[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Witch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: the witch.jpg (200 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
the witch.jpg
200 KB, 630x1200
Did you like it?
>>
>>66580350
No.
>>
Still no torrent?
>>
MotY so far.

Loved everything about it.
>>
I found it strange that they portrayed Satan as a cowboy with spurs and cowboy boots

Considering the setting of the rest of the movie.

However that scene was by far the best scene in the movie
>>
Who else noticed the silver cup sitting on the dresser during Lysa's hallucination?
>>
>>66580350
I have yet to see The VVitch.
>>
>>66580350

Is it The Witch or The VVitch?
>>
>>66580350
>>66581424
The VVitch? More like the TTits.
>>
>>66580350

>can't tell what anyone's saying
>only see the witch like, 2 times
>0 jump scares
>>
>>66581439
It's "The 55itch".

I watched it over the weekend and found it delicious .
>>
Are we meant to assume that everything happened literally as we saw it?

By this I mean, Thomason was innocent up until the very end of the movie?
>>
That sexy fucking witch in the hut holy fuck I don't even care if she's got a bush I would WRECK IT RALPH

Did Caleb spit up the apple as punishment for lying to his mom about the apple trees?

This makes me think that Satan is punishing each of them for their sins

Caleb for lust
The father for pride
The mother for idk vanity? Would explain why she's so jealous/hates thomason
The twins for idk
>>
>>66580350
No and yes. Its not horror and it shouldn't be in wide release.

Marketers lied so well to get my ass in the theatre for such a forgettable experience.
>>
>>66581459
I think the witch in the title refers to Thomason. If im right, technically you saw the witch more then 2 times
>>
>>66581649
That's odd because my biggest compliment for the move is that it's going to stick with me for awhile
The way they handled the goat and the devil scene I don't think I'll ever forget
>>
>won't come to my theatres in the middle of nowhere
>have to wait until it rips
>>
>your boner when Thomas disrobes and reveals her thick child bearing hips
>your boner when you imagine taking her from behind out in the woods all alone up against a tree
>>
That dudes voice is insane
>>
>>66581891
>she wasn't GOATED

S m h
>>
>>66581947
>she wasn't BLACK Philledup
>>
WELP I think I reposted enough

No discussions to be found here

/thread
>>
>>66581771
>live in a rural area
>nearest theater is an hour away

DIGITAL RELEASE WHEN
>>
>>66581172

It wasn't a "cowboy", they were portraying him (I assume, anyway) as wealthy. In nice, heavy leather boots and spurs, implying he had a horse, all of which were things that were relatively expensive in those days. All probs just to tempt Thomason even more.
>>
>>66581172
God damn. The contrast at my showing was all fucked up so all of the dark parts of the screen blended together. Couldn't see Satan at all save for the glint of an eye, which admittedly worked as pretty creepy on its own.
>>
>>66581511
Yes, the film is very straight forward. Symbolism and thought provoking imagery don't automatically entail a non-literal interpretation, but I totally see why people feel that way. Honestly I figure you can take it however you like, but the events of the film seemed pretty literal.
>>
>>66581637
Vanity seems to work, didnt her face get mutilated when she died? Twins might have been Sloth, they didn't seem to give a hot fuck about living religiously.
>>
>>66581637
>The twins for idk

The twins for being little shits.
>>
>durrrr I wonder I what sin the twins and mother represented durrrrrrrrrrr
>twins literally called lazy at one point, sing hethen songs and don't practise their religion at all = sloth
>mother scapegoats and whines the whole time = envy
>>
why did thomasin have such a cute ass bros?
>>
>>66583378
You sound like a fun guy to be around.
>>
>>66583412
I just find this thread funny. The attempt to discuss the movie is unreal.
>>
>>66582963
My initial thought was "wtf Spurs weren't invented then" which adds to how supernatural and mindfucking the scene was, but turns out I'm retarded and spurs have existed since like 400 BC
>>66583096
He was dressed in all black with Spurs and a big stylish cowboy hat thing

The whispering was very well done, I was wondering how they would make the goat talk without it being comical and they did it perfectly
>>66583183
Well it's just that Thomason is set up in the perfectly wrong place and the wrong time throughout the movie that it's almost as if she did do everything herself and we're just seeing events take place from her crazy perspective.
Like how she's standing right over her father's corpse as the mother arrives. For a second I was starting to think Thomason was always the antagonist
>>66583236
Yeah it go cut up, that's true

I'm sort of bothered that we never get to see the twins corpses
>>
>>66583378
Thanks for pointing that out, despite the sarcasm
>>66583451
What should the point of this thread be to you? Just a bunch of people saying either "it's good" or "it sucks don't watch it"?

I actually want to talk about the movie
>>
I couldn't stand it. The score was just so fucking awful I couldn't ignore it.
>>
>>66583602
You might be right, the only time I noticed the score it was during a tense scene and it made me uneasy and apprehensive. I'd say that was its intent, but I'm no movie expert
>>
File: 1456454974448.jpg (31 KB, 263x353) Image search: [Google]
1456454974448.jpg
31 KB, 263x353
>>66581450
More like The /-\ss, am I right fellas?
>>
Seven deadly sins
Seven family members

Father - Pride
Caleb - Lust
Mother - Envy
Twin 1 - Gluttony
Twin 2 - Sloth
Thomason - Wrath
Dog - Greed

>inb4 dog greed
That dog was greedy af going after that rabbit
>>
>>66584198
Replace the dog with the baby

That baby was greedy for momma's tit
>>
>>66584198

Gluttony? The twins were essentially the same person. They had the same lines and actions and all, aside from the scene by the creek. Sloth is accurate but I don't see any flat out gluttony.
>>
>>66584552
Yeah I'm doing the best I can here
>>
>>66584588

I mean they did eat at one point. I see what you're saying.
>>
I saw this yesterday and it was just me and a qt all alone in the theater together. I kept hoping she would get scared and come sit next to me but she never did. Though at the end, I thought she had left, so I got up and as I walked out she was waiting by the exit on her phone and looked up at me smiling. I just said "hey there. Excuse me" and went on my way. Regrets..
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.