[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>30 years ago >four scientists saved new york >this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4
File: ghostbustersimage.jpg (450 KB, 2120x1416) Image search: [Google]
ghostbustersimage.jpg
450 KB, 2120x1416
>30 years ago
>four scientists saved new york
>this summer
>a new team will answer the call

so is this a reboot or sequel?
>>
>>66700325
Depends if the narrative is occurring inside or outside of the movie's universe...
>>
the director has said its a hard reboot
if it does well then there will be a male version according to the sony leaks
>>
>>66700353
judging by the trailer's text it is a sequel as they acknowledge the first team.

and if it isn't a sequel.. why the hell have this text in the trailer!?? That would be like quoting Sam Raimi's Spiderman in the Amazing Spiderman trailer
>>
It's a requel.
>>
>>66700325
>four scientists
>>
>>66700325
>four scientists
Winston wasn't a scientist.
>>
>>66700398
wut
>>
>>66700325

>so is this a reboot or sequel?

Stop opresing them with your questions!!!!!
>>
File: 1456581587304.jpg (566 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1456581587304.jpg
566 KB, 1920x1200
>>66700602
>Stop opresing them with your questions!!!!!
woah i was just asking dude chill
>>
>>66700325
sequel, but in an alternate universe
>>
>>66700705
same way force awakens is a sequel to return of the jedi but in an alternative universe
>>
>>66700430
>>66700445
This. Also the line in the trailer is meaningless considering the original ghostbusters dont exist in this universe
>>
>>66700325
>this summer
>we only have 1 scientist, an engineer, a fatass with no title, and someone who "knows New York"
>good luck
>>
>>66700325
soft reboot
>>
>>66700325
flopquel
>>
>>66700360
According to an interview with Channing Tatum (who's supposed to be in it) they have no idea what the fuck they're doing.
>>
>>66702760
I could have told you that
>>
>>66700391
Nope. Full reboot. The trailer text is for the audience and to build off the originals popularity. In the actual film the characters get laughed at for believing in ghosts until they suddenly appear, there's no history of major paranormal activity in New York prior to when the new films story begins. Also the orignal cast have cameos but NOT as their old characters.
>>
>>66703228
this explains why we see them inventing the capture technology when if it was a sequel they'd already know it
>>
Box office flop
>>
>>66700325

It's a shitty reboot disguised as a sequel.

I don't hate the film for sexist reasons, I hate it because it was unnecessary for the franchise to be rebooted.

There have been movies with female casts which I genuinely like, and find hilarious. Unfortunetly, I feel that this will not be one of them.
>>
Is there a difference between a reboot and an alternate story that takes place outside of the main universe?
>>
>>66703950

Depends. Is it Amazing Spiderman vs. Marvel EU universes we're talking about, or Spiderman (sam raimi films) being rebooted by the Amazing Spiderman films?
>>
>>66700325
>not realising that line is directed towards the audience
it doesnt matter if its a reboot or a sequel, that line is meant for the audience
>>
>>66700779
underrated post
>>
>>66700325
it's a movie that's going to gross $400 million domestic, and $450 million international
>>
>>66700325
am I the only who thinks it was a little offensive that they are all "super smart" and the only thing the black bitch has is "street cred"?
>>
>>66704544
how is that offensive?
>>
>>66704544

Wow you're the first person to notice that!

Stupid cunt.
>>
>>66700445
>Winston wasn't a scientist.

And Venkman was a kinda con man / entertainer.
>>
>>66703851
>There have been movies with female casts which I genuinely like, and find hilarious.
Such as?
>>
>>66704559
If they go full grill power mode why not make them all super smart?
This is clearly opression of black people.
>>
>>66700360
Even more reason to hope this bombs
>>
>>66705961
The woman playing that character has been tweetshilling like a crazy person trying to get people to ignore that point. Shame she actually types just like a sassy stronk black woman from the street.
>>
>>66705656

Ah, but he had a pretend Science background and degree.
>>
>>66700391
>>66700325
Even more puzzling, is why the fuck did they put that text when the text is clearly fucking wrong?

The original team was composed of 3 goddamn scientists and some average schlub who was there for the paycheck.
>>
>>66707315
False advertising, Sony Pictures realized they've shot themselves in the foot by letting Paul Feig do a total reboot is a bad fucking way to start off a Cinematic Universe.
>>
>>66700325
A reboot is a movie that disregards the previous movies continuity.
This is a sequel or a soft reboot.
>>
>>66706293
>pretend Science background and degree
He had two Ph.d
>>
>>66707402
>reboot is a movie that disregards the previous movies continuity.
Which is exactly what this film is doing.
>>
>>66707315
are you implying that only 3 out of 4 women can be scientists?
Stop opressing them!
>>
>>66704344
Can you explain what you're saying? I'm not fluent in retard.
>>
>>66704559
>taking that obvious bait
>>
>>66705942
Bridesmaids
>>
>>66707315
>The original team was composed of 3 goddamn scientists and some average schlub who was there for the paycheck.
I agree.

