[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Movie of the year didn't get any Oscars because the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: 1364010772321.jpg (50 KB, 648x365) Image search: [Google]
1364010772321.jpg
50 KB, 648x365
>Movie of the year didn't get any Oscars because the Academy consists of salty old men
>>
>>66540503
This is honestly what people should be complaining about. This would've gotten like 2-3 nods of it wasn't netflix
>>
>>66540503
THEEZE AH DA MEN WHO KILLED YO FADDA
>>
>Dude war is hell lmao
>>
>>66540544
They can't let it win because Netflix is killing cinema
>>
>>66540544
No it wouldn't. The Jews don't care about Africa or child soldiers.
>>
>>66540624
Does anyone care? Africa is just this place where horrible things happen and there's nothing to be done about it in most people's minds.
>>
It definitely had better directing and cinematography than The Revenant, that's for sure
>>
>>66540503
UNATCO?
>>
>>66540763
I thought you were a GEP gun
>>
>>66540590
HIS YA ENEMY AND HE ON HIS KNEES
>>
>>66540620
Cinema is killing cinema
>>
>>66540624

You don't have to care about Africa or Child Soldiers to like the movie, though. That's like saying you have to care about bears to like The Revenant.
>>
>>66540503
Yeah, like the blacks wouldn't hate it, if a movie that gives a realistic image of Africa won the Oscars.
It's not by accident that black complain for Straight Out Of Compton and not for this.
>>
>>66540503

>It's a Hollywood shit on Netflix and every Weinstein Company production for Netflix episode

Literally cucking themselves into oblivion
>>
>shit paint-by-numbers oscar-bait doesn't get any nominations
ok
>>
>>66540932
>Oscar bait
>On netflix
>>
>>66540932
If you think it's easy, why don't you make a video of you acting like you're struggling to survive and post it on Youtube, then send us all a link so we can get a peak at your acting chops? Show us your Oscar performance and prove us all wrong.
>>
Agu got to do some presenting at the Oscars though. I hope he gets more work, he did really well in Beasts. Plus his accent is cute.
>>
File: 1435568877584.jpg (20 KB, 406x395) Image search: [Google]
1435568877584.jpg
20 KB, 406x395
>>66540744
>cinematography
What you're saying is you liked the pretty pictures in Beasts of No Nation better than in The Revenant?
>>
>>66540726
>>66540624
do you look news? Africa is migrating to Europe. we start to care because of it
>>
>>66540911

They didn't complain for Creed either, since Stallone is in it.
>>
>>66540952
netflix have been trying very hard to "legitimise" their own productions as people always thought they would be terrible. a few of their tv shows have given them a decent reputation but an oscar-winning piece would have been huge for them

this shitshow was the realisation of that aim
>>
>>66541091
But no one does give a fuck, not even out of cynical self interest.

Sub-Saharan Africa is rarely on the news, regardless of what happens there.
>>
Netflix is a cancer for the industry. The cinema and tv community should never acknowledge their work.
>>
>>66540503
yeah no its because the filmakers didnt adhere to the fucking rules they knew were in place and then tried to act as if it was because of black people, seriously fuck off the goddamn president of the academy is a black woman for fucks sake, the first oscar given to a black person was in 1939 and it was given to again a black woman no less, this is a controversy that does not exist
>>
>>66540620
Netflix takes risks and works with original scripts and ideas, Hollywood exploits nostalgia and mutilates scripts based on focus groups.
>>
AYO AGU, HOL UP
>>
>>66541430
Hello Rabbi Warner
>>
>>66541468
Are you really gonna say Netflix doesn't exploit nostalgia when Fuller House came out last week
>>
File: 26roht600.jpg (38 KB, 600x298) Image search: [Google]
26roht600.jpg
38 KB, 600x298
>>66540503
Netflix's fault, all they had to do is release it in a couple of theatres a few weeks in LA and NY. A lot of Oscar-bait movies do this before rolling out a full release.

Has nothing to do with blacks. And how come Mexicans can keep winning best director without affirmative action?
>>
File: alrightsir.jpg (28 KB, 577x435) Image search: [Google]
alrightsir.jpg
28 KB, 577x435
HOW DOES THE COMMANDANT LOOK?
>>
>>66541444
>the filmakers didnt adhere to the fucking rules
What rules? They showed it in theaters to be eligible.
>>
>>66541468
>fuller house
>summer camp something
>capeshit
>remake of house of cards

Wow Netflix sure is different
>>
>>66541506
Well they do it to a degree yes, but they also work with a good deal of original material, seems like they are sort of just throwing anything at the wall to see what sticks right now. Some of their original stuff is good, some bad, some original, some based in nostalgia, their content is all over the place right now yo.
>>
>>66541572
pretty good my man
>>
>>66540503
So what the title of this movie is saying is that nationalism and national identity is good?

