[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the 58th best TV show of all time, according to IMDB,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4
File: attack-on-titan-e1438387346853.jpg (103 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
attack-on-titan-e1438387346853.jpg
103 KB, 1000x563
This is the 58th best TV show of all time, according to IMDB, the world's largest film and TV ratings website. How does that make you feel?
>>
File: yikes.jpg (537 KB, 667x4339) Image search: [Google]
yikes.jpg
537 KB, 667x4339
considering this is the top 60
it doesn't matter like everything else on that site
>>
>>66646533
IMDB is the most accurate measure that exists of the general public's taste in film and TV. Saying it doesn't matter seems foolish.
>>
>>66646421

>how does that make you feel?

About the same as I feel about Fury Road winning 6 Oscars; it's so ludicrous it's not even worth taking seriously.
>>
>>66646421
Not much. Like it's an okay show. It absolutely doesn't deserve the praise it gets and there's way better anime out there, but I've seen worse things get praised.
>>
it was pretty enjoyable until they decided to fuck up the final episode of season 1
>>
>>66647372
This
Stop being fucking autistic, OP.
>>
>>66646652

why did Amazon, the worlds largest seller of movies and TV Shows, buy IMDB?

have a think about it and get back to me.

IMDB is rigged to promote DVD sales you pleb.
>>
>>66647411
>>66647372
>7 episodes of carrying a rock with 90% of the runtime taken up by flashbacks
>"okay"
>"pretty enjoyable"
stop
>>
>>66646652
it's not though, because only autists use that site.
>>
>>66647319
You think its absurd Fury Road won best editing, effects, costume and production design, and sound?
>>
it was pretty good, really falls apart near the end though
>>
>>66647474
2 episodes, and ya they dragged that shit out for some reason compared to the manga
>>
>>66646652
Aren't most people who use IMDB pretty young though? Not to mention that mostly young people even watch anime to begin with. Force a bunch of older people to watch and rate it and I bet the score would drop a lot.
>>
>>66646421

I've watched some of it. It's garbage. Crap art style, poorly paced- way too many flashbacks- and an absolute dogshit, uninteresting, unlikable main character.
>>
>>66647493
production design is really the only one it deserved
>>
>>66646652
BREAKING NEWS: the general public are plebs
>>
>>66647551

>production design
>entire movie takes place in the middle of an empty dessert
>>
>>66646421
It was a pretty decent series until it got over-saturated with filler and spinoffs.
>>
>>66647620
that's not even true, and i didn't like the film
>>
>>66647522
Attack On Titan has far more ratings on IMDB from people aged 30-44 than it does from people under 18, actually about six times as many.
>>
>check the list
>it's full of chinese cartoons that normal people like

Why are you surprised AoT is there? It just shows that people who have IMDB accounts like chinese cartoons
>>
first ep was great but then it became too anime
>>
there should be a separate site for anime
>>
>>66646421
>>>/a/
>>
>>66647731
and they should name it myanimelist
>>
>>66646533
I'll never understand the appeal for whiplash

Literally babbys first serious flick
>>
you can count the number of decent TV shows in history on one hand so being the 58th best is embarrassing
>>
>>66647764
anime should be forced there then
>>
>>66647551
Not editing? The movie is hectic as fuck but the action never feels confusing or excessively cut

What should have won those categories instead?
>>
>>66646421
I feel nothing. Pretty ok anime. Not a masterpiece but what the fuck would you expect from commercial products?
>>
>>66647815
the revenant.
>>
>>66646533
>The Intouchables
This is actually a decent movie? I've seen it on netflix and it looks like terrible
>>
>>66647852
>Pretty ok anime
No, it isn't. Even among anime it is pretty much at the bottom of the pile.
>>
>>66646421

