[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I didn't think the Ghostbusters trailer was all that bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: 1456863949104.jpg (9 KB, 299x293) Image search: [Google]
1456863949104.jpg
9 KB, 299x293
I didn't think the Ghostbusters trailer was all that bad
>>
I haven't seen it. But if you want a worthwhile thread you're gonna need to say more than that.
>>
Me neither.
>>
>>66745578

I thought it was okay. I didn't really like how they rip off the original movie in literally the first scene.
>>
It's not bad. It just isn't Ghostbusters.
>>
this is bait
>>
>>66746346
>I didn't really like how they rip off the original movie in literally the first scene.
...and every other scene after that?
>>
>>66746348
It isn't. I shit on it with the rest of you for the past year, then the trailer came out and while it isn't amazing I don't feel it warrants all those dislikes. I also think the original Ghostbusters are overrated pleb shit so that might factor into it as well.
>>
>>66745578
>>66746311
>>66746346
>>66746347

Only /tv/ contrarians would actually try and redeem that trailer.

Fuck this board.
>>
Well I thought it was kinda bad, but certainly not the disaster like sperging memelords say.

If it wasnt called Ghostbuster nobody would hate on it, its just another generic silly american comedy.
>>
My favorite youtube comment so far:

>It's like Bridesmaids and Pixels fucked the corpse of the Ghostbusters franchise.
>>
It looks like an extended SNL skit with a bigger budget. If you like modern SNL and Melissa McCarthy movies you will probably like this movie. So... my mother will like it at least? To me SNL is 10% hit, 90% miss so I don't find it worth my time. I also can't understand what my mother saw in Mike and Molly when over half the jokes are just cheap fat-jokes at the expense of the two main characters. I didn't like Rosanne either but at least I can respect that it could do better than an endless string of fat jokes.

To summarize, the trailer makes the movie look like I would probably only a laugh a few times, which isn't enough laugh for my money when going to see a comedy. I'll probably watch it when it inevitably ends up on Netflix.
>>
>>66746412

You should probably accept already that not everyone can have the same opinion on something.
>>
>I care about memebusters
>>
>>66746366

Nah, it looked fine after that, with the exception of recruiting a nigger who brings nothing to the table
>I know the city
>>
>>66746409
>I shit on it with the rest of you for the past year, then the trailer came out and while it isn't amazing I don't feel it warrants all those dislikes
>the first joke is literally DUDE VAGINA LMAO
It's literally exactly what people were ironical saying it was going to be
>>
>>66746412
I'm not redeeming it. I just said it wasn't Ghostbusters.
>>
>>66745578
Honestly, the trailer isn't that bad. The ghosts were neat, especially the one with stilts, as was the scene where Broadway (I think) gets turned back in time.

The "let's go" joke was pretty good. Hopefully, the movie is going to be full of little moments like that. The joke where she talks about getting slime in every crease wasn't that great but I could see it getting a laugh in theaters.

What didn't work for me was the POWER OF PATTY scene and the stuff where the fight stuff where one is licking pistols and another is punching ghosts.

But overall, I'd say it looks pretty decent. I'll see the movie with an open heart and go from there.
>>
>>66746487
>Nah, it looked fine after that
Have you even seen the originals for comparison?

>one of them finds a car that the others don't like
>"it slimed me"
>the black one gets hit by a ghost train
>one of them wears a colander thing on their heads like Rick Moranis does
>one of them gets possessed and attacks the others (Aykroyd in II)
>there's a really gigantic spirit that doesn't make sense and is probably just in there so one of them can make a Stay Puft joke

And I'm sure there's more, but I'm not watching that shit again to find them.
>>
File: ghostbusters 2.jpg (122 KB, 780x894) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters 2.jpg
122 KB, 780x894
what was the point of the bixnood muhfugga sheboon
>>
>>66745578
the only thing I liked was the theme song.
>>
>>66746659
Really? That was the part I could do without. The whole "lonely piano of song from childhood" thing is lame.
>>
File: image.png (71 KB, 343x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
71 KB, 343x400
>>66745578
Neither did I fellow goy
>>
>>66746659
Yeah I loved the part where it went BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
>>
>>66746625