OYYYYYYY VEYYYYYYYY
>>
since its creation the academy has given out over a hundred nominations to black people, but no because this year it just happened to all white and since one fucking movie didnt get nominated because it didnt follow the one simple fucking rule every other film had to follow, the whole academy is flawed and everyone involved is a fucking racist, this is why the entire fucking world hates us
>>
>>66541575
the rule that it cant be released through online streaming prior to the awards show
>>
>>66541634
>So what the title of this movie is saying is that nationalism and national identity is good?

Where the fuck would ever get that impression from?
>>
>>66540994
Hollywood Producer: Agu do dis ting for me and you won the part.
>>
>>66541678
Three of the feature length documentaries were on Netflix before the award show, are the rules different for them?
>>
>>66541638
This thread isn't even about black people

it's about the movie being better than all other nominees
>>
>>66541823
probably, i mean did you ever see any of those documentaries in theaters?
>>
>>66541853
>>Movie of the year didn't get any Oscars because the Academy consists of salty old men
really now?
>>
>>66541800
>beasts
>of no nation

What I assume the film is about
>PMCs that recruit child soldiers and fight for the highest bidder, not a nation
>>
>>66541913
You're completely incorrect.
>>
>>66541939
Well okay then. That's why I asked.

My version would be better to be honest, family.
>>
>>66542025
How do you know that when you have no idea what the movie is about?
>>
It's a decent movie, but best? Fuck no, not even, and while Idris' performance was ok it wasn't all that, geezus.

Neither was Leo's for that matter, Ruffalo should have taken that, perhaps Cranston but not Leo.
>>
>>66540503
It was a mediocre film with one brilliant scene in total. Elba's English accent kept coming through in parts and he wasn't so much acting as he was putting on a highly exaggerated Congolese accent so if even that isn't consistent, I don't get all the praise.

The real problem was with the pacing; the film had terrible, terrible, pacing.
>>
>>66542060
Because my plot is 11/10 familia. It would have gotten more Oscars than Mad Max.

Trust me. My dad works for the Academy.
>>
>>66542194
I disagree. Elba was a bit overrated but the main kid was absolutely fucking astounding. And his arc sorta paces the film out; everything going on around him amounts literally to the senselessness of war. Similar to Come and See.
>>
>>66542294
>the main kid was absolutely fucking astounding
Yeah, he was excellent. But I don't think they usually give academy awards to kids because it would just highlight how little 'craft' actually goes into acting, and that would make lifers like Daniel Day-Lewis and DiCaprio upset.
>>
>>66541508
>Netflix's fault, all they had to do is release it in a couple of theatres a few weeks in LA and NY.
That's not true. The number of theaters doesn't matter.
It didn't get nominated because it was made by Netflix.
The moment a streaming movie get the oscar for best movie, the academy would cuck itself into oblivion.
>See this movie here? It was the best movie in the last year. And it was made by a streaming portal. If you want to see the best films, don't go to cinema and give us 20$, just get your monthly 9,99$ Netflix subscription.
>>
File: CONTRACTED_Poster_web.jpg (786 KB, 1200x1778) Image search: [Google]
CONTRACTED_Poster_web.jpg
786 KB, 1200x1778
>>66542578
psh okay, because netflix in your home is gonna compare to the movie theater experince because netflix made one average original film and everyone else is literally tv shows and movies you would see in theaters mixed in with horrible low budget shit that somehow makes it to public consumption (pic related as it is supposedly one of the best films you can go to netflix and see)>>66542578
>>
>>66540799

I don't care about bears and I hated The Revenant. Check mate, athiest.
>>
>>66540503
>Netflix
>Movie

Ha
>>
File: 1442862966580.gif (561 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1442862966580.gif
561 KB, 500x281
>>66540503
>Academy consists of salty old men
>The president of the Academy is a Black Woman
>You could not be more wrong
>kek
>>
>>66542542
>it would just highlight how little 'craft' actually goes into acting
This is interesting actually, how could this kid be so good when he's never acted before? Is it just good directing? Is he just a natural?
>>
>>66540620
This, That crap Seth Rogan movie The Interview proved cinemas are on life support. That straight to Streaming is possible, but being stifled.
>>
>>66544485
>cinemas are on life support.
Box office records are broken all the time now
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.