[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MEIN FUHRER I CAN WALK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: improv-drstrangelove-590x350.jpg (77 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
improv-drstrangelove-590x350.jpg
77 KB, 590x350
MEIN FUHRER I CAN WALK
>>
>>66713853
(Song starts playing)

We meet again, dont no when, dont no wheeerrrre but i know we meet again, some sunny day.
>>
>we can't allow a mineshaft gap!

What did he mean by this?
>>
Is Dr.Strangelove a perfect movie? Is there ANYTHING wrong with it?
>>
The ending gives me chills literally every time
>>
>when johnny comes marching home starts playing
>>
SPIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEELBEEEEEERRRRRRG
>>
>dude killed himself because he wouldn't shut the fuck up over precious bodily fluids
>>
i love this movie so much
>>
>>66715564
nope...perfect film
>>
>>66713853
>warned sixty years ago
>population too dense to understand

Americans explain
>>
>>66715564
hope it lasted longer :(
>>
>>66715444
It's both a reference to the paranoia about a missile gap between the US and USSR during the cold war, and a reference to "gemeinschaft."

>a spontaneously arising organic social relationship characterized by strong reciprocal bonds of sentiment and kinship within a common tradition; also : a community or society characterized by this relationship
>>
>>66715564
I dislike the use of the narrator two times.
>>
Was USA and the Russians really that paronoid back then? Also any recommendations for cold war movies/documentaries?
>>
>>66718172
spread out the population
>>
>>66718355
>Were the USA and the Russians really that paranoid back then?

Considering that doomsday device in the film was something that the USSR actually built, yes.
>>
>>66718355
Extremely paranoid. If you want to see the serious version of "Strangelove". Have a look at "Fail Safe"
>>
>>66715564
it's in black and white
>>
File: 379543_500x320.jpg (14 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
379543_500x320.jpg
14 KB, 500x320
YOU CONSPIRED WITH XOF

YOU TRAITOR
>>
Gentlemen you can't fight in here! This is the war room!
>>
WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL THE WORLD EH?
>>
MEIN FUHRER
I CAN KEK!!!
>>
>>66719733
As you know, the Premier loves surprises
>>
>>66715564
>there are no women in the movie
>all white men, which are in control of the world (president and generals)
a lot of wrong stuff with it desu
>>
File: dhp.jpg (125 KB, 733x793) Image search: [Google]
dhp.jpg
125 KB, 733x793
>>66718471
>Considering that doomsday device in the film was something that the USSR actually built
Never, ever, post again.

>inb4 Perimeter, which even if it was ever an automatic system (which it wasn't) is absolutely not the doomsday device in the film
>>
>>66720887
>>there are no women in the movie
there is exactly one woman in the movie, and she spends her only scene in the movie equipped with underpants and a hot bod
>all white men, which are in control of the world (president and generals)
literally nothing wrong familia
>>
>>66720903
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Hand_(nuclear_war)
>>
>>66713853
>Man Herman Kahn sure is crazy even those it's blatantly obvious I've done nothing but read NYT hit pieces on him instead of actually reading him myself because I'm a Hollywood director who's too busy for such things
>>
I'm really glad I went into this not knowing a single thing about it.

As soon as the president turns around and says "DR. STRANGELOVE" I couldn't stop grinning. Every moment Sellers was on screen was perfect.
>>
>>66721068
>Although both Katayev and Korobushin claimed that the mechanism had already been deployed, Viktor Surikov, Deputy Director of the Central Scientific Research Institute for General Machine Building (TsNIIMash) in 1976–92, confirmed in 1993 that the Soviets had designed the automatic launch system with seismic, light and radiation sensors, but said that the design had been ultimately rejected by Marshal Sergey Akhromeyev on advice of Korobushin and never materialized.[13]

Thanks for proving yourself wrong. And if you could read what I posted (which you can't) it is a Soviet report of how the proposed automatic system has not been implemented
>>
File: 1456477293564.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1456477293564.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>66715564
Literally nothing, people can argue with me all they want but I still maintain that it's Kubrick's best film.
>>
>>66718355
Did your parents/grandparents (I don't know how old you are) never explain the duck and cover drills they had in school? Maybe you're not American so you wouldn't know, but heightened paranoia about nuclear holocaust was a very real thing back then that makes today's paranoia over Islamic terrorism look like child's play.
>>
>>66713853
I never understood stood that

Was he faking it the whole time or did he get cured in the end
>>
>>66721360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf9iTZ433zs

Strangelove was a crypto-nazi and his nazi subconscious really starts to come out near the end of the movie. I lol'd when he starts heiling when the topic of eugenics comes up. He is literally pitching the president of the United States the "Aryan master race" idea.
>>
>>66721608
I love how the actor playing the russian ambassador is trying his best not to burst out laughing at Seller's antics (2 min 50 sec)
>>
>>66721360
He represents the inner Nazi that is within all of us. In times of crisis, Nazis start to walk among us again. This is why it is so important to vote for liberal parties when Muslims are destroying Europe now instead of the Soviets. Never forget the six million.
>>
>>66713853
What did he mean by that? I mean seriously, I am not sure I got that part of the ending.
>>
Gentlemen, you can't discuss good films in here! This is /tv/!
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.