[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just watched this piece of propaganda movie today. The First
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: IP_02.jpg (739 KB, 1200x797) Image search: [Google]
IP_02.jpg
739 KB, 1200x797
So I just watched this piece of propaganda movie today. The First 2 Movie.

Why is it so praised? The Fighting was okay but that fucking overtuned theme of Everything that isn't Chinese are the devil himself. In the first one that fucking 2-3 minute scene where they just show Foshan in grey filter and Japanese flags everywhere "Waaah look how fucking evil the Japs are and the People of Chinese suffering so much Waaah"

I don't even know where to start with second movie. The whole Twister boxer character seemed like a fucking Comedy to me while it's tried to be Dramatic.

I give both movie a 6 out of Nobody Fucking Cares
>>
It's blatant propaganda obviously, but the fighting is more than OK bro, that's why everyone likes em.
>>
>>66544239
not only that, donnie yen is a total bro and his portrayal of ip man is comfy as fuck
>>
>>66544239
I only think it's OK because of the obvious using of the cable for those stupid jumps and flips they do.

It could been impressive enough if they don't go overboard and make it Chinese Matrix.
>>
>>66544336
please be some low level bait, you can't actually be this retarded.
>>
>>66544334

This. Donnie Yen as Ip Man is really fun to watch.
>>
So What's the Third about?

How Evil Americans and Black people are?
>>
>>66544454
not even. It's more about how evil cancer is? it wasn't really focused.
>>
because if it's not in there their government will make you dead
>>
>>66545625
and also Chinese hate Japs anyway
>>
>>66544203
They refer to the chinese as the sick men of Asia. You think it's okay you great piece of shit?

Those aren't normal foreigners. Those are evil ones.
>>
Kung fu flicks have been too PC since the 90s. It was refreshing to see blatant racism toward Japan as the good old days
>>
The Japs were pure evil during WW2 if anything Chinese movies goes soft on them

Could show babies being bayoneted to death instead of shooting people
>>
>>66544203
I found it pretty funny actually. I loved that the Japanese commanders were a "speccy jap" stereotype and a jiujistsu master.

The second was was definitely "hurr hurr foreign devils" but it was so dumb that I ended up liking it too. And at the end Ip Man even says it's not about Chinese being better than Brits.

Who cares anyway, it's about the martial arts, which were fucking amazing..
>>
The Grandmaster is a comfy ip man movie
>>
>>66546048
it was shit tbqh
>>
>>66544203
It's a propaganda movie for a weak and ineffective style of martial arts.
Also the main character is probably the most absolute Mary Sue in the history of cinema, and has nothing to do with the actual life of Yip Man.

But damn those battle choreographies were so sweet.
>>
>>66544203
The first movie was kind of meh, just because the MC was literally invincible and it completely killed any tension whatsoever.

In the second movie they made him SLIGHTLY less invincible, which helped a lot.

But yes, the first movie was some serious CHINA IS GREAT propoganda. The ending where they completely gloss over they needed the West to save them from Japan was especially hilarious.
>>
>>66546127
>has nothing to do with the actual life of Yip Man.
I like how he single-handedly beat the Japanese occupation and ended British rule in Hong Kong through the power of wing chun.
>>
>>66546127
m8, that's just the way chinese movies are. I love them for that. Ip man movies are the new wong fei hung movies. I used to love the jet li once upon a time movies.
>>
>>66544203
>I've never seen a Chinese martial-arts movie with nationalistic overtones

it's like trying to listen to gangster rap and being shocked that someone's saying "faggot"
>>
>>66546225
>The ending where they completely gloss over they needed the West to save them from Japan was especially hilarious.
That just how Chinese are taught about WW2. They honestly believe Japan surrendered because of Chinese resistance.
>>
>>66546319
nigger would have been a better choice
>>
>>66546371
China would have been literally raped to death if the the nips hadn't pissed off the US. They need to realize that.
>>
>>66546383
faggot
>>
>>66546548
nigga?
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (7 KB, 232x217) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
7 KB, 232x217
>>66546593
>>
>>66545961
Chinese movies from the 70s and 80s love to show nip men raping chinese women
>muh Nanking
>>
>>66544203
Comfy as fuck first half and action filled second half. That's enough for a kung fu movie. Second movie has even more comfiness, and yes Twister was a caricature but literally who cares. He's supposed to be a symbol for hardship, not of the foreigners.

