saying we shouldn't blame islam, the peaceful majority, blah blah

otherwise pretty good, rip meechum
>>
>>66812540
>It's set in a parallel timeline

Sounds like a crutch for bad writing imo.
>>
>>66813098
How in the fuck was that preachy? It was like only 40 seconds of a scene...
>>
>>66812502
>British hottie
>Not Kate Mara in a tight white dress crawling over a table and trying to fuckkill Frank
>>
>>66813488
the fact that it was included in the first place
>>
>>66813505
Kate mara is a shit and i didn't appreciate peter russo trying to fuck frank
>>
>>66813519
>implying it wouldn't happen in real life
>>
>>66813519
I still don't get the issue. Are they not supposed to be inclusive to Muslims at all? In a political drama...where tensions with the Middle East was the focus of an episode?
>>
>>66813519
they only did it so they wouldn't have angry muslims sperging out
>>
Underwood/Underwood was jumping the shark

prove me wrong
>>
>>66813626
they've been jumping the shark the whole show. this show has no basis in reality
>>
>>66813685
If you are watching this show for realism...that's your first mistake. it doesn't need realism.
>>
>>66813783
It's not really about realism, but a first lady as running mate just goes into self-indulgent fantasy
>>
>>66813783
>If you are watching this show for realism
i wasnt
>>
>I'm the mother

>I'm the MOTHER

Scene made me kek
>>
>>66813462
More than half the American public can't be arsed to educate themselves about the IRL situation in Syria, going by the percentage of cretins who currently favour a ground invasion. How do you expect screenwriters to explain the roles of Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Jabhat al-Nusra, Iran, Hezbollah, SAA, SDF, YPG, XYZ et al within a couple of hours?
>>
>>66813818
that's exactly how my mother reacts to everything
>>
>>66811600

Season 4 is a lot more interesting I think. Frank and Claire get pretty enjoyable to watch again, once they start scheming.
>>
>Americans seem to be favorable to a field operation in Syria

Yeah, amazing, after the amazing success in Iraq, Afghanistan, Lybia...
>>
>>66813626

I thought I would feel that way, but they spun it pretty well. They spun it well enough that I actually considered how it would go down irl, and it would probbaly run better than half the candidates we've got now. Fuck, with the Clinton situation, that's basically the ticket we've got now. No one gives a shit about the VP there, they just want the Clintons back in office.

Honestly, I kind of think the ending twist might be the shark. We'll see how they do in season 5, but a dem president running for reelection trying to declare war on terrorism again smells like bullshit.
>>
>>66813803
There is no law stating you can't make your wife a running mate...
>>
>>66812502
>tfw no qt loving english wife gf
>>
how is a war going to make everyone forget the newstory and not make people think he just doing it to distract from it?
>>
>>66813819
>show panders to dumb people
>b-but it's intelligent guys!
>>
They should make a spinoff show of this where the main character is a Republican instead.
>>
>>66816571
If they're gonna make a spin-off, the best idea is to go with House of Stamps featuring Doug as lead.
>>
>>66816571
How would that be any different, frank seems to play by his own political rules anyway
>>
>>66816247

4chan posts of the beheading, for starters.
>>
>>66816571

Are you not following the US election?
>>
>>66814632
>dem president running for reelection trying to declare war on terrorism again smells like bullshit.

I didn't have a problem with this cause historically democrats did do this
>>
Guys Tom didn't cuck Frank

Both Frank and Claire fuck outside their relationship
>>
>>66816571
how would that be any different? it's not like Frank has a political ideology
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.