[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So was this a continuation or a reboot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: images-11.jpg (26 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
images-11.jpg
26 KB, 511x288
So was this a continuation or a reboot?
>>
>>66698218
how the fuck would it be a reboot? have you not seen the first one you fucking idiot
>>
Fuck continuity, I'll just make more based Mad Max

t. George Miller
>>
>>66698218
a cash grab
>>
its a continuation, the little feral kid in MM2 grows up to become the max we see in fury road
>>
I subscribe to the "feral kid kid grows up to take on Max's name" theory ala Venom Snake to Big Boss. In other words continuation.
>>
>>66698218

Neither. It's entirely possible to have happened within the timeline of the series.
>>
It's the same thing as when they get a new Bond pre-blonde manlet.
>>
When it was first announced it was supposed to take place between 1 and 2
then the sequel was supposed to take place between 2 and 3
then finally a sequel to thunderdome
>>
>>66698552
>a 15 year cash grab
>>
>>66698552
>winning oscars with a cash grab
Man that's gotta suck.
t. sarcasm
>>
Does it really matter?
>>
it was truly horrible
>>
>>66698218
It's a tale. Basically something told around the campfire, the legend of The Road Warrior, The Man They Called Max. No strict continuity is placed on anything.

>>66698636
>>66698732
I assumed he was the narrator in Road Warrior, and grew up to become the leader of the Northern tribe.
>>
>>66698759

That makes it a continuation you dunce.
>>
I only know that it was fucking retarded to give Furiosa soace age technology. If they wanted to hint at Joe discarding her because of a deformity, they should've just given her a scar or something.
>>
>>66699401
Giving her a prosthetic arm isn't really space age technology.

My theory is, she got her arm torn off in an accident, might have gotten infected or something, and the Organic Mechanic fixed her up a new arm because he knew about her skills as a truck driver. Bet she was a mean ol' cunt in her time too, Imperators gotta have balls of fucking steel.
>>
>>66699523

A prosthetic arm that works like that doesn't exist, though.
>>
Have you guys not heard of soft reboots before? It's clearly a soft reboot.
>>
>>66699588
http://www.madmaxmovies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11064
>>
Tom Hardy's "Max" is the feral child from the second movie. He even uses a boomerrang in the fight with the bullet farmer, its among the things he grabs before heading out. The music box also appears while in the truck.
>>
>>66699890
How would you explain him having the Interceptor in the beginning of the movie, then? The wreck from The Road Warrior wasn't exactly salvageable.
>>
>>66699890

So he somehow ended up with Max's car, which was destroyed in 3.

If anything, it's a soft reboot as that other Anon says. I know it's the most boring answer.

More likely: based Miller didn't think too much about the subject once he decided what the story was gonna be like.
>>
>>66699956
>Implying there wherent other interceptors around.
Where feral kid was headed at the end of road warrior was basically Mad Max's homeland.
>>
>>66700075
But they specifically said "The last of the Interceptors".
>>
Saw fury road last night and really liked it. Should I go back and watch the origionals?
>>
is this SJW
I wanna watch it otherwise
>>
>>66698636
that's only a rumour you pleb
>>
>>66698218
>So was this a continuation or a reboot?

Each film in the series is a soft reboot.
>>
>>66700155
at the end of the movie: all the females become queens and bosses of the new world and take over everything as Max leaves so yeah.. it is SJW
>>
>>66700155
No, it is not SJW. Fury Road explores themes of objectification, but not in the whiny third-wave feminism way. Everyone gets objectified. The women are used as milk factories and baby makers. The men are used as fodder for war and slave workers. Anyone saying this movie is SJW is just a total memer idiot.
>>
File: And_Here_Comes_The_Shitposter.webm (3 MB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
And_Here_Comes_The_Shitposter.webm
3 MB, 640x350
How the fuck was Mad Max not even nominated for best documentary?
>>
>>66700262
>I must dufund muhh fuhry rud cos is bust moovie!
>>
>>66700203
yea that's bullshit lmao
>>
>>66700315
When did I imply that at all in my post? You're grasping at straws my boy.
>>
>>66700352
>yea that's bullshit lmao
have you actually watched the movie? it is a feminist film Fury Road hence the ending.

None of the guys get to fuck any of the girls because they are ex sex slaves.
>>
>>66700436
Fury Road is so feminist that the only people capable of actually doing some shit is Max and Nux. All the women with the exception of Furiosa are useless porcelain dolls or forced Mary Sues that the old hags.

