[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else watch this movie? I loved it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
Anyone else watch this movie? I loved it
>>
Why didn't he just use a gun??
>>
>>66713914
This fucking emotionless alien ruined it for me. All I felt was hatred for her, both for how shitty she is as an actress and how downright awful and incompetent her character was.
>>
>>66713944
He was an insane autist. His room was always immaculate, he was into archery, he collected computer viruses. Psycho'sa psycho
>>
>>66713987
Yeah she was a shitty mom but she didn't deserve all the hate for what her son did.
>>
File: 144625laEECX0a.jpg (26 KB, 219x265) Image search: [Google]
144625laEECX0a.jpg
26 KB, 219x265
>using a bow and arrow in a school shooting
>>
>>66713987
>how shitty she is as an actress
you truly are an imbecile
>>
>>66714036
>NOT USING SPOILERS
KYS YOU FUCKING RETARD AHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>66713987
I just had a hard time sympathizing with her at all. I guess if the kid is a bona fide psychopath there's not much she could have done to teach him morality, but she seemed so self-centered when she was bringing him up, so obsessed with the arts and fun that she used to have and totally upset about having to deal with her new responsibility.
Maybe that was part of the point, though. That in her current state, she thinks back on how she acted, and feels guilty for not doing more.
>>
>>66713987
that's the fucking point brainless piece of cake ill fucking kill you sempai
>>
>>66714034

She defended him. They mentioned it in the film, how she'd be hated if she tried to defend him in court. It's why she's living in a shack, she sold the house to pay court fees.

He obviously lost, because he's a psycho and probably bragged about it, but she always felt guilty about not being a 'good mother' and Kevin somehow being her fault.
>>
>>66714034
She does though. If she'd shown him one ounce of affection or understanding, instead of branding him a psychopath literally from when he was born because boo hoo babies cry too much and kids do naughty things, he wouldn't have grown up hating himself and done what he did.

Fuck her. It was that selfish cunt's fault entirely.
>>
Read the book too. Legitimately depressed me.

>tfw there's always a possibility that your own son might be a psychopath that might kill you
>>
>>66714097

That is the point. She thought her dislike somehow poisoned him in the womb, that he 'knew' and was punishing her. It's why she tried so hard and ruined her own life defending him in court.

She wasn't bad, it's probably a normal reaction to your old life coming to an end, but she always felt his behavior was her fault.
>>
The rape scene was a little over the top
>>
>>66714191
She abused and neglected him as a kid. Did you not get that?
>>
It's garbage, waste of 2 hours. do not watch this trash.
>>
>>66714107

>WAHHH PARENTS SUCK

It wasn't her fault at all. He was clearly fucked in the head. And he didn't hate himself, he was a huge narcissist.

If she was so bad, how come he killed his dad and sister, even though they both thought loved him?
>>
>>66714043
>>66714098
no he's right you fucking goobs
>>
>>66714330
I felt pretty bad when she was at the office party and she refused her coworker to a dance and he said
> “Where do you get off, you stuck-up bitch. Do you think anyone else is going to want you now?”
>>
>>66714222

How? By expecting him not to be a little bastard? That's just normal parenting, spare the rod and spoil the child.

The arm breaking was an accident and she obviously hated herself for it. His lack of pain is a huge red flag for psychopathy, possibly schizophrenia.
>>
>>66714404
But there's the persistent thought of nature vs. nurture. How much of what you do when they're in developmental stages plays in?

At the point of the arm breaking, I think it should have been obvious that there was something by nature that made him act the way he did. And the fact that immediately after that, he stopped using his diapers, that he had probably been capable of toilet training the whole time, but didn't just for whatever aberrated sense of attention he got from it.

But the burden of guilt would probably still weigh in on her, even though there was sensibly nothing she could do to fix him. Certainly, there must have also been sense of guilt from not loving your child, and later for feeling like you had to protect your second child from the unstable first child.
>>
>>66714404
>>66714775
If you break your child's arm, you deserve to have your child taken away from you, period.

Can't believe people are defending this bitch.
>>
File: ezra-miller.png (92 KB, 232x524) Image search: [Google]
ezra-miller.png
92 KB, 232x524
>>66713914
D R O P P E D
>>
>>66714815
Spotted the woman
>>
>>66714901
>Ezra Miller
>EZRA

Gee, who would've thought
>>
>>66714815
Defending, no. I still have a hard time really sympathizing with her, but I do understand what the intent was with the movie: to frame the mother's state of mind with the guilt in the way she acted when Kevin was a child, and whether or not there was ever something she could have done to prevent him from committing murder.

Especially when he was young, and acting totally normal for the dad, but constantly behaving like a bona fide psychopath around his mother, and her insistence that yes, our child is definitely socially and psychologically abnormal, but the dad never seeing it, that's going to leave her with a lot of thoughts to deal with in the long run.

She acted poorly when he was growing up. Between taking him to a jackhammer so she didn't have to listen to him crying, to breaking his arm because she lost patience with him, she is not someone absolved of blame.

But the kid was, in the long run, clearly abnormal, to the point of destruction of his family. The only thing she really could have done would have been to have him committed to a mental hospital, and the father would have opposed it.

I may have to watch this with some other people. It's a better movie for discussion than I remember feeling about it.
>>
>>66714901
>>66715018
They can't keep getting away with it.
>>
File: flash.jpg (93 KB, 640x442) Image search: [Google]
flash.jpg
93 KB, 640x442
>>66714901
>he'll be the movie flash
disgusting, compared to what we already have
>>
Thread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfGiozWVnYQ
>>
>>66714901
I really hate his fucking face. I didn't like it in City Island, and I didn't like it in Kevin.
And it's a fucking waste, because the kid has an incredible jawline. Like what the fuck.
>>
>>66715219
Guy's got a serious case of gayface and has about as much screen presence as a plank of wood.
>>
>>66714901
Oliva Wilde's brother eh :^)
>>
>>66715219
Man, he looks like such a twink
I bet he's a powerbottom
>>
>>66715049
He would most likely have been totally ok if he got some psychological help and if his mother was a decent human being. No need at all to have him committed. Kids with much greater problems have turned out ok irl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2-Re_Fl_L4
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.