[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Battlestar galactica/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: the man who sold the world.jpg (19 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
the man who sold the world.jpg
19 KB, 620x348
Holy fuck I don't know why I didn't drop this after season 2. That fucking ending.
>it was GOD
>GOD GOD GOD
>hey fuck you son i'm out
>*vanish* bye lee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evodPpqb9H4
I don't think I enjoyed a single s4 episode but I kept watching waiting for a payoff
>>
This show ended seven years ago. Get over it.
>>
>>66651866
sorry should we talk about the latest episode of arrow or the flash?
>>
>>66652153

No, those shows are shit.
>>
The pilot was fantastic, everything else not so much. It's still a decent sci-fi show and there aren't many decent sci-fi shows out there.
>>
>>66651777
>I don't think I enjoyed a single s4 episode

Not even the mutiny episodes?
>>
>>66651777

That moment still gives me goosebumps

Adama best Scifi commander
>>
>>66651777
The ending was alright. The disappearance was really the only shitty part
What finale was it where they did a multiple year timeskip? That one rustled me more than anything I've ever seen
>>
>>66652756

That black chick looked fukken good.
>>
>>66651777
Exactly.
Trips of truth.
Also what happened to Dualla, she was one of the most fun characters.
>>
>>66651777

>I kept watching waiting for a payoff

I'm glad you suffered then, that's such a shitty justification to continue watching a show that's putting you off

But hey go ahead and continue wasting more time complaining, with those sweet trips you've earned the right
>>
>>66652645
Yeah actually that was the peak point of s4 I think.
I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the show at all but It just felt like a huge investment for something that didn't really pay of that well, what I would do is:
>remove muh god shenanigans
>kill rosslin before s2
>>
All opinions aside, season four was worth it solely for the moment when chief realizes who killed Cally and strangles that bitch on the spot.
>>
>it's a 'let's multiple invalidate characters' arcs up until this point' season
>>
>>66652812
Star Trek: TNG
Ronald D Moore is responsible for that too
>>
>>66652812

Season 2's finale. Godsdamn, they land on New Caprica, skip through the settlement to when the cylons find them. That was jarring at the time but I figured for whatever reason they couldn't afford to waste time on it but then in the next season they give us a shitload of flashbacks to the settlement

>>66652882

Yeah.. and Cally was fucking unlikeable but the way they got rid of her was distressing. All I could think of was how they went out of their way to save her specifically in New Caprica

I liked the last season episodes that were about the depression of the crew and didn't fixate on the endgame. I never cared about Hera but Boomer was interesting there, fucked up how she banged Helo in front of Athena and made Tyrol unknowingly help her kidnap the kid
>>
>>66651777
>atheists cry over religious overtures in a show about mormonism

get over yourself
>>
>>66652812
alright guys let's split off and go die from starvation/raped by tribes/eaten by some wild animal. Good luck if you sprain your ankle or something because you are fucked! Also look at me casually flying around in my raptor at low altitude xd
>>
>>66653131
It's not religious overtures retard, I think lost had a decent ending and it was everyone basically going to heaven, it's just a bad ending and so predictable.
>>
>>66653146

Shut the fuck up
>>
>>66653130
>Helo
I think he deserves a JUST edit.
>>
>>66652645
I would have enjoyed it more if the mutinees ever succeeded.

Any good points a rebel on the ship bring up during the series are brushed aside and the rebels get thrown out the airlock.
>>
>>66653130
I enjoyed New Caprica, including the time skip.

After New Caprica was when the series became irredeemable.
>>
>>66653380

That episode immediately after New Caprica where they have that makeshift tribunal in Galactica executing traitors is harrowing shit too, the quality only dives after that
>>
File: Maccaroni's face when.gif (2 MB, 297x229) Image search: [Google]
Maccaroni's face when.gif
2 MB, 297x229
I never seen this show despite it being shilled and hyped here for what seemed to be an eternity.
Just recently got to it.
I am at season 2 ep 14 and must say there is not a single character I actually root for or care about enough for him/her not to kick the bucket. Not a single charismatic or likeable character. I mean HOW THE FUCK do you pull that off as a writer about a show that deals with the last survivors of the human race. Might as well let the Cylons kill them all and be done with the faggotry forever.
They are all insufferable human shits - special points go to Dr. Baltar and Ms. Menopause President.
And now people are saying ITT that it only gets worse. Fuck.
>>
>>66654635
>Doesn't want Baltar to live
>>
>>66651777
One of my favorite finales and exactly what I wanted out of the series finale.
>>
>>66655016
The finale was horrible and predictable desu senpai.

Making Earth exist in the past instead of the present or the future was a terrible and derivative idea.

The convoy should have arrived at a present day or near-future earth and spent the last season and a half focused on that, with a climatic final battle involving the Cylons trying to nuke the Earth to extinction.
>>
>>66655011
he is a narcissistic psycho sociopath snake rat and you must be one yourself to sympathise with him.
>>
File: Hyades.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Hyades.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>Complaining about the whole God angle of the finale
>implying religious wasn't one of the most important parts of the entire series.

I know it got ridiculous, but come on, it was there from the very beginning

>>66652812

The finale (up to the final 10-15 mins) was spectacular.

>dat build-up
>dat final battle
>dat music
>>
>>66652449
"33" was the best episode of the series to be honest family
>>
File: 1384640221692.jpg (1 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1384640221692.jpg
1 MB, 1680x1050
How come none of you ever mention Cavil as one of the few good things in the show after it starts falling apart post-New Caprica? He was hilarious with his enduring bitterness and had some genuinely strong lines

>I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! And I want to - I want to smell dark matter! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to - I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language! But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws! And feel the wind of a supernova flowing over me! I'm a machine! And I can know much more! I can experience so much more. But I'm trapped in this absurd body! And why? Because my five creators thought that God wanted it that way!
>>
>>66656171
Patrician taste, that's my favorite scene in the series.
>>
>>66651777

Dropped it after 5 seconds of shaky cam.
>>
File: cumming everyday.jpg (10 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
cumming everyday.jpg
10 KB, 259x195
>music

shame bear mccreary hasn't produced anything even close to this level of GOATness since
>>
>>66654635
>Not rooting for based Adama
>>
>>66656687
He was a proto-meme before memes were even a thing.
>>
>>66653131
No. People were mad that the writers of the show used God as an easy answer for all the plot threads caused by the show's lazy writing in the last two seasons. It felt like something pulled out of their ass because they couldn't think of a decent way to end the show after writing themselves into a corner.

Which is basically what happened, as confirmed by some of the behind the scenes stuff, by the way.
>>
>>66656845
Hillary?
>>
>>66656902
Season 3 and 4 were written during the screenwriters' strike.
Absolutely everything written during that time sucked shitdick.
>>
>>66651777
>I don't know why I didn't drop this after season 2.

i'm pretty sure i remember you asking and i told you this

nobody to blame but yourself
>>
It was a fun show, fuck off
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.