Nah those things don't bother me.
>>
I laughed at the catalac joke
>>
You all just hate it because they're women
>>
>>66745578
Could Sony hire good interent marketers instead of you?
>>
>>66746748
So you'd be cool if they just made a shot-for-shot remake of the original but with women instead. Okay then.
>>
>>66746818

I'm hoping the scenes you've mentioned will be inconsequential to the overall story. I do hope it won't go full TFA.
>>
>>66746896
>I'm hoping the scenes you've mentioned will be inconsequential to the overall story.

That makes no fucking sense. You're hoping there are disconnected scenes at certain points in the movie that have nothing to do with the plot and only serve as vignette recreations of scenes from the originals?

Are you mentally handicapped or something?
>>
File: Ghostbusters - Kate McCinammon.webm (200 KB, 645x533) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters - Kate McCinammon.webm
200 KB, 645x533
>>66745578
I thought Kate was a cute and the colorful ghosts were cool. No good jokes though, so it's really bad for a comedy.
>>
>>66746311

You know New York?
>>
>>66746947

No, I just hope it doesn't follow the exact same dramatic beats. The scenes you've mentioned come off as more like throwback gags, while annoying, I hope there's more to the movie.
>>
>>66747036
>The scenes you've mentioned come off as more like throwback gags, while annoying, I hope there's more to the movie.
Which directly contradicts:
>>66746748
>Nah those things don't bother me.
I actually am speaking to someone with a disorder. You shouldn't be anywhere near 4chan, or at least go to >>>/pol/ where you'll fit in.
>>
>>66747125

Actually I just don't remember the originals all that well.
>>
I have absolutely no love for the first film since I've only seen it once with my dad when I was really young and can't remember a thing about it.

The trailer for the new movie just looks like an intensely mediocre and derivative comedy with expensive special effects. I don't think the Pixel comparisons are completely unwarranted. I think the actors and actresses in Ghostbusters will have infinitely more soul and care for their performances than anyone in Pixels, but it still seems to be in the same tier.
>>
>>66747207
Man, that's somehow lower than pleb status.
>>
File: 1384886167816.jpg (143 KB, 665x632) Image search: [Google]
1384886167816.jpg
143 KB, 665x632
>>66745578
>I didn't think the Ghostbusters trailer was all that bad
>>
>>66747125

rekt
>>
>>66747244

How do you figure that
>>
It was bad until normies started hating it.
Now its really not that bad.
>>
>>66746311
stupid nigger, stupid fucking nigger
>>
>>66747371
yeah now that redit hates it i think it's gonna be alright
>>
>>66746311
die tripfaggot
>>
>>66746967
Looking at the original Ghostbusters trailer, none of the classic jokes are in it.

In fact, the original trailer is pretty unfunny and bad.
>>
Pixels is subjectively better. It's a run of the mill kids film but it's not a shitty knock off of a brilliantly written classic.
>>
>>66747468
>brilliantly written classic
The original Ghostbusters is trash.
>>
People seem to be super angry about it. I didn't think it was good, but I didn't think it was bad enough to get my panties in a bunch over tiher. I strongly suspect that this is a standard case of reddit mob snowballing.
>>
>>66747649
Ha! You contrarian cunt. Go and try your shit bait on someone else.
>>
>>66748626
Is there an English translation of this babble?
>>
>>66748794

Yes. It's identical except that "tiher" is corrected to "either".
>>
>>66746427
I don't get the fat jokes meme.

I don't think there's literally a single fat joke in feig's movies with mccarthy, briedsmaids or spy. The jokes are more about other traits of the characters (loud, clumsy) and it happens to be played by that whale with the cute face, but there's never any real "LOL COS SHE SO FAt" jokes.
>>
It looked a little too studio-comedy to me, and I don't know the last time I've seen one of those that I've liked. I guess I laughed a few times at Horrible Bosses?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.