[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literal ending boss fight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (498 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
498 KB, 1920x1080
>Game based on Alien is an excellent stealth horror game.
>Game based on Aliens is an abysmal horror FPS game

Even in a different medium Alien shits all over it's sequel. You can't have the main threat be both an adaptable lone-wolf predator that cannot be stopped while also being a cannon fodder worker ant for the soldiers to gun down.

Will Aliensfags finally admit that their precious little film is a subpar cheap action flick that doesn't hold up as well as compared to the original or contemporary films in the same genre.
>>
>>66793560
>meme post
>meme opinion
>/v/ content
>>
>>66793560
AvP2 is based on aliens and it's great.
>>
go back to >>>/v/ faggot
>>
>>66794108
>>66793623
>Implying liking Aliens isn't the /v/ opinion.
>>
>>66794193
Frankly, I don't care about OP's opinion if all he can do is criticize a movie with vidya terms. So he can go fuck himself.
>>>/v/
>>
>>66793560

Was the original alien bulletproof?
>>
>>66793560
aliens was good. alien is a masterpiece.

not much more to add.
>>
>>66793560

Game based on Aliens was made by subpar team of devs and done as a quick cashgrab.

It can be done better, no doubt.

I agree that the nature of the beast changed from Alien to Aliens, no doubt. But I wouldn't expect the perfect bioweapon to resist high tech bullets and weaponry anyway, so it works out.
>>
>>66795432
No because that's retarded
>>
>>66795676

Then Aliens is justified as an action kino.
>>
>>66793560

Uh, Aliens is still considered to be a classic and a highlight of the sci fi action genre and your anonymous whining on this cesspool of a forum ain't gonna change that, chum.
>>
>>66795539
Comparing the two seems like juvenile playground stuff, with the quality of the two films - both high- having nothing to do with it, let alone any point. They had totally different objectives. Is this thread about which one anon liked better, or not being able to objectively tell one kind of movie from another?
>>
>>66795752
this tbqh
>>
Truth: the post.

>Alien is from 1979 and revolutionised how people imagined space sci-fi, from space opera lightheartedness to a hostile space with dark industrial designs and a realism we could relate to

>Aliens is from the 80's, a decade of badassery and action movies, it revolutionised the idea of a swarm of alien enemies and humans at war with it; it also features far more slow-paced moment than commonly remembered; in the director's cut, the first hour is nothing but tension-building and exploration of the colony, and only about half an hour to 40 minutes are pure action, but both are completely worth it, yet only the war scenes are remembered; that scene with the counters going down, where nothing of the action is shown, is one of the best, and that is not your typical action flick shit, that's pure kino

>both movies excel in their respective styles and the only reason there's an enduring audience for alien stuff is because of them; that appreciation survives all the crap movies that came afterwards, though Alien 3 is better than commonly believed, especially with its mitigating circumstances
>>
>>66796002
>it revolutionised the idea of a swarm of alien enemies and humans at war with it
Bravo Cameron. Cinema would be nothing without you.
>>
>>66796077

OK, here's your challenge: name one other movie that did it better than Cameron and before him: human soldiers against alien horde. Go!
>>
>>66796002
>Truth
>pure kino
wtf? which definition of the bullshit term are we copypasting here? irritating.. I read that whole fucking post, for that?
>>
>>66796197

Zulu
>>
>>66795676
He was described as "the perfect organism", and it was heavily implied if not outright stated that he's indestructible.
>>
>>66796557

I see your autism cannot comprehend a slight case of hyperbole. It's OK, Aspie, what I really meant was: that scene was actually pretty fucking good, a perfect example of less is more.

You can turn the autism on again now.
>>
>>66796657
Autism, you can define that after you figure out what kino means for me. Really, go ahead please.
>>
>>66796002
Hack attempts at being a reviewer: I read Roger Ebert once The Post.

I bet you use phrases like "good cinematography".
>>
>>66796773

If kino actually means anything more than a dank meme on 4chan, I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>66796794
>implying that's not valid
Wow you sure are a fucking nigger.

>>66796773
He was trying to define it as basically saying "this is a great film". While I hate the word, I understand what it's trying to mean.
>>
>>66796794

I wasn't reviewing anything, I was stating facts nobody denies, not even you.
>>
>>66796842
It means absolutely nothing to me, that's why I'm irritated. And that makes me autistic too, somehow.
>>
>>66796900
>It means absolutely nothing to me,

It just means "quality movie", and I used the word "kino" tongue in cheek. I thought that much was easily understood amongst normal adults on this board.
>>
>>66796869
Double check your definition of hyperbole while your at it.
>>
>>66797043

>while your at it
>your

I really don't need your help on semantics, friendo.
>>
>>66797102
grammar autist
>>
>>66797043

>Hyperbole is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

Sounds like you need to double-check it yourself, faggot.
>>
>>66797148

>spelling normally is now autism

Sure, my American friend. Sure.
>>
>>66797153
nope, that's the one I use too. But how do you expect anyone to wax rhetorically over a term there is not definition for?
>>
>>66797186
so is getting irritated now, go figure
>>
>>66797274
>nope, that's the one I use too. But how do you expect anyone to wax rhetorically over a term there is not definition for?

Everyone here knows the definition of "kino". Absolutely no one here uses the term literally, it's just a meme. Kino means cinema in German, in case you didn't know that much about the word.

You can't be this young.
>>
>>66793560
It was only a lone wolf predator because they had no weapons in the first film you dumb fucking retard. The Aliens in two are scary because there's a fucking swarm of them and they're still individually dangerous, especially in cramped spaces.
>>
File: 1412188523975.jpg (13 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
1412188523975.jpg
13 KB, 260x194
>>66797385
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.