[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of the juice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: 937803478098309830303.jpg (35 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
937803478098309830303.jpg
35 KB, 620x372
What do you think of the juice?
>>
>>66686948
i hope they film an epilogue where the knife is found and kept in that cops house
>>
>>66686948
OJ had more chiseled features
>>
>>66686948
Whoa, they look nothing alike. Juice was way more handsome than Cuba
>>
They just found a knife at his old crib. Dindus about to get BTFO.
>>
>>66686948
I grew up with the OJ trial, Cuba is a horrible choice. I can't get past episode 1 he's so shit
>>
>>66688751
The rest of the show is pretty good, and at this point OJ just has to sit there during the trial so it's not so bad. But I agree, I think Cuba was probably the worst casting choice in the whole show.
>>
Physically they don't look anything alike. But I don't know enough about OJ' personality to say Cuba was a bad choice or not.

He's certainly nailing the character of someone whose clearly capable of killing, yet also naive as to wonder why anyone would think he would.
>>
They've found the murder weapon
http://www.thewrap.com/oj-simpson-knife-discovery-watch-lapd-press-conference-live-video/
>>
He doesn't look like OJ but that might be how OJ was emotionally at the time. Cuba's a pretty good actor so I'm assuming he's kind of just making the character up. Clearly not as good as everyone else in the show but it's okay. Also since this is a racebait thread:

>>66688738
>>66689785
No. No they haven't.
>>
>>66689080
>Physically they don't look anything alike.

Nothing unusual about that in biopics. Apollo 13's commander, Jim Lovell, actually looks more like Kevin Costner than Tom Hanks.
>>
Courtney B. Vance is dunking on every other actor right now.
>>
>>66686948
Blazing through the book.

Show's great, masterclass in acting, tone's perfect, but while Cuba delivers a good performance, he does not have the Juice's larger-than-life charm and gravitas, a key to the whole affair.
>>
>>66690552
Yes, they are investigating the knife as we speak. Are you a retarded person?
>>
>>66690784
Not that anon, but if it turns out to have any legitimacy, BRAVO LAPD ONCE AGAIN. REALLY GREAT JOB.
>>
>>66686948

No one responded to my thread so I'll say it here

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson would have made a perfect OJ. Looks like him and also has a big imposing frame.
>>
>>66691116

Not a bad idea, my man. I like it.
>>
JUICE
>>
>>66689785

>they found the weapon
>just in time to publicize the show
pretty convenient, 2bh f@m
Toobin (author of the book which this is based on) was virtual leader of the lynch mob for OJ Simpson.
already the series is showing HUGE misinformation bias, such as not showing that Furman et al were roaming back and forth for HOURS between OJ house and Nicole's house with no oversite or supervision.
They show the glove being "spontaneously" found almost immediately when they broke into OJ's property, they show the "blood" found instantly.

In other words, the ENTIRE narrative of the story is being told ONLY from the point of view of the police and prosecutors.

And since their side lost in the trial battle, their version has no authenticity.
The casting of Cuba Gooding stands out as the "worst" performance of the ensemble. Even his dramatic moments dissolve into histrionics.

Marcia Clark is the best presented character.
This is just a clumsy, obvious and uninspired hatchet job on OJ, who is, to this day, NOT GUILTY of the murder.
>>
>>66690784
A knife, one of several brought forward over the years, is turned in to the LAPD, a knife allegedly found by a construction worker and given to an ex-traffic cop on a 'movie' set who held onto it for twenty years as a souvenir. A knife being brought forward amid the airing of the FX series and a new era of racial tension in the US. With 22 years of possible DNA contamination on it. For a defendant that can't be tried again for the same crime. Right. The murder weapon. Sure. I bet. Even if it is, it doesn't even matter anymore. There's no way to conclusively prove it.

