[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be Neil Blomkamp >Release a string of shitty movies >Kinda
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
File: alien-covenant.jpg (51 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
alien-covenant.jpg
51 KB, 1280x854
>Be Neil Blomkamp
>Release a string of shitty movies
>Kinda depressed
>Have your heart set on a new Alien movie
>Ridley Scott comes in and cucks you
>The mind behind Prometheus
One thing is for certain. Whoever wins, we lose.
>>
>>66582897
>a string of shitty movies
I've loved literally all of his movies, his critics are on crack.
>>
Alien Covenant will at least be something new

does anyone REALLY want to see a 65 year old sigourney and Michael Biehn fight ayys? Half the reason Alien 3 and 4 sucked so bad is because Ripley's story was already concluded and Sigourney phoned it in.
>>
The fact that he was cucked out of his redemption by modern era Scott and the writers behind Green Lantern is a fucking travesty. What could he have done to deserve this?
>>
Give it to JJ.
We'll get a mix between Alien and Aliens.
>>
I'll take a bad movie that gives no fucks about pleasing the fans like Prometheus over a bad movie that exists only to pander any day. I'm so glad that his Alien film isn't going to happen. Video game fanwank bullshit it would have been.
>>
>>66583026
More like a mix between Aliens and a capeshit.
>>
File: space man.jpg (403 KB, 1187x1540) Image search: [Google]
space man.jpg
403 KB, 1187x1540
>>66582955
>Alien Covenant will at least be something new

while raping everything what's left of the alien franchise.
>>
>>66583094
Nah he's like a franchise doctor.
He's a correction machine.
He can't think up something new, but who cares.
Just get the series back on track.
>>
>>66582955
I bet it's nothing new
>>
>>66583107
And there's literally nothing wrong with that. No sequels should ever have been made in the first place. At this point the best thing they could possibly is just shit on the capeshit sensibility plebs who allowed Aliens to be considered a good movie as much as possible. The danger with the Blomkamp one was that it was made by someone who wished to validate Cameron's Alien skinned capeshit movie.

The best Alien sequel at this point would be one where people were treated to a dank CGI filled shitbuster effects sequence (then unknown to the audience special sensors fitted in each chair would be detecting their enjoyment level) that would cut to Ridley Scott himself giving a lecture on the damaging culturally infantilization that Aliens enabled, then any person who was deemed to have been enjoying themself during the initial capeshit scene would have a razor sharp spike shoot out of a hidden machine in their seat that would pierce their heart, killing them instantly.
>>
>>66583200
He has never once got a series back on track. Once JJ gets his hands on a franchise then that's the final blow. It's the point at which ANY creativity or interesting ideas has now been completed processed into corporate sludge focus grouped for the widest possible audience.

The Force Awakens was by far the worst star wars movie, any kind of vision was now lost and the franchise was now fully capeshit product.
>>
>>66582897
get ready for a string of 12058230910 alien movies and prequels, sequels, spin offs, spin outs and whatever the fuck god goy scott can cash out
>>
>>66583484
Look Star Wars and Star Trek have a future again. Abraham's has to step away from franchises pretty quickly otherwise as you say he may give it the "final blow."
BUT
Star Wars can now continue into a main series and the sub series of films as you are probably aware. The main series will be more conventional, the sub series will be more experimental. But at least I want to see another Star Wars film. That was not the case after the prequels.
Abrahams has a formula: What did the audiences like about the originals/most popular/most critically acclaimed of a franchise. He incorporates as much as he can and the audience says: Oh yes that's why we liked those films in the first place.
He just paves the way for something new. Aliens NEEDS saving at this point. If they fuck it up one more time I think its done.
>>
>>66582955
this

not to mention that Blomkamp's concept art looked really fucking stupid, and bringing back Hicks from the dead, I was convinced that it was well on track to become Resurrection 2.0

I'd rather have Scott do something interesting. And Prometheus, despite its flaws, was actually fucking interesting
>>
File: 73d.jpg (37 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
73d.jpg
37 KB, 680x510
>Tfw Blomkamp will never direct a Godzilla vs Mecha-Godzilla movie
>>
File: h-r-giger12.jpg (244 KB, 814x1213) Image search: [Google]
h-r-giger12.jpg
244 KB, 814x1213
>>66583855
alien can have a future if scott would stop shitting all over its past. if he wants to do new alien movies or even follow his stupid space jesus plot then so be it. but please, leave the xenos the fuck alone.

pic related met the space jockey and the xeno while having one of his opium induced nightmares. I'm pretty fucking sure giger didn't think of the jockey as buff dudes in speedos.
we can only imagine what stupid as shit origin ridley scott is going to come up with for the xeno, but it's going to be equally terrible.

that's not how fucking horror works, ridley. if you take away all the mysticism and literally point your flash light at the monster, then it stops being scary.

not even talking about the fact that scifi horror isn't exactly a mainstream genre anyway.
>>
>be Neil Blomkamp
>make poor movies
>people stop hiring you to make movies

IS THERE ANY JUSTICE IN THE WWOOORRRRRLD??????
>>
>>66583369
>all this autism

Capeshit, like reddit, is now a buzzword for "thing I don't like"
>>
>>66584707
>hi Blomkamp
>>
>>66584955
he's a great director but really needs to stop writing his own scripts.
>>
>>66585025
Nope. Capeshit has a very clear definition. "entertainment" oriented spectacle driven populist cinema.
>>
>>66582927
Elysium and choppy sucked
>>
>>66585049
he's a great concept artist but really needs a writer and editor
>>
File: Halo3-elite.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Halo3-elite.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
>>66582897

