[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some patrician animated films? Seen Feherlofia, Angel's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
What are some patrician animated films? Seen Feherlofia, Angel's Egg, Tale of Tales, Alice, End of Evangelion, Fantastic Planet, Belladonna, It's Such a Beautiful Day, Mind Game, Yellow Submarine and Ghibli, Disney and Kon films.
>>
File: 3x3 posters cart.jpg (698 KB, 1173x1718) Image search: [Google]
3x3 posters cart.jpg
698 KB, 1173x1718
Save for SONG OF THE SEA this is it, /co/ reject
>>
Coonskin
Heavy Traffic
Wizards
Hey Good Lookin'

Basically a lot of Bakshi's stuff is patrician as fuck
>>
>>66556754
Literally finished watching this cartoon 10 minutes ago, good stuff.
Have you seen "Time Masters" and "Gandahar"? It's by the guy who directed Fantastic Planet.
>>
>>66556830
Oh yeah also Triplets of Belleville and L'Illusionniste (2010)
>>
The OFFICIAL /tv/ patrician opinions list. They cannot be argued against or else you expose yourself as a full pleb. Only TRUE cinematic patricians may add onto this list.

Let us begin:

- Plot is for babies; it is a visual medium, to be used as so
- Star Wars is for 5 year olds
- Stanley Kubrick is a slight step above pleb but nowhere near patrician
- Genre films are trash and are to be treated as such
- Christopher Nolan is pleb tier director; none of his work reaches film status and often time delves into flick tier
- European Cinema is objectively better than other any cinema
- Women cannot truly enjoy a film properly
- Book adaptations are pleb trash fit for only the unoriginal
- Steven Spielberg is intro to pleb tier; no argument can be made against this
- Animation is for children; kill yourself if you enjoy any of the sort and you are older than 10
- CGI is below pleb tier and is automatic filth
- Dialog is for babbies; it is a visual medium, to be used as so
- Naturalism is best style; everything else is commercial shit that are dated before they even leave the editing room. The first film that will be shown to patrician extraterrestrials will be from the realism school
- Remakes and sequels are cancer; no exceptions

So none
>>
>>66556807
>dude XXX CARTOONS LMAO
Bakshi is a hack
>>
>>66556830
Yes, seen Gandahar. Though honestly out of the films I mentioned I liked Planet Sauvage the least, besides the visual style. Gandahar was even worse in terms of narrative for me and it was pretty plain visualy so this made me not to interested in watching Time Masters.
>>66556788
Where can I see Krvava Pani? Watched the rest but no idea where I can find this one.
>>
>>66556968
I find his works rather disgusting.
>>
>>66556754
World of tomorrow is better than It's such a beautiful day
>>
Felidae
>>
>>66556912
ay lmao
>>
the 1970's animated versions of:
Lord of the rings
The lion, the witch and the wardrobe
Plague dogs
Watership down
>>
>>66556968
>>66557034
Have you actually watched his movies? No wonder animation isn't respected when you have retards that don't even get Bakshi
>>
>>66557665
Bakshi's concepts are decent but the plots to his films are pretty incoherent. I can see how that appeals to some people but it's not for me.
>>
File: 1426463214646.jpg (59 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1426463214646.jpg
59 KB, 919x720
>>66557799
>Complaining about plot

I bet you're the type that says only the first part of FMJ is good
>>
>>66557891
Sorry, anon. A feature length animated film needs to have a story that makes sense for me to enjoy it.
>>
>>66557955
I bet you enjoy the works of Christopher Nolan
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1772x753) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1772x753
Tekkonkinkreet is great

My favourite animated movie next to angels egg and the animatrix
>>
File: flight-3.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
flight-3.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>mfw he hasn't seen A Flight of Dragons
>>
Trying not to repeat what's above

The Secret of Kells
Ernest et Celestine
La maison en petits cubes
Franz Kafka's A Country Doctor
Persepolis
Ghost in the Shell (+ Innocence)
Comedy (Kigeki)
Cat Soup
Metropolis
Kirikou et la sorciere
She and Her Cat
Memories
Midori :^)
The Last Unicorn
There Once Was a Dog
Lupin the Third: the Secret of Mamo
Hedgehog in the Fog
Adventures of Mowgli (also known as Maugli)
My Green Crocodile
>>
Mr. & Mrs. Kabal's Theatre.
>>
>>66556788
Song of the Sea is based
>>
>>66556788
song of the sea is great
>>
>>66556754
Try Genius Party and Genius Party beyond.
>>
File: NIMH.jpg (186 KB, 1023x804) Image search: [Google]
NIMH.jpg
186 KB, 1023x804
>not one person has mentioned Secret of NIMH

You plebs disgust me.
>>
Mary and Max
>>
>>66556788
The art and animation in Tale of Tales is some mind blowing shit. Literally nothing else like it. It almost looks like a 3D movie
>>
>>66556912
>it is a visual medium, to be used as so

No one on /tv/ says movies HAVE to be that way. Theres room for both. It's plebs like you that think it should be the opposite and bitch about it.
>>
>>66560316
>posting claymation in the animation thread

fucking pleb
>>
>>66557665
Bakshi did try to push the animation media as something more than simply funny shorts for kids yes, but when he veered into "adult" it was just "look, tits!".
I appreciate his effort and early use of rotoscope (wich doesn't look very good and doesn't hold up in my opinion compared to other works).
His adaptation of the Hobbit is probably his most commendable work.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.