[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you will never be as smart and articulate when it comes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: Every-Frame-A-Painting.jpg (309 KB, 800x653) Image search: [Google]
Every-Frame-A-Painting.jpg
309 KB, 800x653
>tfw you will never be as smart and articulate when it comes to analyzing movies as based Tony

jkmimsa ;__;

Every Frame a Painting thread I guess
>>
>>66751368
is that the red lines weirdo?

lmao
>>
I can't imagine that's going to be that nice to watch. It's not like every frame will be a masterwork, and it wont flow visually enough to really look nice.
>>
You could probably fake it. He doesn't seem all that insightful.

Give it a shot.
>>
>>66751368
How old are you, like 17? Just start working on it instead of shitposting on a taiwanese carpet weaving forum and you might get there.
>>
Reiterating from that deleted thread: I like the idea but he doesn't go very in-depth, he just points stuff out that you notice anyway. The topics are solid but it's always like a compilation video rather than any kind of education or criticism.

Are there any series like this that are more critical or informative?
>>
>>66751368
Why do teens overrate and glorify this hack? There must be a reason why this guy's mediocre channel gets spammed here all the time.
>>
>>66751368
I like him, he knows his shit no doubt, but it annoys me how he injects his personal opinions and presents them as facts.
>>
>>66751610
Basic stuff presented very well
>>
Shouldn't it be 23.97 paintings per second?
>>
File: plinkett.png (1 MB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
plinkett.png
1 MB, 1024x1024
10 years later and the Plinkett Phantom Menace review is still the best blend of entertainment and film education.
>>
>>66751584
You'd be surprised how many there are, all offering more insight and better analysis than EFAP. But they don't have the same number of views which means they are quite hard to stumble upon accidentally.

You have to do some digging. I'd love to post them, but they'd be lost on the lot of you dumb bastards. I don't want the stupid plebs to turn the actually good channels into a meme like they did with EFAP.
>>
>>66751584
>he just points out stuff you notice anyway
Literally 99.9% of /tv/ would never notice anything that intricate. They would only point out stupid lines in movies and try to make them into memes
>>
>>66751702
I guess it's debatable that it's entertaining, although for the record my vote is that it isn't.

But education? Fuck right off. He doesn't educate anyone on anything. "The Phantom Menace was shit" isn't news. It wasn't a scathing insight, it was a bunch of poorly acted sketches, basically.
>>
>>66751702
i hope you enjoyed your trip on S.S. Reddit
>>
>>66751732
>anything that intricate

intricate was the wrong word. Most of his stuff is obvious, like the Fincher video when he used Seven as an example. Half of the stuff in that portion you could discern from the dialogue alone, the fact that Fincher used it to film the scene that way wasn't brilliant by any stretch.
>>
EFaP is one of the best YouTube channels when it comes to Movies and Television

It is legit Top 3 in terms of intelligence, entertainment, enjoyment, and insight. Very little people can do what he does
>>
>>66751767
Are you kidding? He goes in depth on every single thing wrong with the movies. Just because you fast forwarded to all the le funny strangling hookers skits doesn't mean it wasn't there.
>>
>>66751368

>i summarize and reiterate everything my college professors say.

That's his videos.
>>
>>66751823
>most his stuff is obvious
Not to the whole mass of /tv/ posters it isn't. Because there is literally Zero discussion here when it comes to things like thay

Tony Is level 9 out of 10
/tv/ is level 0.01 out of 10

inb4 "but we don't want to talk about anything OTHER than memes here it's our choice even though we ARE smart"

Yea right
>>
>It's a Tony thread
>all the anons who think they know film come out the wood work to pretend like they are smarter than Tony when they aren't

Just like clock work. You can tell Based Tony is a master at what he does when you have all these insecure NEETS belittling him, its hilarious
>>
>>66751368
I like Tony, but why have you fools been spamming him recently?

I hate this board. For actual film discussion I'm forced between /p/ and NoFilmSchool.
>>
>>66751891
Nah, meme's is funny, but when a new movie is released before Redlettermemes talks about it, you can get some interesting discussion going.

Brooklyn and Room were the first 2 that came to mind. Back in December and early January, we had some good threads about those 2 movies. Obviously, the plebs on this site didn't even bother giving it attention until their favorite rednecks started talking about it.
>>
File: 1457277172728.jpg (202 KB, 1002x583) Image search: [Google]
1457277172728.jpg
202 KB, 1002x583
>I want to be a e-celeb movie critic when I grow up
>>
>>66751584
I don't notice it.

>>66751709
>I don't want the stupid plebs to turn the actually good channels into a meme like they did with EFAP.
But EFAP isn't good anyway?
>>
He peaked with the Jackie Chan-video.
>>
>>66752108
>But EFaP isn't good anyway

And here comes the contrarianism this board is notorious for.
>>
Okay patricians, recommend me documentaries and books on filmmaking, cinematography, etc. I'd like to de-pleb myself.
>>
>>66751996
>post ending in number 1996
seems about right
>>
>>66751368
>Look up director (X)
>Find clues about his style
>Find examples of these from his films
>Present them with a calm, slow voice over
>This makes you seem intellectual
>Find examples from shitty films that don't do it as X director
>And at the end of your video turn on some motivational music and end with some silly conclusion

EZ
give me 40% of your profit kid
>>
>>66752703
Best way is for you to watch more films. Stick to commentary, too. Ebert does a pretty good job with Citizen Kane.
>>
>>66753237
Ebert loved The Honeymooners.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.