[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Six ring-shaped goals are situated on poles of varying height,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: Harry-Potter-Quidditch.jpg (471 KB, 3196x1604) Image search: [Google]
Harry-Potter-Quidditch.jpg
471 KB, 3196x1604
>Six ring-shaped goals are situated on poles of varying height, three on the opposite sides of the pitch. Two teams of six players on flying broomsticks attempt to place a ball called a quaffle in one of the opponent's goal while defending their own. Two animated balls called bludgers attempt to knock the players off their broomstics. Each goal grants a team 10 points. Sounds simple and reasonable enough?

LOL BUT WAIT THERE'S ALSO ANOTHER LITTLE BALL CALLED THE SNITCH AND THERE ARE TWO SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE PLAYERS WHOSE ENTIRE JOB IS TO CATCH THE SNITCH AND IF THEY SUCCEED THEY GET 150 POINTS AND AUTOMATICALLY WIN THE GAME ALSO THE GAME DOESNT END BEFORE THE SNITCH IS CAUGHT EFFECTIVELY RENDERING THE WHOLE GOAL SCORING TEAM GAME COMPLETLY AND UTTERLY POINTLESS LMAO
>>
>>66611970
If the other team has an advantage above 150 points, the team that gets the snitch looses anyway. That happened in the fourth book, when Hungary lost to Ireland even though they got the snitch.
>>
>>66612393
rekt
>>
>>66612393

That's official worldwide games I thought, for little school tourneys the snitch is an instawin, the official games last longer too don't they?
>>
File: 1456369452045.jpg (1 MB, 1744x2976) Image search: [Google]
1456369452045.jpg
1 MB, 1744x2976
What the heck did you expect, retard? This series is easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the seriesüf only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but itüfs certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books are g-g-good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King
>>
>>66611970
Just turn your brain off
>>
>>66612445
It isn't. Gryffindor loses a match in the fifth book in which they catch the snitch.

Also, the school tournament is won by the team that scores the most points in its three matches, so goals sort of matter.
>>
>>66612445
That's not true either. In one of the books (forgot which) Harry deliberately ignores the snitch so that they his team close the point gap.
>>
>>66612393
How often in any sport do you lose by 16+ points unless your team is made up of cripples?
>>
>>66612445
It's instant win because they usually don't have that advantage and the game finishes after the snitch is catch. And, if I remember correctly, it doesn't go forever if no one catches it.
>>
>>66612504
>>66612525
>>66612550

Alright, it's been awhile.
>>
>>66612535
It's Harry Potter, what did you expect?
>>
>accio snitch

There I'm the best quidditch player in hogwarts history what do I win
>>
>OK, it is time to award the house cup to the house with the most points. According to this chart Slytherin wins because they behaved and studied hard. BUT WAIT! I AWARD 'ARRY POTTA 100 POINTS FOR SOME RANDOM BULLSHIT, HER MY ON KNEE GRANGER ANOTHER 100 POINTS FOR SOME OTHER FUCKING BULLSHIT AND RON WEASEL LIKE 50 POINTS FOR FREINDSHIP OR SOMETHING. GRYFFINDOR WINS LOL
>>
>>66612393
Which means Hungary must be fuck retarded because there was no logical reason for them to catch it in that case, as catching it means they automatically lose.

Women can't invent sports for shit.
>>
File: 1382195784716.png (430 KB, 675x475) Image search: [Google]
1382195784716.png
430 KB, 675x475
>it's an /sp/edditor Facebook humor thread

Zzzzzzzzz
No wonder they had to crack down on your garbage board
>>
>>66612653
Time was running out. Krum catched it so the humiliation wasn't that big.
>>
JKR is supposed to be an avid fan of football, how did she come up with a game this retarded is beyond me. She must've made the seeker position up solely to make Harry the hero of the game.
>>
>>66612615
Why didn't frodo simply accio the ring into the fires of mordor?
>>
>>66612653
Krum just wanted to go home and fap to fourteen year olds
>>
>>66612721
how does time run out if the game doesn't end until its caught?
>>
>>66612445
Official games last longer because somehow Harry is the best snitch catcher in the entire world
>>
>>66611970
>people discussing fucking HARRY POTTER like its relevant
wew lads
>>
>>66612914

you're free to go do some Raimiposting y'know
>>
>>66612618
>lol these 12 year olds went against the rules to defeat sauron, the evilest man alive back in a turban
>>
>>66612789
Just read about it, time doesn't run out. Krum just took it because, for him, Ireland already had won.
>>
>>66612851
No, Harry is just a broom babby
>>
>>66612618
hello draco
>>
>people unironically play quiddich in real life with pvc "brooms"
>grown adults in college travel across the states to do this competitively
>they are allowed to vote

No wonder hillary is going to win.
>>
>>66612618
And then after this travesty of an awards ceremony, the entire system was done away with. Thanks for irrevocably ruining Hogwarts forever, Dumbledore.
>>
>>66612978
Because trained professionals are given shitty brooms right
>>
>>66612914
/lit/ makes me insecure for being a manchild
>>
>>66612966
>read
>/tv/
hey retard
>>
>>66612484
Best version of that pic so far.
>Kanye West above Shakespeare
>>
>>66611970
Quidditch is kind of dumb but they do make it clear in the books and movies that catching the snitch isn't necessarily and insta-win.

It's also not really something you're meant to think too much about.
>>
>>66612618
rigged af
>>
>>66612618
I've played Witch Trainer, points are just a way for professors to farm sexual favors. At least Harry saved the day from BBEG.
>>
>>66612990
You know he would love this place.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.