[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ITT: Shows that aged like shit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: the-wire-52fba2cfe0a39.jpg (954 KB, 1000x1426) Image search: [Google]
the-wire-52fba2cfe0a39.jpg
954 KB, 1000x1426
>ITT: Shows that aged like shit.
>>
File: Homicide-Life-On-The-Street.jpg (100 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Homicide-Life-On-The-Street.jpg
100 KB, 500x333
>>
File: 91836525.jpg (6 KB, 145x214) Image search: [Google]
91836525.jpg
6 KB, 145x214
>>
>>66554176
Really? I haven't gone back since it was on the air. Still one of my favorites. I don't know if I should trust you /tv/
>>
>it aged like shit because 4chan says I have to hate all niggers no matter what and I want to fit in with a bunch of people on the fucking INTERNET

Fuck off, OP. I know what your agenda is.
>>
>>66554176
this

its so funny seeing beta white cucks praising this show

>omar is so baddass!!, he can fuck my wife

if you like this show u are a certified degenerate cuckold
>>
>>66554791
>he can fuck my wife
You know how I know you never watched the show before you meme loving fuck?
>>
>>66554176
Fuck you I'm rewatching it lately and it still holds up. Wasn't for the damn Wire you memelords wouldn't even have your Dark Knight shit
>>
>using pagers
>using payphones
>one dimensional portrayal of black people

yeah, ti aged like shit
>>
So many capeshit-tier characters on the show.

>Omar
>Stringer Bell
>Brother Mouzone
>Proposition Joe
>>
>>66554844
Kill yourself, you fucking retard.
>>
Breaking Bad
Lost
Sopranos
True Detective
>>
>>66555249
>Sopranos
>if i throw in one great show with three other shit super-dated shows itll make my bait more efficient!!
>>
>>66554176
has it really?
i've never seen it and i'm on the on the fence of whether i should watch it or not
>>
>>66555383
I would recommend you not to bother with it.

It's full of unrealistic (superhero) characters, it has no character development whatsoever, it's a bit racist towards white people, it has a lot of illogical writing.

I don't know, man. Check the first episode if you don't believe me.
>>
>>66555383
Nah. I just watched it for the first time months ago. It was p great.
>>
>first season has immersive details like showing you CCTV footage and all sorts of cop shit

>they get rid of that to include gay shit like politics
>>
>>66555437
how long did it take you to see all of it?
>>
>>66554598
>implying the early 90s feel that is now forever lost doesnt make the show more comfy
>>
>>66554852
This. It's not nearly as preachy as I remembered it to be. The fan base can be annoying but the show shouldn't take the blame for that.
>>
Freamon is totally not a realistic character.
>>
Sopranos especially in the first seasons did a lot of shit that's aged horrible and shows that it's still too much ingrained to the 90s mindset. All kinds of shitty "character of the week" things where you definitely don't guess that he dies in the end and bringing up shit like "Meadow plays football" for a whole episode only to never mention it again even in passing.

It's miles below the level that The Wire brought.
>>
>>66554176
How does /tv/ think game of thrones will age? I plan on watching it after it goes off the air.
>>
>>66557860
I don't see why there would be something special in it's aging. The first seasons are one of the best book adaptations ever, the latter seasons are trash.
>>
>>66557860
It's medieval fantasy, so only the special effects are likely to age much. The effects are great for a TV show, though.
>>
>>66554176
The Wire is a rare example of a 90's tv show that hasn't aged like shit. This is /tv/ contrarianism at its most retarded.
>>
>>66555383
As this >>66555436 post shows, it triggers white autists, but as long as you're not that it's an extremely solid show.
>>
>>66554982
>implying crime lords don't act all "capeshit"
>implying that isn't one of the most retartedly overused words on /tv/ right now
>>
>>66554176
I don't know, I watched it all a couple years ago and liked it lots. Season 3 was kinda weird though
>>
>>66557068
This.

The Wire still holds up today, but The Sopranos are just outdated.
>>
>>66554982
>>Proposition Joe
making up characters now huh? you meme loving dumbfuck
>>
I'm watching the 1st season of The Wire and I just got done watching the episode where DeAngelo teaches the younger kids chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns! What an incredible metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the symbolism of this.

Do the later seasons continue on with such masterful symbolism? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say The Wire is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the acting is amazing. Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.
>>
>>66558960
I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this pasta was reposted. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. /tv/ is so governed by memes and pleb opinions that it has no other style of writing.

When you read /tv/ you are, in fact, trained to red it.
>>
>>66558960
I could never tell if the original person who wrote this was being sarcastic or it was just an easily impressed teenager.
>>
>>66554791
>it's a pol/ outs themselves as degenerate BBC loving faggots episode
>>
File: 1123581321345589144.png (639 KB, 509x636) Image search: [Google]
1123581321345589144.png
639 KB, 509x636
>>66558141
>The Wire
>90's tv show
>>
Fucking Oz has aged worse than any other show I've ever seen. I feel embarrassed that I used to think it was so great.
>>
>>66560836
Well if you've only seen HBO shows that have been made after that. Almost everything from before Oz has aged horribly.
>>
>>66558802
>>66557068
hello cuckolds
>>
The Sopranos is worst, way to many pop culture references and "Theme of the week" political talking points.
>>
>>66554791
(chanspeak)

Its so funny seeing (meme meme memes) praising this show

>snarky and condescending greentexting

if you like this show you are a certified (meme, Meme you used in your last sentence)

You spend way to much time on the chans dude, you can't even articulate yourself.
>>
>>66560836
Oh, shit, really? What don't you like about it?

Last time I watched it was some 10 years ago when I was like 15 and I thought it's incredible.
>>
>>66554176
i liked it for what it was, especially the recurring motif that its usually corrupt politicians or police executives that fuck everything up for them
>>
>>66558960
The sopranos duck pasta is better.

>they flew off with my penis!
>>
>>66561457
Stop projecting, homo.
>>
>>66554791
>Tfw Seen this old pasta before

Kill Yourself.
>>
>>66554176
this is bait, right?
>>
>>66554176
Shit ages well though, it helps plants grow and gives essential nutrients to the earth.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.