[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't give a shit about what Jewsney says, Star Wars 7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: 81b[1].png (502 KB, 624x600) Image search: [Google]
81b[1].png
502 KB, 624x600
I don't need to explain, it just sucks as a sequel, is sucks as a remake and it sucks as a movie on its own, it doesn't deserve to be considered canon
>>
shh
>>
>>66631478
It's too bad for you and your headcanon that Disney's word is literally the only thing that dictates canon anymore. :^)
>>
>>66631478
Who cares about canon? Just don't watch 7. I don't plan on ever seeing it again.
>>
these guys said it best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyQRp_1PjbU
>>
>>66631478
Shhh i know denial is one of the step toward acceptance
Star wars is over that it that hard i know but we can't do anything about it
Juste remember how glorious it was
>>
Well, seeing as how people keep denying prequels to be canon, i don't see why it's any more unreasonable for someone to consider Sequels uncanon

That being said, i thought it was a great movie, and figure anyone that disliked it either got too hype, or don't care much for Star Wars in general
>>
>>66633529

>(feat. Max Landis) (embed)

Nuh uh, nigga
>>
>>66633589
>>(feat. Max Landis) (embed)
never heard of this guy but he makes excellent points of the movie.

I thought they would all praise it considering it is screen junkies but no they didnt
>>
>>66631478

This. Bad casting and lousy scriptwriting destroyed what should have been movie of the year.

Someone should tell Daisy Ridley that pulling funny faces is not acting.

How Episode 7 was supposed to set the foundation of the trilogy, like Episodes I and IV. It was more like a fan movie. How are they going to top a planet sized super-weapon in the next two movies?
>>
>>66631678
If you believe the FUCKING CREATOR SELLING HIS WHOLE UNIVERSE isn't the end of official canon, you're retarded.
>>
File: jack-black-stop.jpg (10 KB, 293x282) Image search: [Google]
jack-black-stop.jpg
10 KB, 293x282
>>66631478
Yeah man Star Wars has never been directed by a Jew before
>>
File: image.jpg (177 KB, 600x872) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177 KB, 600x872
>Help Rey get to the CASH GRAB: Tap A while holding Z
>>
>>66631478

You sound like a big fucking loser.
>>
>>66633529
Based Landis-senpai fampai
>>
I never will watch it.

It is a literal jewish abortion and its only going to get worse as it festers over time.

#notmystarwars
>>
>>66631478
>>66633586
>>66634373
>>66634545

Disney is going to de-canonize sperg-lord Lucas's prequels and remake them to be more like star wars movies will the look and feel of episodes 4-7.

autismos on suicide watch.
>>
>>66634669
hahaha, no way you actually believe that, i hope to god that youre baiting and im not laughing at an actual retard
>>
File: image.jpg (262 KB, 1440x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
262 KB, 1440x612
who here /prequels/

>image.jpg
eat my shit
>>
Why did George sell Star Wars?
>>
File: image.jpg (267 KB, 1438x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
267 KB, 1438x612
>>66634794
Because, and I'm not making this up, he is so impossibly angry at ghe "fans" who say hurtful and retarded garbage like "George raped my childhood" when talking about the prequels.
>>
>>66634836
cont.
That he sold it to the worst company he could think of to run the brand into the ground.
Just look at his TFA comment about how he thinks the "fans" will love it.
>>
>>66631478
Only Episodes IV-VII are canon.
>>
>>66634873
Source?
>>
>>66631478
That's because it's non-canon, anymore than the Marvel movies are canon. Or, more specifically, it exists in its own canon.

You have the Star Wars cinematic universe and the Legends universe, which is all the rest like the novels, video games, etc.
>>
>>66631478
When is "canon" ever relevant?
>>
>>66631478
>downvoted
>>66634373
>hesitant downvote
>>66634471
>updoot for comedy
>>66634492
>upvoted
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 220x299) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 220x299
>tfw you will never see Grand Admiral Thrawn fuck shit up
>tfw you realise Star Wars will be stuck in a merchandise-loaded, shitty nostalgia trip until Disney milks the franchise dry and chucks it's dead body in the trash like the subpar shit it has become.

Kill me now t b h
>>
File: 646.jpg (15 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
646.jpg
15 KB, 350x350
>>66631478
>>66631678
>>66633577
>>66633586
>>66634492
>>66634873
>>66634930
Most of you guys are fucking retarded.

OP is right, it's just blatant Jewing. They'll claim whatever sells is canon, whatever they can make money with.

You are a fucking idiot if you accept this, though. Canon is what the fucking creator of the IP creates. Respect people's original creation, its his fiction. It's Lucas' fiction.

I-VI are canon, everything else is bullshit unless Lucas personally says it ain't so.

7 is nothing but what GT is for Dragon Ball.
>>
it's canon toilet paper maybe. such a shit movie.

it makes no sense the potato adores vader, luke definitely told him he was actually a good guy and even beacme a force ghost. they fucking burnt his corpse because he was a good guy, everyone knew it at this point.

he has absolutely no motivations and reasons to join the dark side so far and it's doubtful this will change. meanwhile anakin had great reasons to join the dark side.

it makes no sense rey is suddenly this good. 30 minutes earlier ren easily wrecked her. then he can't beat her anymore and she goes from not knowing what the force is to as strong as Luke in VI.

it's makes no sense how deformed vader's helmet is. wood fire doesn't do this.

it's retarded ren freezes plasma shots. they are supposed to be deflected with the sword, this was lucas' vision. if jedi can easily freeze them, there is no reason for not just using regular bullets which are faster and more leathal anyway. now the only reason would be "but plasma looks cooler" which of course is a terrible reason from a world building perspective.

killing off the only charismatic actor.
>>
>>66634703
Autism has been triggered.
>>
>>66634864
>fans don't like my flawed prequel trilogy
>fuck those guys
>i know. I'll sell the whole thing to Disney who will make an endless stream of formulaic products carefully designed to keep fans just happy enough to not abandon the franchise entirely.
>yeah, that'll show'em
>fuck the fans!

Nah, his interview comments seem more resigned, less spiteful. If he hated fans, he could have shut everything down and taken Star Wars to his grave. He could have made more Star Wars and made it intentionally crappy. If he wanted the money, he could have made another movie himself. If he's bored of Star Wars but wanted the money, he could have kept all the IP and just hired another director for Ep VII, hell, he could have hired JJ.
4 Billion is chump change compared to what the Star Wars IP is going to bring in over the next 10 years. So back to the original question:

Why did George sell Star Wars?
>>
>>66635503
>Why did George sell Star Wars?
see
>>66634836
>>66634864
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.