>alien
>covenant

wort wort wort
>>
what annoys me about neil baloncamp is all his movies need to have these heavy handed political messages, also matt damon.
>>
>>66586196
First thing I thought, too. I'd rather watch another shitty Alien spinoff/sequel/crossover with Predator than whatever shit Halo movie eventually gets made.
>>
so we will have 2 alien movies in 2017.
>>
>>66586112
Youre on crack.
>>
>>66583855
Fuck you, I'd rather Star Trek stayed dead than be turned into Star Wars 2.0
>>
>>66583015
>What could he have done to deserve this?
Elysium and chappie
>>
>>66582897
>One thing is for certain. Whoever wins, we lose.
Noice.
>>
>>66582897
Prometheus was heavily flawed but vastly superior to Elysium and Chappie. I would rather Scott handle the franchise than Blomkamp.
>>
>>66583369
I have no problem with this.

Sad, yes. But fair? Hell yes.
>>
File: A7AcD-XCMAAYKck.jpg (32 KB, 567x360) Image search: [Google]
A7AcD-XCMAAYKck.jpg
32 KB, 567x360
>Can't make a sequel because that's all been fucked up by the three shitty sequels
>Decide to go backward with Prometheus so you can ignore them
>Fuck up the prequels

Alien franchise is dead. The best thing would be just to retcon every single movie except the original and make Alien 2 starring Newt.
>>
>>66586466
Abrahams will do one more Trek movie I believe and then he's done. Then it will be handed over to other directors and story writers and it can slow down, twist and turn and even have some serious sci-fi plots. Be patient: It has to be done flashy and fast to gain a new audience. The last Next Gen movies and the Baccula series almost gave it the coup de gras.
The one thing I would like the new Star Treks to start steering clear from or using carefully is time travel plots. They have just done it too much.
>>
How exactly did Prometheus shit on Alien Lore? We've known for decades the Aliens were bio-weapons. We just never figured out who exactly the Engineers are. Now we do and nothing has really changed. What is the problem here?
>>
>>66588721
This >>66583107
>>
>>66588721
Engineers looked stupid as shit and the art direction doesnt fit
>>
>>66583015
he is a WHITE South African who grew up in VANCOUVER, an ASIAN city.

He deserves it desu
>>
>>66586112
Elysium was a great. It perfect showed the good and bad side of mass immigration and the first world cutting itself off from the third.

Chappie was ruined by die antward, but it was still enjoyable. Blomkamp knows how to direct action and get fantastic CGI.
>>
>>66588760
>>66588786
It's a minor change that doesn't affect the story at all. It didn't answer any questions about the Aliens, Ripley or LV-426. Just a small hint to their origin but other than that, it did not change lore. We know we were created by the Engineers which was hinted already in the comics and games.

If Prometheus retconned Alien, I could see people getting upset but we're seeing a completely different aspect of the Alien universe without Predators for once.
>>
>>66582955
>Alien Covenant will at least be something new

By definition, it isn't.
>>
>>66588999

Cinema is a visual medium you autistic faglord.
>>
I'd like to see a plot line one day where a future earth is totally overrun by xenomorphs and the earth has to be abandoned. The only place left for mankind is distant outposts. Mankind carpet nukes the entire planet to its crust just out of principle. Distopia * 9000
>>
>>66588588
would she get naked?
>>
>>66589132
Fuckoff, Lucas
>>
>>66588914
>Blomkamp knows how to direct action and get fantastic CGI.
So does Ridley Scott. Everyone loves to say Ridley has gone senile but even in his youth the man was terrible at picking scripts and even his shittiest films look good.
>>
But Blomkamps concept art was awesome. If you don't want to see Aliens 2.5 that retcons 3 and 4 as hypersleep dreams, with Ripley and Hicks taking down Weyland-Yutani by utilizing Xenomorph Bio-Tech, you literally aren't a fan of the franchise.

This is coming from someone who loves Alien 3.
>>
File: Himomitsmebill.jpg (68 KB, 335x583) Image search: [Google]
Himomitsmebill.jpg
68 KB, 335x583
>>66584912
>>66589441
How about a totally new direction: Weyland-Yutani start using the Alien DNA to modify human DNA and it turns humans into more than humans. A gene therapy of the gods.
Enter pic related. Giger's Necronomicon expanded. He did more than the Alien design.
There's so much you can still do with this.
>>
>>66589352
I don't disagree at all.

I just want to see blomkamp put out some more stuff before dismissing him completely, he has plenty of potential. Directors can learn and grow, that said I have no idea if blomkamp can or will.
>>
>>66583107
Oh please the franchise was already nothing but a semen covered corpse like twenty years before Prometheus came out.
>>
>>66589441
This is worse than 3 and 4. This sounds horrid.
>>
File: Thetempleofoohlala.jpg (110 KB, 585x463) Image search: [Google]
Thetempleofoohlala.jpg
110 KB, 585x463
Some more Giger ideas.
>>
>>66589193
Could have a scene where the alien busts through her titties so yeah why not
>>
File: Bliss.jpg (129 KB, 643x569) Image search: [Google]
Bliss.jpg
129 KB, 643x569
>>66589936
Someone say Titties?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.