[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has The Animatrix aged well? I never watched it and my time is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: Animatrix_High.jpg (125 KB, 400x578) Image search: [Google]
Animatrix_High.jpg
125 KB, 400x578
Has The Animatrix aged well? I never watched it and my time is very valualbe.
>>
>my time is very valuable

Sure it is.
>>
File: second renaissance.jpg (35 KB, 720x306) Image search: [Google]
second renaissance.jpg
35 KB, 720x306
Besides the CG one they are all pretty good. But Second Renaissance is by far the best, and most relevant to the Matrix story.
>>
>>66541386
Of course it has aged well. With the exception of the Final Flight of the Osiris, it's all 2D animation and top quality animation at that.

If you're really pressed for time, just watch The Second Renaissance Part 1 and 2 at least. It's only about 20 minutes.
>>
Some shorts are not so great but its a great bit of backstory.
>>
>>66541386
I've been trying to remeber what the name of this show was for the longest time. It used to be on late at night on Teletoon and I watched it all the time. Thanks senpai.
>>
Second Renaissance is by far the best. World Record is pretty good and Beyond is a personal favorite.
>>
Yeah, it's pretty good. World Record is the best short
>>
>>66541386
The animation and 2D art were good.
>>
Kind of edgy.

Made me feel uncomfortable at some parts. Not sure why.
>>
Final flight of Osiris is my favourite but I'm a sword autist and a virgin.
>>
Its very good, and works well as an intro to some the the animators works.

Genius Party is a sequel of sorts so watch that too.
>>
File: aeon-flux.jpg (213 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
aeon-flux.jpg
213 KB, 1024x768
If you liked it you might like Aeon Flux which is probably on Youtube.
>>
>>66541760

>Made me feel uncomfortable at some parts. Not sure why.

Probably because some of the stuff in it is the stuff of nightmares.
>>
>>66541760
>Kind of edgy.
>Made me feel uncomfortable at some parts. Not sure why.

I'M HUUUUMAAAANNN
>>
>>66541565
World Record is a personal favorite. Made by the same guy that made Redline. Character design/animation style really shows.
>>
>>66541386
Most of it. 3 segments aren't great.
I appreciate it more as an adult now I know how (mostly) good the lineup of directors is.
>>
>>66541791
I have that dvd box set
>>
>>66541791
I never liked the aesthetics of that show. I was interested in the story, but god damn it people looked too leathery for my taste at the time.
Maybe I should give it another try now that I'm more mature.
>>
>my time is very valualbe.

I guess that's why you post on /tv/
>>
the CGI one was good, and stands up well.

The sound in it is trash though. sounds very bad compared to the actual film, and movie. not sure what it is, but I would call it distant, and flat
>>
https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/5109/animated-animatrix-background_animation-character_

You tell me.
>>
Definitely better than 2 and 3. Worth every second.
>>
>>66541386

>your time is valuable
>posting on 4chins

Morning Reddit
>>
Yeah, it's great.
For some reason I really love the one where a woman and some kids find a glitch in the matrix and just kinda play around in it.
Its comfy and pretty to look at
>>
How much of the Animatrix is ripped off straight from Isaac Asimov?
>>
>>66541884
>Made by the same guy that made Redline

Didn't know that, neat. its probably my favourite

matriculated (last one) was the worst by far and yet im pretty sure its double length (20 mins)
>>
File: 1456736467543.gif (2 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
1456736467543.gif
2 MB, 350x197
>>66541386
no, only the second renaissance part is watchable, the rest is pure anime cringe.
>>
>>66544190
what the fuck is that?
>>
The one with the athlete almost running out of The Matrix was cool as fuck.
>>
>>66544235
Lel this retard has never seen a dog before!
>>
>>66543364
>asimov
You mean Jean Baudrillard
>>
>>66544190
people love second renaissance but that bit with the robots in a suit and a dress wanting to get married is among the top 5 cringe moments in the whole thing

and the robot at the UN singing with a barcode
>>
>>66541386
I thought it was pretty boring to be honest. Even Second Renaissance was pretty bland.
>>
>>66544290
>You mean Jean Baudrillard

Hyperreality has nothing to do with virtual reality. I meant Asimov because the whole robot thing is Asimov's. Baudrillard is cool but it's philosophy, and Matrix doesn't do much in that area, inb4 myth of the cave and shit.
>>
>>66543364
Hopefully all of it. I don't have time to read genre trash but I'll gladly watch it.
>>
>>66541662
yes
>>
>>66544709
>genre trash

I see you suck a meme's dick.

>genre

Please die. Everything is "genre", you dumb cunt.
>>
>>66544709

>muh epic existentialist bullshit from arrogant cunts isn't a "genre"

Keep dreaming, faggot.
>>
>>66544469
Hyper reality has everything to do with any reality, augmented or virtual. But I'm not here to talk simulacrum and PoMo in the Matrix.

I'm here to tell you that Peter Chungs 'Matriculated' was the best of a fantastic bunch. Locked in the mind of a robot to be abused for an eternity. Chilling concept, fluid animation, perfect end to a great collection.
>>
>>66544709
eyy nigga fuck you Asimov's books are good.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.