[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Describe a movie you don't remember a name of,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8
and wait for some autistic faggot who has seen them all to tell you what it is.

I'll start:
>It's foreign(non hollywood) iirc.
>Vast majority, if not all of it, is set in a prison cell.
>New arrival in the prison is is a schmuck who'll never make it through his sentence(I think he's wrongly convicted)
>He has a son he really wants to be reunited with
>The other inmates are: A hulking faggot, his bitch, and some older guy(i think)
>They find some journal with mysterious rituals and shit like that.
>One of these rituals is supposed to let them escape the prison
>Some shit goes wrong
>They end up dying/having to sacrifice each other to get out
>The new guy is the last survivor
>Ritual is complete
>Only to reveal that his spirit has passed into his son's toy soldier or Ken-doll(or something of the sort)
>>
>It's MAYBE a tv show from the 90's
>satire or spoof of a sitcom?
>episode has a creature that's like Cousin IT
>Main guy is trying to make it behave
>it spits this brown slime on some woman and she freaks out

This shit has been bothering me for YEARS
>>
>some anime anthology
>one of the stories is a racetrack where the vehicles go so fast, the track is vertical
>One of the characters narrates, describes it as "the circuit" (I think)
>telling the story about one champion racer who became so good, he was telekinetic with his vehicle, and rode to his doom
>"the circuit" shuts down afterward "I guess everyone finally saw what they came to see"
>>
>>66663159
animatrix?
memories?
>>
>>66663198
Wasn't animatrix
>>
>>66663159
neo tokyo

I'm 100% certain
>>
>>66663347
Hey, that's it. thanks Anon. :)
>>
>>66663139
Alf
>>
File: 1456882800617.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456882800617.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>66663533
no thank you
>>
I saw this on tv in like 2000 or 1999

>two girls in a surgery room fighting
>one stabs the other like five times as she's on the floor
>one who got stabbed is pulled onto an operating table

this is all I remember but the chick who stabbed her had blonde hair
>>
>>66663608
For real?
Is that an episode of fucking alf?
>>
was about 4 or 5 years old, do not remember many details, here is the best I can do.

>I saw it between 1988-1991
>Soviet Ukraine
>Sci-fi adventure with an 80's feel
>Dont recall the country of origin, it was dubbed.
>Movie is about a group of space piolots who crash on a primitive planet.
>Lots of washed out white, fog, the space ship is mostly white, looked like a jet.
>Soon after crashing the indigenous people help dude who land get ambushed. One of the guys gets caught and the is beheaded while everyone watches as they retreat. The beheading was display of power.
>There is some cave across a river, some sort of warlocks live there and make swords. They are all grayish/white with long beards
>There is something to do with lightning.
>The planet is mostly desolate, there is a rocky river bank, lots of fog.

They told me it was Na srebrnym globie. I glanced at this movie, and nothing looks familar.
>>
Movie which spooked my childhood.

>invisible ghost people carry (one of) the main protagonist.
>he kinda saw it coming but screamed for his life as they took him away
>>
>>66663880
Ghost
>>
File: Please help spastics.jpg (104 KB, 624x800) Image search: [Google]
Please help spastics.jpg
104 KB, 624x800
We had a thread the other day and we remembered the show but couldn't find any reference to its existence.

It's American or Canadian
A teenage male is the lead.
He uses some sort of CD in his computer to transport to a ship where he is the captain.
The ship travels through time where he meets historical figures.
He then transports back home for the end of the episode, where he is quizzed by the baddie and he uses the knowledge he picked up in that episodes time travel to pass the quiz.