It's not great or spectacular, could've been a lot better had it not obtained the dregs from the Naruto fanbase when that was over and done with. Just ignore the fans and it isn't a bad series.
>>
>>66647679
Yeah, but the by far largest group of voters are 18-29, which I consider pretty young. And the older groups do give it a slightly lower score.
>>
>>66646421
weeb shit, i don't care about chinese cartoons
>>
>>66647800
This t-b-h
I don't think I could name 50 shows really worth watching.
>>
>>66647902
>it isn't a bad series
It blows my mind that people are this willing to eat shit.
>>
>>66648211
in what way ?
I just watched first season and it blew my mind. I know I am surely an anime pleb but I don't care. It was very absorbing, characters except Armin are well thought and the animation renders smoothly
so please explain me why it's shit without saying there were too many dialogues for not so much action
>>
>>66648414
>responding to anyone who uses shit analogies
>>
>>66647894
You clearly don't watch enough anime. The simple fact that it got dubbed means it's not among the worst thing the japanese comic/animation industry produced. Trust me pal, in Japan they publish hundreds of products a year, and only a little part crosses the border of the country. And this little part goes from masterpieces to mediocre stuff. The really bad stuff simply stays there.
>>
I've never seen the show, nor have I ever seen the movie.
I would watch it if Hollywood threw some cash at a professional studio rendition of it though.
>>
>>66648546
this, there's far worse shit out there.
>>
YELLING AND CRYING: THE ANIME
>>
>>66648211
>I literally believe whatever /a/ tells me to believe
It's an absolutely competent, probably above average show.
>>
>>66648414
For most of the series, around half the duration of each episode is taken up by flashbacks to previous episodes. This starts only a few episodes into the series. If you are willing to watch that, you have no standards at all, and probably no intelligence either. It's insulting to the audience.
>>
>>66648634
That's Eva tho.
>>
Was a good idea, but had terrible pacing that killed any momentum the show had.
>>
What's the worst thing about SnK? The fans praising it as the best thing ever or the people complaining about it?
>>
>>66648972
complaining
>>
>>66648414
Arminwas fine. He's the pussy weakling of the group who found his talent being the one who comes up with the plans. He even figured out who the female Titan was before anyone else.

I'm not a huge anime watcher, mostly because I cringe so hard whenever I see fanservice or stereotypical perverted characters. AoT started off pretty boss with its serious tone and feeling of complete helplessness. It's started getting 'too anime' for my tastes once they introduced Titan shifters and hinted at bloodlines giving certain people more abilities or potential than others. It's a shame the Manga started sacking ass, otherwise it could have been a decent series.

One thing I will say, AoT has one of the best OST'S I've ever heard in an anime.
>>
>>66648972
complaining, just like with every other anime
>>
this is the best top you can find
http://www.filmaffinity.com/en/topgen.php
>>
>>66649272

Agree on the OST. The only one I listen to more is Vision of Escaflowne OST....but that's literally unfair to everyone else short of Howard Shore n crew.

AoT had a great premise and the first few episodes were engaging....then it moved into emotional tropes and filler before a lackluster finale. It wasn't Ergo Proxy-tier in terms of let down but there should have been half the episodes in season 1.

I'm watching Patlabor and finishing Legend of the Galactic Heroes atm. Both are exponentially superior.
>>
>>66648972
The show is shit, so why shouldn't people "complain" about it?
>>
Would an abridged version of this series solve the issues that plague SnK? Like the movie-length fan edit made for BrBa?
>>
>>66650803
>the movie-length fan edit made for BrBa
that sounds absolutely retarded and terrible
>>
>>66647859
Bait status : not working
>>
>>66649272
>pretty boss
Uhuhuh, I saw you were making a pretty decent and well thought out argument there.
But then I spotted you using such reddit language. Guess I can disregard your opinion now.

if you like the ost, look up Sawanos other stuff. Particularly the ost he did for Gundam Unicorn
>>
>>66650853
not everyone has 48 hours to bingewatch a TV show
>>
File: 1438548226485.jpg (8 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
1438548226485.jpg
8 KB, 180x180
>>66650964
>wagecucks
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.