If it's a feminist movie, then it did a pretty shitty job at it.
>>
>>66700436
>it's a feminist movie because the guys didn't get to fuck the girls

Well one, that's some retarded logic, and two, Nux could have easily fucked the red haired girl but he died
>>
>>66700569
>implying Nux didn't pump his piston on the Redhead

There had to be a better car sex joke there but you get my point.
>>
>>66700436
No I mean it's stupid how that is even possible
Women don't have power
>>
>>66700631
I mean if it happened, it happened, but they were constantly moving throughout the film so I assumed there was no time
>>
>>66700651
>Women don't have power
well in this movie they do and all the fat girl slaves become leaders of the new world too.. is so unrealistic
>>
>>66698218
Mad Max was inspired by "The hero with a thousand faces" and beside the 1st movie that was the origin of Mad Max, rest of movies are just tales from a legend of Mad Max with no chronology.
>>
>>66700569
If I was Max I would have forced myself on one of the women.. what are they gonna do? I am their hope of survival so I control them to safety.
kek
>>
>>66700738
But then Furiosa would ram her robo-arm up your ass
>>
>>66700796
ahh shit oh well you gotta have some pain if you wanna have a fun life right?
>>
>>66698907
>It's a tale. Basically something told around the campfire, the legend of The Road Warrior, The Man They Called Max. No strict continuity is placed on anything.
This is excellent, thank you for this.
>>
>>66700692
Well, that bit where they're in the weird Bug Lookout thing and Capable (I think that's her name) says "I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to", and they're both lying down, I assumed they banged then and there. Next time we see them she's sleeping on his shoulder, so it seems as though they got fairly close during that part. It's not out of the realm of possibility, is what I'm trying to say.
>>
>>66700692
Wasn't there a at least an hour long time skip after nux and red first meet? Seems like the best for it if there was any action.
>>
>>66700837
Cool shit man. I think George Miller himself said something along those lines.
>>
>>66700738
Furiosa would have fucked the shit out of him if he had stayed the night at the citadel
>>
>>66700075

It was directly stated in the first movie that the interceptor was a special production to keep Max on the force. Then society collapsed. I don't think there would be others.
>>
>>66700129
1 is a really slow burning, dystopian revenge drama. Most plebs can't handle it.

2 is the classique post apocalyptic rev-head dream. Most people like this one.

3 takes it all too far and despite some good shit is pretty bad overall. Most people don't like this one.

1 is my favorite, but if you like Fury Road, probably just stick to 2 and maybe 3.
>>
File: madmaxgun.jpg (175 KB, 1600x744) Image search: [Google]
madmaxgun.jpg
175 KB, 1600x744
>>66701182

3 has the coolest looking Max in it, though.
>>
Fun fact I beat the Mad Max video game last year and it is in fact a sequel to Fury Road.

In fact the main baddy, Scabrous Scrotus is actually Rictus' brother. There's a character in there called Griffa who upgrades some of your shit but most of the time when you talk to him he just psycho analyses Max. In one of these encounters Max just couldn't answer Griffa about how old he is and how long has he been wandering the wasteland.
>>
>>66698218
A reboot.
And a failed one.
Hardy is a lousy substitute for Mel Gibson.
>>
File: mad-max.jpg (58 KB, 838x559) Image search: [Google]
mad-max.jpg
58 KB, 838x559
I worked on these films:

Mel Gibson was going to reprise his role when this was listed as "Mad Max 4: Fury Road".

Movie cancelled when war broke out after September 11, 2001.

Tried to make movie in 2003 but Broken Hill in New South Wales was subjected to heavy rainfall causing all the desert to bloom with flowers. Moved to Africa... shipped all the vehicles over there at a cost of $16M. War in Africa breaks out. Movie cancelled until further notice.

George makes Happy Feet. Movie wins OscarĀ® for Best Animated Feature in 2006. Therefore Warner Bros force George to make Happy Feet 2. Several more years go by.

War over Oil in Middle East continues to hamper Mad Max 4 which is about a "war over oil".

'Mad Max might be better as a reboot', thinks George. Mel Gibson getting a decade older now since production began. Mel Gibson now in the news for #sugartits comment to arresting officers. Mel Gibson then in hot water over #Jewsrunhollywood rant. Goodbye Public Relations.

Mel Gibson forced to duck and cover.

George Miller tries to make 'Justice League' Movie... casts his cast. Announces his movie. Superman Returns makes insufficient returns so Warner Bros KILLS Justice League. George sad.

George decides Mad Max should be a reboot with "homage" to the original film. The concept is simple: Max can be anyone. Max can be the memory of people that he saved and each person remembers his face slightly differently.

Max is recast with Tom Hardy in the lead because Tom Hardy.

"Mad Max 4: Fury Road" becomes "Mad Max: Fury Road"

Paul Feig hears Reboots are all the rage and someone throws him Ghostbusters so he decides to avoid making Ghostbusters 3 and renames "his movie" GHOSTBUSTERS 2016 and creates a 'cold reboot'. Don't worry, he says... the fans will love it.

Ivan Reitman dies and Bill Murray says "go fuck yourselves". Rick Moranis says "I want nothing to do with this shit. Ackroyd knows he can make money out of this and agrees to a Cameo.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.