[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did I miss this probably one of the best movies I have seen.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 200x252) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 200x252
How did I miss this probably one of the best movies I have seen. Thoughts on the count of monte christo? The prision part was amazing. Rip priest.
>>
>>66623786
like you said it's a hidden gem

it's a classic tale that keeps the spirit of the stories men from hundreds of years ago would find romantic and exciting

good action, acting, and the pacing is great

idk I'm glad someone else loves it, too
>>
>>66623872
What i loved was the revenge. Its the best revenge movie ever. The suffering he went through on the prision for 13 years was insane.
>>
>>66623786
Fucking excellent film. How did you like that forearm parry there near the end? I felt that.
>>
>>66623786
Kino movie 2bh.
If you havent already I would definitely read the book.

Much longer but still a fun read.
>>
Quality film, I recently rewatched it and was surprised to see young Superman in there.
>>
File: Perfume_poster.jpg (39 KB, 329x486) Image search: [Google]
Perfume_poster.jpg
39 KB, 329x486
Good shit.
>Who are you? Why are you doing this?
>We are bad men, and for the money.

If you're still in the mood for movies in this sort of setting, watch Perfume.
Its fucked up, and pretty great.
>>
>>66623786
My favorite one is from the early 30s, the 80s and the french series, this one i didn't get to into it
>The french series is one of the best ones,
>>
>>66623786
Perfect 10. Perfect pace. Perfect cast. Infinitely re-watchable. It's just perfect.
>>
>>66625322
bump for quality lesser known films
>>
File: tumblr_nx7ozmtAOk1uxa5o7o4_250.gif (174 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx7ozmtAOk1uxa5o7o4_250.gif
174 KB, 160x160
>>66623786
>An adventure story written by the same author as The Three Musketeers
>acclaimed as a classic for over a century
>over 30 iterations in TV, film, and stage
>>
Awesome movie
>>
i realize it's a word everyone hates, but this movie is the definition of 'comfy'
>>
>>66627272
probably the first time i see this word used appropriately on here
>>
>>66627272
>>66627353
ditto
>>
>>66624659
understatement. the book is probably one of the best ever written.
>>
>>66623786

it wasn't that good
read the book
>>
Major difference between this and the book?

/lit/fag here
>>
Any other movies like this, Barry Lyndon and Master and Commander?

Roughly same time period and production values?
>>
>>66628734
much more streamlined, less characters, edmond's characterization was clearly divergent but he was still the bitter hero

it's just a fun romp. the acting is very on point and the dynamic of edmond, fernand and mercedes is great. priest is also more based than in the book
>>
, >Love the movie when it came out as a kid.
>read the book
>now hate the movie
>>
>>66628804
Did the book have a happy ending? It seemed out of place
>>
>>66623786
Haven't seen this adaptation, but I've read the book. Is it good if you forget it's based on a book, or is it also at least a decent adaptation?
>>
>>66624919
>French series
My commie French teacher in high school had us watch the series when he went on a teaching strike since the school board fired the black lady that made all the copies for the teachers. Pretty good series.
>>
>>66628734
They changed the dude's wife somehow. I think they made her more STRONK to fit in with modern feminism, and they reduced her number of appearances.

>>66628776
Les Mis, the 1998 version with Liam Niesen that doesn't have any fucking singing in it.
>>
>>66628857
the book had a very awkward happy ending... the ending to the movie was happy but much dominated by a somber tone that was more effectively conveyed through film I think
>>
>>66628877
its not a horrible adaptation, I love anything with Guy Pearce though. book is obviously superior
>>
>>66623786
goddamn that feel when he escapes and is screaming happily and running on the beach. can't imagine what it would feel like after all he went through.
>>
File: 1353962876676.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1353962876676.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>66628877
>Is it good if you forget it's based on a book
Movie has Luis Guzman as a comic relief and it works somehow. Watch it.
>>
A worthy modern update to the classic story. It trims alot of fat but it succeeds in telling the story. It suceeds in every way that the Zorro movie did not.(not that it wasn't entertaining)
>>
File: jacopo.jpg (64 KB, 485x606) Image search: [Google]
jacopo.jpg
64 KB, 485x606
>>66629037
>tfw you'll never have a based jacopo as your faitful man servant
>>
>>66629104
>A worthy modern update to the classic story.
It's well shot but making Albert into Edmond's son was fucking retarded and makes the ending unwatchable, even if you enjoy the reveal of Caviezel realizing he's a cuck.

>It trims alot of fat but it succeeds in telling the story.
It misses most of the book's themes entirely.

Anyways OP, I also suggest you look up the French TV series. It's a much better retelling of the story than Hollywood could ever dream.
Read the unabridged book too, if that isn't already obvious.
>>
Don't die on me dammit
>>
>>66628976
I mean... the whole thing was about a man hollowing his innocence and spirit on revenge and culminating in murder. Most unchristianlike.
>>
Good movie, I tend to rewatch it once a year or so.
>>
File: perfect casting.jpg (92 KB, 589x737) Image search: [Google]
perfect casting.jpg
92 KB, 589x737
>>66623786
One of the worst adapatation I've ever seen. It's a simple, formulaic movie to boot so even on it's own merits it's shit.
>>
watch this shit nigga
>>
File: aztecwarrior.jpg (60 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
aztecwarrior.jpg
60 KB, 500x338
>>66629037
>>66629131
>>
Guy Pearce plays an amazing smug asshole.
>>
>>66623786
Thank you abc family for letting me see this.
>>
>>66630440
Yup. He did that well in Kings speech too
>>
>>66630267
This shit is shit nigga. Started good but ended up as just another anime shit.
>>
>>66628734
>/lit/fag
>hasn't read count of monte christo
>>
>>66623786
Book is my favorite I love the movie too. Jesus did a great job.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.