But as I was reading up on the original ghostbusters I found some info that I found puzzling. It stated that in the "original" script Winston Zeddemore was an ex-marine holding multiple doctorates.

Obviously none of this info made it into the original movie. Maybe it is true, maybe it is retcon, it is probably BS.

Most people who saw the original, like myself, thought he was an average joe.
>>
File: 192092832.jpg (310 KB, 849x565) Image search: [Google]
192092832.jpg
310 KB, 849x565
>4 scientists
the fuck? It's 3 scientist.

>turned out they're women
oh makes sense.
>>
>>66700445
Can you imagine the salt if they'd put "Four MEN saved the world"?
>>
>>66700325
It's a reboot, but is safer marketing as a sequel.
>>
>>66700325
I noticed this as well especially since Winston wasn't a scientist. Also didn't they confirm multiple times in the last few years that is a reboot not a sequel? This is saying they changed their mind probably based on negative feedback. I'm wondering if all those reshoots weren't to change the returning cast from random cameos to their original characters. Poor Bill Murray, literally threatening to be sued if he didn't appear in this shit show.
>>
>>66708595
I get the feeling that that's what they wanted to say, but then some woman said "change it."
>>
Rageboot.
>>
It's a soft reboot like The Force Awakens.

Technically a sequel in the sense that it takes place after the previous movie and in the same universe, but it takes place so long after the last movie and with a new cast and a story that has nothing to do with the last movie, so it might as well be a reboot.

People call it a soft reboot.

>>66700353
Then the director's a liar.
>>
>this summer
>four women
>will do the exact same thing four men did
>because they can't come up with an original idea on their own
>but if you don't like it
>you're a sexist misogynist prick
>>
>>66708772

Yeah, I think so too.

(should've just done four heroes)
>>
STOP THINKING ABOUT "UNIVERSES"

TOLKIEN UNIVERSE
MARVEL UNIVERSE
ALIEN UNIVERSE WITH OR WITHOUT ALIEN 3 HURR
STAR WARS UNIVERSE DURR RUINED BY PREQUELS DERP

JESUS CHRIST YOU FAGS

STOP BEING SUCH HORRIBLE ESCAPIST CUNT

THINK OF THE STORY, THINK OF WHERE IT LEADS TO, ON THE CATHARSIS, THE EPIPHANY, THE MENTAL WEALTH, YOU CAN IGNORE ANYTHING THAT YOU LIKE AND PAY ATTENTION TO ANYTHING THAT YOU LIKE

THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT

YOU ARE GIVING THESE JEWS MONEY JUST SO THAT THEY CAN PUT YOU IN ANOTHER "UNIVERSE"

THAT SHIT AIN'T ANOTHER UNIVERSE, THOSE GUYS ARE SWIMMING IN MONEY AND YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT A FICTIONAL CONTINENT

HONESTLY, BE A FUNDAMENTALIST CREATIONIST FAGGOT, BELIEVE IN FAIRIES, WATCH ANCIENT ALIENS AND IT WILL STILL BE MORE HEALTHY TO YOU THAN THINKING OF MOVIE, BOOK AND COMIC BOOK UNIVERSES

YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN MLP FAGGOTS

WHY CAN'T YOU BE GODDAMN NORMAL? FUCK YOU MANCHILDREN, GROW UP
>>
>>66709287
I agree entirely with this post.

except for maybe the crazy anti-semitic conspiracy theory rant but basically the message is sound
>>
>>66700325

a shit
>>
>>66709287
>you are giving these jews money
I think the whole point of threads like these proves people aren't giving their money to see this shit you fucking faggot
>>
>>66700325
I wondred this too, and here is what i found out
>this is a reboot, the "30 years ago 4 scientists" thing makes no sense, its just there to say hey remember the ghostbusters? We are doing over... WITH WOMEN
>Bill Murray is in the movie, but since this is a reboot he will not be playing Venkman, they wrote a cameo for him thats a new character untelated to the first two movies

Seriusly... wtf are they doing?
>>
File: 1457184679890.jpg (165 KB, 690x838) Image search: [Google]
1457184679890.jpg
165 KB, 690x838
>>66700325
>>
>>66700398
Science has gone too far
>>
>>66700325
Male Cock Oppressor! Check your privilege! Death to the patriarchy!
>>
>>66708923
>Technically a sequel
Yes, a sequel where despite there being 2 huge occurrences involving ghosts, likely well documented and witnessed by multiple people, suddenly no one knows about ghosts or the ghostbusters...
>>
>>66709403
>The gorilla
I chuckled
>>
>>66709287
>Grow up.
What did he mean by this?
>>
Ghostbusters was never even good in the first place.
>>
>>66705942
no og but The heat wasn't bad, but I can watch anything with Sandra Bullock
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.