Both are still more tasteful than Bruce Lee's Fist of Fury and the Donnie Yen sequel/remake to it. A lot of Chinese movies have between a bit and assloads of propaganda because the government demands it. Hong Kong martial arts cinema up to before the handover played around with the idea of a meeting between Japanese and Chinese martial artists many times and has produced movies like Fist of Legend, Heroes of the East and Duel to the Death without any problems. Modern Chinese martial arts cinema still can sometimes pull it off, such as with Jet Li's Fearless, but I'm pretty sure it depends on the stars and studio's pulling power. Also being too explicitly religious is pretty much forbidden AFAIK, you'll be fine if you do something about Confucianism but Buddhism is dangerous territory. I don't know any Chinese films that are like Korean cinema's Mandala, Passage to Buddha, Why Has Bodhidharma Left for the East etc.
State pressure is also why there are tons of retarded "tai chi master rips japanese devils in half with bear hands" kind of programs in Chinese TV, they're pretty much commissioned by the state and you have to obey it. Most of the people involved with those productions think it's ridiculous and retarded and would rather do something else, but they can't.

By the way, acclaimed Japanese composer Kawai Kenji handled the music for the Ip Man movies.
>>
>>66546127
>It's a propaganda movie for a weak and ineffective style of martial arts.
I've seen worse. Anyone here saw 2008's The Legend of Bruce Lee?

>Real-life Bruce Lee openly dismissed chinese martial arts for being outdated and focusing too much on pretty movements rather than efectiveness
>TV Bruce Lee actually believes kung fu is the best martial art ever and get really angry when someone imply it only looks pretty
>Real life Bruce Lee was a citizen of the world
>TV Bruce Lee is a hardcore nationalist constantly showing why China is the best country of the world and kung fu being better than any other martial art is the proof.
>Real-life Bruce Lee want to learn different disciplines and was a promoter of mixed martial arts
>TV Bruce Lee defeat a karate master in 11 seconds

Fun fact. The legend of Bruce Lee is the C-drama with the highest ratings ever
>>
>>66547009
>Real-life Bruce Lee openly dismissed chinese martial arts for being outdated and focusing too much on pretty movements rather than efectiveness
Half true. It was more about the current state of Chinese martial arts than the arts themselves.

>TV Bruce Lee is a hardcore nationalist constantly showing why China is the best country of the world and kung fu being better than any other martial art is the proof.
>TV Bruce Lee defeat a karate master in 11 seconds
lel
To be fair though simply slapping Bruce Lee's name into a TV show will probably give it mad ratings regardless of the content.
>>
>>66546931
>Kawai Kenji
Japan is the most cucked nation on Earth, even more cucked than Germany or Swedeen, so it's nothing rare
>>
>>66547278
Nah, the nips keep their borders closed and they don't let all the scum of the earth to migrate in their Islands.
>>
>>66547278
And on the other side of this we have people that claim Japan is the last nationalist-conservative nation on Earth.
Both your and their versions are bullshit, of course.
>>
>>66547101
>>66547009
The Bruceploitation never ended. It takes pauses but never stops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArH7qij5Li0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKXKT-cMmks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drrkyFfVKNo
Ip Man is technically part of the Bruceploitation
>>
>>66547722
>Ip Man is technically part of the Bruceploitation
>those scene in ip man 3

SO WHY DID HE OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR THEN?!
>>
>>66544203
Now you know what it's like when most of the world watches an American movie.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.