[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which generation is the best? Is it worth watching 2 and 3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 3e3.jpg (99 KB, 665x375) Image search: [Google]
3e3.jpg
99 KB, 665x375
Which generation is the best?

Is it worth watching 2 and 3?
>>
>>66750656
first two seasons are the only ones worth watching
and skip the episode where the autist gets hit by a truck and breaks out into song and dance.

>no im not kidding
>>
>>66750656
watch 2nd generation but expect a dip in quality
literally do not bother with 3rd
the flash-forward skins redux series where they revisit gen 1 and gen 2 characters is better, but it kinda shits on their legacy a little, like i could have lived without cassie's and cook's after-stories being spelled out for me tbqh

despite all of this i think it's literally my favourite british tv show that isn't a comedy
>>
>>66750855
>not liking cat stevens
>>
I'M COOK
>>
It's shit
>>
IM COOOOOOOOK
>>
>>66751311

This.
Pretty much Hollyoaks for people who think they are too good to watch Hollyoaks.
>>
>>66750656

Effy is my waifu
>>
>>66750855
That episode was second best only to Osama: The Musical
>>
Best episode is where they go to Russia
>>
Season 3 and 4 were watchable.
Seasons 5 and 6 turned into some MTV show.
The final season is very serious. Only watch the Cook two-part episode.
>>
Remember watching this when it was actually on tv. Can't believe they killed off chris
>>
>>66752723

That was pretty ballsy of them to actually do.
>>
>>66750656
Season 2 is worth a watch. Had some of my favourite characters, but I think Season 1 had a better mix of cast and overall group.

Don't bother with Season 3, it gets too weird and quirky.
>>
>>66753504
Whoops. Didn't mean seasons, meant generations.

Watch Gen 2, don't watch Gen 3.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (100 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
100 KB, 1600x900
>>66750656
Gen 1 is by far the best, Gen 2 sucks shit, nothing redeemable except one of the Cook episodes and waifu Effy after she stops dressing all scenemo(pic related). Gen 3 is better than 2 if you're willing to accept that it's gone a bit crazy, nothing realistic left, just over the top drama.

The first two season 7 stories are alright, probably pointless if you haven't watched the other series', but Cook's revisit is fucking great TV on it's own, and I've always wondered if someone could just watch it on it's own without the series as it barely relates, great cinematography too.
>>
>>66753935
disgusting opinion
>>
does Effy ever stop being a psycho bitch
>>
Effy is well fit
>>
>>66750855

Literally this. If it had stopped there then it would be more fondly remembered.
>>
>>66755177
Just what I think mate, what's so disgusting?
>>
>>66753235
Eh lost it meaning once you realize every gen they killed off someone and someone got pregnant.
Though Chris was the most likable dead guy, especially how devastating his death was, Freddies was just a tiny shock and then you stopped caring.
>>
First two are definitely worth watching, especially the first.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_BlVhZkCm8

That part made me sad. I liked Freddie.
>>
Gen 1 was fun, gen 2 was alright for the first season but went to shit in the second. Honestly I watched them years ago though so I'm not sure if they hold up. I remember wanting to fuck Pandora.
>>
File: tumblr_nn2fbeQPg11titub2o1_400.jpg (12 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn2fbeQPg11titub2o1_400.jpg
12 KB, 251x242
>Its a Freddy gets beaten to death with a baseball bat episode
>>
I remember nothing about Gen 3 besides the metal kid.
>>
>>66750656
none
>>
>>66750656
seasons 3 and 4 are the best. 1 & 2 are fantastic, granted. but cook steals the entire series
>>
>>66753935
Terrible opinion
>>
>>66751626
Maxi is my waifu.
>>
season 1 is really good
season 2 is okay
season 3 is amazing though it was the first i watched so i might be biased
season 4 started off okay but became unwatchable

cook best character, katie close second
>>
there are some really cute girls, if you're a young teen you'll enjoy it
>>
>>66759544
But anon, everyone on this website is 18+

How could I be a young teen :3 ?
>>
Gen 1 GOAT
Gen 2 Great but not as good
Gen 3 nonsense

The flash-forward series is actually not that bad. A bit depressing in some ways as you look at their lives and see how mundane growing up can really be
>>
The first gen had promising young actors and a lot of clever and funny moments.
The last gen had only amateurs (they auditioned nobodies all over the country with ads on Myspace), no comedy but full of edgy and stupid things. Just remember when the tormented guy in trenchcoat met the future boobs monster on the beach, they didn't know each other but he instantly recite a poem to her. In the first season the scene would probably be made as comedy relief, but this time it was super serious.
Gen3 didn't end on S7, luckily
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.