[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just rewatches Signs for the first time in ages and say what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Signs_11.jpg (16 KB, 723x398) Image search: [Google]
Signs_11.jpg
16 KB, 723x398
Just rewatches Signs for the first time in ages and say what you want about the ending, but this shot is so bad ass to me.
>>
>>66810623
nothing gets me more pumped than the end fight in Signs

it's the best and worst part of that movie
>>
I do like this shot too, and others as well.
>>
Editing in this movie was hilarious at times like when the Brazilian kid is speaking Portuguese and suddenly he says it behind in English
>>
Ur mom has a pretty bad ass to me
>>
>be advanced alien civilization that can travel throughout the universes
>no clothes
>no hazard suits against water
>no weapons

what a piece of shit flick
>>
>>66810623
You have always been free to love everything I hated

I'm just free to call you a tasteless dumbfuck
>>
>>66810665
>alien
>>
>>66810665
reddit says they weren't aliens
>>
>>66810775
People were saying they were demons before reddit was a thing m8.
>>
>>66810775
>reddit says they weren't aliens

reddit was never right
>>
File: Applause.jpg (12 KB, 311x319) Image search: [Google]
Applause.jpg
12 KB, 311x319
>>66810869
>>
>>66810775
Yeah that devil thing is clever but we're thinking this >>66810665 the entire time. Honestly, how many people saw the devil and faith allegories without watching the commentary, or having it told to them or read about it themselves?
>>
>>66810992
Honestly how could you not see it if you weren't 12. A pastor's loss of faith is very similar to a grown up losing the lustre of life or a midlife crisis. Any actual grown human being has felt the way Mel's character had felt. The fact that he was a literal pastor was just icing.

The ending drives it home so fucking hard. Were you a child when you saw the movie?
>>
>>66810825
Please elaborate. I havent watched it in a long long time
>>
>>66812241
None of the aliens had any sort of traits that aliens would have. The ships are never seen, just the 'signs'. Their aversion to water makes zero fucking sense for a space faring race.

1 theory is they are actually demons come to prey on mankind, using the guise of aliens to trick people. Its just sheer irony that we follow an out of faith pastor and his family as this is going on (or not luck since its the point of the movie) as they struggle against the 'aliens'. It is only through the strength of his faith, refound, that Mel can give such a rousing speech to his son about faith and righteousness.

Its actually a somewhat widely understood concept in actual alien and ufo discussion. Knowing that shamalamadingdong actually knew the ins and outs of alien shit on the fringe was actually a point in its favor, but its a get it to get it kind of thing. As seen in this thread alot of people didn't make the connection or don't even understand how it is there and just say they are the stupidest aliens ever to invade earth.

head on over to /x/ if you want to learn more (or just use youtube because /x/ will just ask for pictures of your hands).
>>
>>66810775
>crop circles
>invisible ship that those birds crash into on the news
So the demon analogy explains the water thing, but then there is still all the literal evidence of them being aliens.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.