It consumed the entire thread with no answers.
>>
File: 51NK34V62RL.jpg (43 KB, 335x475) Image search: [Google]
51NK34V62RL.jpg
43 KB, 335x475
>>66664120
>>
>>66664163
I'm afraid not.
>>
>>66664120
Was there some sort of animatronic alien character part of his crew?
>>
I remember seeing a portion of this movie on TV when I was like 14.
There were a bunch of people looking into a hospital room through a big glass window where there was a guy being experimented on or something. Someone explained how a bouncing betty works and then one goes off and kills the guy. The people watching laughed.
>>
Something about a gay barber and it's set in California I think
>>
File: Homer - ride.jpg (73 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
Homer - ride.jpg
73 KB, 360x240
It was some sort of sci-fi movie.

A father and daughter own a warship that is broken down.
They hire a smuggler or something to commit a heist that will let them get enough money to fix the ship up.
The smuggler agrees on the condition that when they fix the ship they use it to find his lost sister.
The heist goes well and they have the cash.
They hire a secret race of super engineers to fix up the ship, I think the engineers wore cloaks and when the smuggler tried to talk to one he just stares at him before getting back to work.
The heroes eventually find out that the lost daughter is being help by the same engineers that fixed the ship because she is some sort of child prodigy.
I remember a scene where the engineers are showing them around their base and explaining it is in the best interest of the girl to leave her with them and they then show off this giant creature that they transfered the minds of all of their best engineers into it who then form faces through the flesh of the creature.
The heroes tell the engineers to go and fuck themselves and that they are taking the girl back.
The engineers then turn hostile and due tot heir superior technology kick the shit out of the heroes and force them to flee, leaving the girl behind.
the very end is a voiceover saying they keep hope for the future and for those they left behind.

It seems like it might have been a failed pilot.
>>
>>66664278
I honestly can't remember, but please do share. Anything that will help get an answer to this is appreciated. it is driving me nuts.
>>
>>66664612
that was an episode of Doctor Who
>>
>>66664758
No this was American and something I watched in the 90s when Who was off the air.
>>
OK this one has been bugging me for ages:

>Sci-fi film set in space, but in the past not the future
>Had a character in it dressed all in black, he was the bad guy
>There was an old monk like dude who taught this mystic kung fu to a young apprentice
>They used these brightly coloured energy swords
>Old monk guy gets killed by the bad guy
>There's a giant moon cannon thing that blows up a planet
>bad guy kidnaps a princess
>There are these two funny robots
>In the end they blow up the moon thing but the bad guy gets away

Any help?
>>
>>66664712
I can't remember it either. Just what you described reminded me of a that show and it had animatronic alien character.
>>
>>66664974
Flash Gordon.
>>
Anything on the OP?
>>
>>66664974
It's either Message from Space or The Last Starfighter.
>>
>>66664120
Voyagers!
>>
>>66663755
The beheading part sounds familiar but I can't think of anything.
>>
Sort of related but does anyone know what the piano music in this trailer is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMI6bGS97lk
At 01:30

I tried googling 2the other side of the door trailer piano music" and got nothing.

At first I thought it was the Casablanca song "as time goes by" but it isn't.
>>
>>66665370
chopsticks
>>
>movie about warewolfs
>barn burns down at the end
Freaked me out as a kid
>>
>>66665370
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yu62StlsMY
>>
>>66665242
I'm afraid not. That was one of the things we kept coming up with in the last thread but it isn't that. Thanks for trying though.
>>
>>66665474
>>66665436
Have my babies.
>>
>>66663008
Con air you're welcome
>>
This weird movie that was about some high school with fucked up students with guns and shit and a teacher who was also some kind of robot and all I really remember is some scene where he threw a kid off a roof or something. It was weird and on some low budget local tv station late at night probably about 15 years ago.
>>
>>66665630
>4 characters in total
>Con air
are you even trying
>>
>Period Drama set in a village somewhere in Europe
>All the girls are after this jock trophy hunter, but he's not interested (possibly gay)
>Suddenly starts going after the outcast girl really hard
>She rejects him then disappears
>He gets all miserable and shit
>Finds out she's hooked up with this abusive fucking monster who won't let her leave the house
>He's pretty popular so he gets some backup and goes to check it out
>Outcast girl is all defensive and shit says he doesn't understand
>Guy gets killed by abusive boyfriend
>>
File: e6a.png (114 KB, 903x394) Image search: [Google]
e6a.png
114 KB, 903x394
>>66666573
:|
>>
There was this film I remember catching a glimpse of back when I was younger. The scene was a mob looking guy beating the shit out of another guy in a warehouse. Mob guy takes a cigar cutter and cuts off his finger or something. I think he comes back for revenge or something,
>>
>>66668749
Darkman? The main villain uses a cigar cutter like that.
>>
>>66666573
>>66667404

