[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't /tv/ like Breaking Bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: le bald blue man.jpg (46 KB, 615x400) Image search: [Google]
le bald blue man.jpg
46 KB, 615x400
Why doesn't /tv/ like Breaking Bad?
>>
stop making retarded threads
>>
>>66601262
Leddit.
>>
>>66601262
The last episode

Every shred of faith I had in Vince Gilligan flew out the window when that piece of shit aired
>>
>>66601262

I think it's generally liked, but its dumb fans (redditors) who think it's the GOAT are resented here.

It's not as good as The Sopranos, Mad Men, The Wire etc.
>>
>>66601262
Because everyone here is a contrarian.
>>
>>66601315

Whats wrong with the last episode?

Genuinely curious.
>>
>>66601315
This. He betrayed the central premise of the show. A fucking chemistry genius solved his problem using McGyver physics.
>>
>>66601381

But he used epic science and mechanical engineering to defeat le nazi villains
>>
>>66601381
>A fucking chemistry genius solved his problem using McGyver physics.

You mean like when he blew up Tuco's office?
>>
The show was good but was in decline after Crawl Space and Gus' death.

They had to write a way for all the main characters to eat shit and have stuff bite them in the ass, so they wrote in Neo Nazis and had everyone make the stupidest and most illogical choices ever to screw themselves over.

So we got a finale where we don't give a shit about the villains because they haven't demonstrated any real talent other than being bad guys with guns.
>>
>>66601262
The fanbase. It's a fun pulp show but people elevate it to high art for no reason and it's obnoxious. Also season 5 dropped every single plot thread they spent 4 seasons building up just to replace it with generic villains and forced drama.
>>
>>66601262
Season 5.
>>
>>66601262
>annoying fans who overrate it massively
>gradual shift towards absurd set pieces
>terrible finale

It would be fine if it was just another pulpy but entertaining show. It's when people act like it's the best thing ever that it really rustles my jimmies
>>
>>66601262
/tv/, and 4chan in general, doesn't really have opinions. We just spout reactionary posts based on what's popular. Mark my words, there exists a parallel world similar to our own in which the general public hated Breaking Bad. In that world, Breaking Bad is /tv/'s "indie darling" that they bring up at every given opportunity
>>
>>66602467
If the general public hated breaking bad it wouldn't have lasted 5 season and would have been a better show for it, so yeah
>>
>>66601326
kill yourself faggot people can have other opinions
>>
>>66601262
>season 5
>overrated by its awful fanbase
That's pretty much it. It's still an amazing show.
>>
>>66602467
No lol
/tv/ liked first 2 seasons,and it had threads 7/24 until series' end.Its just that there isnt much to talk about and people who want to talk about it just come here after binge watching it over the weekend
>>
>>66602577

Go back to sucking off the hivemind, fuccboi.
>>
>>66601360

It wasn't mind-blowing enough!!
>>
>>66601262
It's too broadly popular and is too recent.

If /tv/ would've been around for the Sopranos hype, /tv/ would've called it 'le reddit' too. I'm sure in five years people here will gush about it.
>>
>>66602590
Breaking Bad didn't get popular until much later in its run than season 2, though. If anything, you're just proving his point.
>>
File: Vera_Farmiga.jpg (942 KB, 2552x2588) Image search: [Google]
Vera_Farmiga.jpg
942 KB, 2552x2588
>>66601262

>all these replies who cite 'shitty fanbase' unironically as a valid reason

/tv/'s livethreads are always good fun but this off-air contrarianism bores me. BrBa is a stellar fucking show, period
>>
File: 1453854133797.jpg (145 KB, 1920x1050) Image search: [Google]
1453854133797.jpg
145 KB, 1920x1050
>the big bad of the final season is lolbikies
>not Gus
>not Hank
>not Jesse
>not Skylar
>not Mike
>not even fucking Walt himself
>no name Nazis were the new hot badness

It essentially killed Jesse's S4 arc. It dumbed down characters for plot. Filler after filler. Mary Sue fucking ending.

Season 5 ruined an otherwise good show.
>>
>>66601262
>not image.jpeg
>its a shit thread
Ban pc users
>>
>>66602615
Well The Sopranos is my favourite
>>
/tv/ likes to swim against the current. much like a pubescent teenager.
>>
>>66602861
Anyone who's favourite show is not breaking bad is swimming against the current?
>>
>>66602690

>BrBa is a stellar fucking show

Yes, when compared to all other TV, but the chinks in the armor are clearer when compared to the other greats.

It assumes the viewer is dumb and leaves nothing to the imagination and explains everything to you. Not an ounce of subtlety.

Cardboard cutout characters outside of Walt and Jesse (Mike and Saul getting fleshed out in another show doesn't count)

Shitty obvious symbolism and way-too-much-of-a-coincidence story points. (The entire plane crash storyline was pure garbage)

I love the cinematography and overall style of the show, and it was masterfully acted/casted for the most part, but I don't think it's as good as its peers of this generation. I think The Sopranos, Mad Men, The Wire and Deadwood are all better shows. I put BrBa on par with Boardwalk Empire and Six Feet Under, which is still very good. I'm enjoying Better Call Saul so far, as well. Just wish they would cut it out with the callbacks. Vince Gilligan unfortunately loves to pander to the type of fans that have "I am the Danger" t-shirts.
>>
File: 973987.jpg (132 KB, 1024x736) Image search: [Google]
973987.jpg
132 KB, 1024x736
>>66602924
>I put BrBa on par with Boardwalk Empire and Six Feet Under
>>
>>66602998

Maybe not on par, but in the same tier, I guess?

Tier 1 Examples
The Sopranos
Mad Men
The Wire
Deadwood

Tier 2 Examples
Six Feet Under
Boardwalk Empire
Breaking Bad
The Shield

Pleb/Shit Tier Examples
Dexter
Sons of Anarchy
Game of Thrones
The Walking Dead
>>
>>66601262

its a good show but its way overrated by retards

fanbase is annoying as fuck
>>
>>66601262
Because it's popular and popular things are bad unless they're old and nostalgic.
>>
>>66601262
HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IIIIIIIIIIIIT

Season 5 just completely shat on Jesse's character, especially by the last few episodes, just turned him into even more of a squealing baby than usual
>>
When it was still airing everyone here loved it

I guess if you rewatch it you see its flaws but on its first watch its GOAT

I remember the night Ozymandias aired. Vince's name was hailed for hours
>>
>>66602767
How would you have done it
>>
>>66601262
I usually have pretty mainstream/pleb-ish taste in series but this just wouldn't do it for me. I forced my way through 3 seasons and dropped it.

I think the acting and character chemistry is the problem. It comes off as flat to me, much like game of thrones.
>>
>>66603208
I actually agree with this list even though I personally enjoyed every show in the second tier more than breaking bad.
However, boardwalk empire's fifth season was even more shit than breaking bad's.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.