[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's next for her career?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 556x721) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 556x721
What's next for her career?
>>
>>66760007
Name?
>>
File: 701.gif (1 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
701.gif
1 MB, 400x224
>>66760007
>I'm guaranteed a response in this shitty thread if I don't say who it is
>I'm so alone
>I'm cold
>When will this darkness end?
>>
>>66760080
better than these offtopic threads, /got/ toursit
>>66756300
>>66755153
>>
>>66760153
/got/ > any show you like
>>
>>66760153
Just post the bitch's name instead of being salty, OP.
>>
>>66760209
>salty
Go back to your home board or twitter, kid
>>
>>66760209
no
>>
File: 1456560371804.png (349 KB, 577x465) Image search: [Google]
1456560371804.png
349 KB, 577x465
>>66760007
>someone please pay attention to me
>>
>iphone poster starts a shit thread
mobile posting is cancer
>>
It's charli xcx
>>
>>66760377
>that's an actual name
Fuck the 21st century.
>>
>>66760377
isn't she white
>>
>>66760376
OP is most definitely a loser, but I've never really understood this. I don't really use the internet on my phone, but why does it bother you so much when someone else does?
Is it that you don't use a mobile because you have no friends or anyone to text? Are you bitter because you have visions of them being out and about? Doing things with other people? Having a life outside of sitting in their room on 4chan?
>>
>>66760275
Keep crying, bitch.
>>
Can we please chill and give the name of that semen demon?
>>
>>66760007
In the trash where she belongs
>>
>>66760525
My problems with mobile users:

1) It's hard to type on touchscreens. This means people are more likely to make shorter posts, with shorter words in. This obviously leads to a lowered level of discourse.

2) It's hard to read due to the smaller screen. This applies to boards, threads and posts. A long post is more likely to be ignored on a phone as it is just so hard to read. If a thread is several hundred posts long then it just won't be read through, and the phone user's post has more chance of being irrelevant to the discussion. And it's harder to browse boards too, possibly meaning increased likelihood of duplication of threads as mobile users miss/can't be bothered to check for them.

3) Images. Many of us have hundreds if not thousands of images saved and meticulously catalogued. This is an image board of course. It's not outrageous to suggest that people on mobile devices don't have that many, and that they're not well organised. Plus, it's harder to quickly save a new image if you don't have one that fits to what you want, or if you're searching for something in particular. Not impossible, but harder. So, mobile users almost certainly have less images, which are organised poorly, and it's a pain to quickly get a new one. So what will this lead to? Spamming of the same few images over and over again. As more mobile users see these, they'll save them and keep posting them too. An epic new maymay is born.

4) Difficult to research on. I almost didn't include this, as many people on standard computers don't research either, but I decided to because it's so much harder to on mobile devices. Without easy access to information, discussion will just revolve around what people think and shout the loudest, rather than actually checking their facts with a quick ctrl-t.

cont.
>>
>>66760377
Fuckin millenials.
>>
>>66760080
Wait a minute. Why did the white walkers let him live again? They kill EVERYONE they come into contact with.
>>
>>66760525

That's exactly it

There are multiple shitposts from people on computers but these faggots always single out muh mobileposter shit

Acting like BLACKED shitposts aren't done on computers

>>66760584
It's fucking CHARLI XCX and was already posted in this thread
>>
>>66760673
5) Easy to ban evade from. As OP said, or even just connecting to multiple wifi networks as they go about their day. Obviously this could be done with a laptop, and lots of IPs can be changed with a router reset. However, this is not a reason to allow those who can do it so easily and perhaps without even realising.

6) Used when on the go so less likely to get deeply into discussion. If people can sit down at their computer and post, 99% of the time they will. Most people would only use their mobile device if they're out and about doing something, perhaps browsing during their break at work or during a gap in classes. I feel this style of browsing, this dipping in and out will lead to lower quality of discussion too. If you've only got a few minutes you're not going to open a thread with hundreds of long replies, then type one up yourself and reply to comments. No, you'll just find a short funny one and post a short funny comment and move on. Then later when you've got another few minutes you might come back to it, or go onto another easily digestible thread. I anticipate someone bringing up public transport here, to which I will just respond with "Why the fuck do you want to post on 4chan whilst on the bus?".

I could think of more reasons, but this is probably the bulk of my argument and is enough to be getting on with. A brief summary would be something like:
Mobile users are inherently less likely to post high quality content, both text and images, due to the limitations of the device. This combined with the site being more difficult to use due to the smaller screen means that low quality threads are more likely to be made, and filled with low quality replies and a small number of images posted over and over again. This low quality will be compounded by it being nearly impossible to ban anyone at all who breaks the rules on these devices, and by such users only using the site "casually" ie during a gap between other things.

cont.
>>
File: Neckbeard.jpg (16 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Neckbeard.jpg
16 KB, 400x300
>>66760673
>my fingers are too fat
>>
>>66760706
So, we've identified a problem in theory and in practise. The vast majority of threads with the opening image entitled "image.jpg" are bad. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've been trying to draw attention to this on /tv/ with a small amount of success.

I don't think mobile users need to be stopped from browsing the site, I don't even think the mobile version needs to be removed, as apps will always be there to help. I think they just need to be stopped from posting, or perhaps even just from making threads. Now, please tell me if I'm incorrect here, but I believe it would be possible to check what browser/device a user is on, and forbid certain ones from posting. I don't know whether it would possible for phones to trick the server into thinking they're a real computer, but even if it was then it would still cut down on mobile posting as it would be a major hassle.
>>
>>66760706
No one is interested in your horrendous copypasta, you friendless maggot.
>>
>>66760738
Have you ever considered trying to get yourself a life?
>>
>>66760007
She shall be my full-time semen demon.
>>
>>66760673
>girls don't like me
>>
>>66760685
>It's fucking CHARLI XCX and was already posted in this thread
To be fair, that barely even looks like a legitimate answer. Should probably be more emphatic about it and post proof that that is actually the name said semen demon goes by.
>>
>>66760738
You win the Autist of the day award
>>
>>66760738
You self important fuck.
Also,your a euphoric fatso.
>>
>>66760007
>image.jpg
>>
>>66761492
What's wrong, fatty?
>>
>>66760903
>CHARLI XCX

>Tip: Try entering a descriptive word in the search box.
>>
>>66762060
Doesn't actually produce the image in the results, neither does entering just her name into the image search. This isn't a let me google that for you situation.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.