[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Watched Room last night since it was nominated. Can't say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 1024x768
Watched Room last night since it was nominated.
Can't say I was disappointed. Definitely made me tear up, but at the most unexpected scenes. Didn't really get an Oscar bait feel as much as I got a Lifetime original movie feel from it entirely.
7/10 might watch again.
>>
*parp*
>>
I thought it was pretty damn good. The premise definitely could've been "Lifetime original movie" but I think the director/cast made something much better than that. It never really felt contrived or melodramatic, which is how I'd characterize those movies
>>
>>66594440
That's fair enough. The whole plot seemed like something Lifetime worthy.
But the execution is much more than that, I would agree.
>>
>>66594362
Yeah
>>
File: 1455573066464.jpg (10 KB, 278x302) Image search: [Google]
1455573066464.jpg
10 KB, 278x302
>>66594362
I just finished watching this less than 20 minutes ago. I honestly don't see where the Oscar nomination came from.

It's just the story of a >he boy and a mother locked in a room, and they escape and they stay at the granny's house while dealing with a couple issues including: grampa doesn't want to be at granny's house and the mother is having emotional issues.

I seriously don't see what made people go nuts for this film. Even though Jack was outside for the first times in his life, he never had to deal with anything but boredom, he just stood there in every situation. His mom went missing for like, two days, and he just did nothing.

I'm seeing reviews for the film and critics are saying they cried and that the film was beautiful. Am I missing something? Is there a deeper meaning to the film? Is the room symbolizing something? What the fuck?
>>
Watch the RLM review and you'll laugh your ass off. The one retard talks about how the 2nd half focuses on the kid reacting to the world (which it does) and ignored Brie until he realized during the review that there was a fuck load of character development that happens for her and that he didn't notice at first.
>>
>>66596772
>Watch the RLM review
Why would I want to do that? Why do you do that?
>>
Scenes inside the Room and the child's escape are straight 10/10.

Anything after is a trainwreck. It's depressing to the point of being boring. She didn't seem to be struggling being inside the room for 7 fucking years yet she gets batshit crazy after leaving. We're supposed to think she tried killing herself, what the fuck, leaving her child behind?. The grandfather not acknowledging his grandson is completely retarded and the parents fighting their daughter that went missing for 7 fucking years on her first day back home is hilariously stupid. And you can tell there's a "all males are rapists or incompetent" theme throughout which doesn't even surprise me as this was nominated for an Oscar. Still a solid movie, but so much wasted potential
>>
>>66596751

I saw people, normal people, like, straight people, saying that they cried rivers because of The Danish Girl. People are people man, everyone has different buttons, I cried on Seeking a Friend For The End of The World like a little bitch
>>
>>66596817
>And you can tell there's a "all males are rapists or incompetent" theme throughout which doesn't even surprise me as this was nominated for an Oscar
Where was this even implied? I swear, you fucks just want to project shit into everything.
>>
>>66594362
also just watched it. horrible cringy chars who spend half the time screaming. I kept hoping she'd die of the overdose and he'd start torturing small animals and eventually turn into a serial killer
>>
>>66596798
I've run out of things to watch, there's very few tv shows on now that I like, and it's decent background noise desu senpai.
>>
>>66596798
He needs his opinions fed to him so he knows how to shitpost correctly.
>>
>>66596963
Lol no. It provides mild entertainment. I mostly criticize their lack of knowledge and critical analysis in my head.
>>
>>66596822
>Seeking a Friend For The End of The World

I really like end of the world movies. There's another which was a bit more dark but made in Australia, and one with Sandra Oh. These films are so cathartic.
>>
>was planning to go to the drafthouse to watch this
>read synopsis

This seems like a really depressing movie. I'm sure it's good but I don't wanna watch a depressing movie for fear of crying in public.
>>
The interesting part of this movie was the exploration of the psychological idea that their lives may have better inside the room
>>
>>66597010

It was the first time a movie about the end of the wolrd hited me man, holy shit, I had to hold back tears, funnily enough when I watch the scene today I feel nothing. Maybe it was a moment thing
>>
>>66597082
Shit that makes you cry rarely do so a second time.
>>
>>66597056
Only for the mother desu. As the doctor even said in the movie, the kid could still be molded to have some form of function.

The mother was fucked though. She was kidnapped, raped, had a kid, etc, all that shit for 7 years at a very critical pointn of no return age in human development.
>>
>>66596822
I understand that. But in this case I honestly don't see what was so great about the film. The best parts were the first scenes where we start to learn about the situation of the characters and the world, but Jack is so retardedly annoying (probably for obvious reasons, though I don't see why a kid like him would be a dick to his mom mostly all of the time). But when they get out his reaction to the world is so unreal and bland, and nothing really happens except for the fact that Jack is bored and his mom is kind of a dick to her mom.
>>
>>66597056
that was the only thing that turned this movie from shit to average
>>
>>66597138

Well mate, I honestly don't see too. Maybe someone here cried watching and can tell you
>>
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 201x251
>>66594362
>being locked in a room for 7 years
Thats nothing. Im sure some neets on here have been exposed to the same psychological treatment.

I think that Fritzl guy had the high score. He kept his kids in a dungeon for like 25 years

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritzl_case?wprov=sfla1
>>
>>66597499

I literally felt sick when I saw that on TV. Truly disgusting, I can't believe how much shit we have done to each other man, fuck.
>>
>>66597499
Pretty sure there's a difference between secluding yourself of your own will/feelings and being locked in and repeatedly raped by someone else though
>>
>>66597536
The story is just so unbelievable. This motherfucker was able to build a whole underground dungeon unto his basement foundation complete with bathrooms and living spaces without his wife ever figuring out that a whole damn family was down there. Absolutely insane.
>>
>>66597536
My dick was rock hard when I saw that shit on tv.

>>66597648
His wife knew, man. That's just something she'd say to their lawyer to get away with abetting and assisting.
>>
>>66596822
Only movie I've cried in is Bicycle Thieves. The end was heartbreaking.
>>
>>66597585
In both cases they were forced against their will and raped. At least I know Fritzl did. I havent seen Room yet but im pretty sure some freak is keeping them in his shed?
>>
>>66597796
Oh I was talking about his neet comparison
>>
>>66596772
>Watch the RLM review and you'll laugh your ass off

just searched the site and i couldn't find it.

link pls?
>>
>>66597909
the last episode, oscar discussion
>>
>>66597926
>the last episode, oscar discussion

niggah that shits 50 fucking minutes
>>
>>66596772
>Watch the RLM review
Cocksucker.
>>
>>66596751
I think, and I mean this in the nicest possible, non-memey way, that you might have autism. Like real "has trouble understanding human emotion and interactions" developmental difficulties. It's not the end of the world and you can still lead a functional life but you should probably discuss options with your doctor.
>>
File: the-room.jpg (464 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
the-room.jpg
464 KB, 1000x1500
I watched Room last night too. Didnt know it got nominated.

7/10 might watch again
>>
>>66598437
i think it's supposed to be satire, he's pretending to be a NEET autist who "never leaves his room"
>>
>>66598437

Sickest burn I've read all day.
>>
Just watched it and thought it was great. I haven't felt these feels from a movie in a long time. Brie killed it, she deserves that Oscar for sure.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.