Bump. Could be keen to watch this from description.

Jealousy is a bitch huh?
>>
>horror movie
>takes place in abandoned mall/hotel?
>guests get dragged into a basement and skinned
>people responsible wear skin to fool others to go down to basement to get skinned.

I thought I found the movie/episode today after years of searching but it wasn't it. 'Tourist Trap' was the one I found. Any help?
>>
>>66663610
what the hell is happening in this webm? Does the guy make it out alright?
>>
Denzel Washington is a cop or FBI agent or something who has to protect the son of a murdered KKK member
Remember seeing it many years ago, could never find what it was
>>
>guy jousts at a renaissance fair or something
>set in modern day
>fairly recent, 2000s I think
>comedy
>not very good
>saw it on FX at a party as a kid
>>
>>66670037
The Cable Guy?
>>
>>66663008
Some guy investigates something. I think he was some kind of agent and looked like Harrison Ford or Alec Baldwin as Jack Ryan and he had a partner. At one point he's in a garage and later there is a short shootout or incident with a gun on a plane. They somehow land shortly after and the partner "feels cold" and notices he's been shot and dies. Later on there's some scene of the main character confronting an old man in his house in the desert about what the plot centers around. The old man is fucked up from radiation for some reason. I think it had something to do with some kind of government/military operation/experiment.

Movie could be from the 70s or 80s. I always thought it starred Harrison Ford or Alec Baldwin, but I can't find anything in their filmographies.

I don't even know if it's good, I just remember seeing it as a child and it bugs me that I can't find out what it was.
>>
>>66669947
A Soldier's Story
>>
>>66670116
nope. It was outdoors. I think I remember it following the "underdog fights popular jerk to win girl" model.
>>
>>66670485
Role Models? I remember there being some type of medieval LARPing in that movie
>>
File: 1446400516796.jpg (12 KB, 170x208) Image search: [Google]
1446400516796.jpg
12 KB, 170x208
>>66664120
I was the OP of that thread.
I find it astonishing that there is literally zero trace of this show on the internet.
/tv/ really is our only hope here.
>>
>>66664120
>>66670663
Could it be pic related? Probably not as that would be too easy.
>>
I remember it being a shit tier movie but

>Some movie about the rise of satan (like The Omen or something)
>Rises up to be a great world leader
>Goes around spouting 1 language 1 currency 1 world leader bullshit
>Goes around doing generally evil stuff
>In the end there is a massive world war between forces of good (I think America) and evil

Anyone?
>>
>>66663008
malefique you fucking pleb
>>
>>66664527
If its a police squad room and the betty is full of paint its Blown Away.
>>
>>66670188
Val Kilmer?
>>
>>66670836
Omega Code 2: Meggido
>>
>genius con man is offered a way out of his debt to some gangsters by participating in a game
>spends most of the movie being hunted down
>twist at the end is he died but wasn't really dead
>>
>>66671103
At fucking last. Thanks. Stay autistic.
>>
>>66670037
Could be A Knight's Tale. Still set in ye olden times but has modern music.
>>
>>66670485
A knights tale. Heath ledger film?
>>
>>66665749
rock and roll high school forever maybe?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyQZDW6eVrU
>>
>>66672045
or class of '99 or nuke 'em high, but thats just a guess. been years since i saw them
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.