If anything, the LAPD would want this to go away as quickly as possible.
>>
>>66686948
BITCH DIED CUS SHE WAS A SLUT

DONT CHEAT YOU WONT GET STABBED TO DEATH

OJ DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>66691116
he's white tho
>>
>>66691173
>NOT GUILTY of the murder

You had me til here. It's not clumsy either, it's a really well done show, unless you're just b8ing.
>>
>>66691116
would of been great but knowing niggers they want a black man as him
>>
>>66691232
His dad is black.
>>
>>66691263
Huh?
>>
>>66691232
>>66691263
But he's literally black? Are you saying that CGJ is more black? I mean they're both a chocolate brown colour in my eyes, do we have to get a fucking colour chart or something?
>>
File: Juice.png (71 KB, 320x569) Image search: [Google]
Juice.png
71 KB, 320x569
>>
>PRAY4OJ
>>
>>66691359
>Amerifat education
>>
>>66687968
This. Whoever that is on he right looks like a dork
>>
>>66691598
BIX NOOD
>>
>>66691248

>You had me til here.
I'm not framing my arguments to win you particularly over.
There were GIANT holes of credibility in the prosecutions version, and it is their job to frame the case against the accused.

At the end of the trial, the defense were ready to present evidence that the blood of OJ which was found in places that pointed to his guilt, had traces of lab preservative in it, meaning it could only come from the sample OJ gave to the cops.

Ito was BEGGING them to wrap it up, and they felt they already had a sufficient defense presented, so they cut it off.

They failed, plain and simple.
Many of the people who refuse to acknowledge this are barely disguising their racism.
>>
>>66691672
Not that anon, but you had me til here

>Many of the people who refuse to acknowledge this are barely disguising their racism.
>>
>WIFE CHEATS ON HUSBAND WITH GUY

>WIFE AND GUY GET MURDERED

IN 2016 PEOPLE UNIRONICALLY BELIEVE OJ DIDN'T DO IT
>>
>>66691765
>cheats
>wife

Are people watching this show at all
>>
>>66691598
Silly eurotrash. Nigger athletes don't get educations. They get scholarships to play sports then they play sports and they don't learn shit in college. Especially an amazing player like OJ would just be passed so he could continue to play.
>>
>>66691672
Hang on a second. I'm a black guy not saying HOL UP but instead hang on a second. I think he did it. A lot of black people do. But LAPD fucked up their case. That's the obvious part. From a legal perspective, he should have gotten off because of that and he did. That's the legal process. But don't kid yourself into thinking it's just a bunch of white racists out for OJ's blood. He did it. He's guilty. But dozens of other white guys have gotten off too, white guys with money and power. The people not admitting this and are butthurt over the verdict in the OJ case are your racists, not just the people who simply think he's guilty. I think he's guilty but am satisfied with the legal process in this case. It's sad but what are you going to do? His life ended up being ruined anyway. It's at least some sort of justice.
>>
>>66691901
This
>>
>>66691985
>He did it. He's guilty.
Black people can be prejudiced too
>>
>>66692680
>he can barely write a grammatical sentence
then who wrote that "book" where he supposedly confessed?
>>
>>66692787
Pablo Fenjves
>>
they didn't cast Cuba because he looks like OJ. They cast him to add to the sense of 90s nostalgia.

What do Schwimmer, Travolta, and Cuba have in common? They were all huge in the 90s.
>>
>>66692881
Well yeah, he played a flashy football star in Jerry Maguire so it's not a big leap. Understood, still doesnt really fill the shoes.
>>
>>66686948
Both are nuts so I approve.
>>
>>66691598

Single parent home in the ghetto
>>
>>66693657
Before reading the book I had no idea that

a) Oj's dad was gay and died of AIDS
b) Oj's daughter drowned in his pool
>>
>>66693697

And his son has issues. Was in a mental institution for a while.
>>
>>66693697
a) He got the Aids from OJ.
b) She was just going out for a drink.
>>
>>66693741
Damn. Didnt get that far yet, assuming that's in the book. But this was powerful, along w the corresponding videotape.
>>
File: theyalllookthesamethough.jpg (26 KB, 354x365) Image search: [Google]
theyalllookthesamethough.jpg
26 KB, 354x365
>>66686948
why did they cast him though?
Also is the whole, squeaky whistle voice accurate? Did the juice talk like that?
And wouldn't this dude being better fit for the role?
>>
>>66688751
i dont think there's many other good black actors that would do a TV show is the reason why
>>
>>66690641
Steve Jobs
>>
>>66694135
he already has a TV show and is doing marvel stuff, I think he's too busy
>>
>>66686948
it's watchable and entertaining but that's about it.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.