[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oscars 2017
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
Let's predict next year's Oscars even though we're 2 months into the year and no good films have come out yet.

(Pic related is Scorsese's new movie.)
>>
File: goat.jpg (58 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
goat.jpg
58 KB, 900x900
"do you want to live deliciously?"
>>
Keaton gets nom'd for the Founder, still doesn't win. Founder wins best picture. Keaton meme begins.
>>
The Birth of a Nation nominated at least 12 times (including Best Picture, Director, Actor/Actress, Writing)
>>
The academy will finance a new film for Steve McQueen to direct so that we won't have to deal with all the #oscarssowhite shit next year.
>>
>>66538079
This.
>>
>>66538003
January and february usually suck besides the rare Sundance exception. The studios all dump the movies they have no faith in in jan and feb.

American Pastoral might get a couple of undeserved Oscar nominations, unless it's even worse than it seems like it's going to be. Then it will win Razzies.
>>
File: 2000px-US_Cav_35.svg.png (109 KB, 2000x1296) Image search: [Google]
2000px-US_Cav_35.svg.png
109 KB, 2000x1296
>>66538079
holy fuck i wish i knew who you were irl - i'd look forward to next 50 years of you getting btfo again and again as reality outrips your fantasies. oh god the joy of seeing you live and die so miserably would make my lifetime.
>>
>>66538051
Yes, Satan.
>>
It's gonna be some nigger movie because the Academy can't take the banter.
>>
>>66538095
I can deal with that. He's a good filmmaker.
>>
>>66538076

That's not going to happen as long as McDonalds is fighting a minimum wage increase
>>
File: image.jpg (266 KB, 747x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
266 KB, 747x1000
>>66538003

Based Mel mounts the comeback of a lifetime and Hacksaw Ridge sweeps the awards.

Andrew Garfield takes Keaton's Oscar and /tv/ cries about it
>>
>>66538003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_38WdArR20
>>
>token costume drama
>token blockbuster that was slightly better than all the other blockbusters
>token indie movie that won all the festival awards
>token movie from an established director that always gets nominated
>token crime drama that was better than all the other crime dramas
>>
The Witch is the best movie of 2016 so far.

That is the minimum bar for Best Picture.
>>
>>66538533

So it's a 100% wide open contest then is what you're saying.
>>
>>66538607
I take it you disliked the movie.

The point is when considering if a movie is best picture worthy, The Witch is the measuring stick.
>>
>>66538405
>token costume drama
Alone in Berlin
I want it to be passengers just to trigger /tv/ into oblivion but it will probably be suicide squad or star wars
Birth of A Nation
OP's pic
Those don't get nominated as often as you think.
>>
>>66538095
Starring Michael Fassbender as Martin Luther King Jr.
>>
>>66538360
I'm only crying because you're on your phone
>>
>token costume drama
Brooklyn
Mad Max and The Martian
Brooklyn and Room
Bridge of Spies
Hmmmm
Token political statement movie (fixed)
Spotlight and Big Short

Christ you might be on to something
>>
Birth of a Nation Best Picture,

Best Actress is between Rosamund Pike for 'A United Kingdom' and Chastain for 'The Zookeeper's Wife'

Tbh I reckon 'Sully' does well, best original screenplay maybe?
screenshot this
>>
90% of movies that win Oscars are released in fall or winter so it's impossible to predict right now
>>
Oscar Isaac will get a supporting actor nomination for X-Men, and if there's no black actor in the same category he'll win.

Screencap this and save it for a year from now.
>>
>>66538749
>Those don't get nominated as often as you think.

Traffic
The Departed
The Godfather
The Godfather II
Goodfellas
some others...

ok i guess not
>>
>>66538133
autism?
>>
>>66539047
Those fit in the "established director" senpai
>>
>>66539150
they are interchangeable though
>>
>>66538003
ewan's jesus movie
>>
>>66538003
Is there a trailer out yet? The book is awesome.
>>
>>66538003

Reminds me of Mists of Pandaria trailer but with actual humans.
>>
>>66539300
>Those fit
That's what i meant senpai
>>
File: Oscars 2017.png (729 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Oscars 2017.png
729 KB, 800x600
My predictions.
>>
>>66538003

Finding Dory and Moana split the vote and the animated feature category will be interesting for the first time in years.
>>
>>66539302

Not if it's played straight.
>>
>>66538973

Well yeah. So you look at the movies the studios are releasing around that time to see what THEY think is good enough to win.
>>
File: criswell.jpg (49 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
criswell.jpg
49 KB, 750x750
>>66538003
Ana Lily Amirpour will get something for The Bad Batch.
>>
>>66539582
What?
>>
>>66538095
>#oscarsowhite

Its funny because I remember an Indian woman, and two Hispanic men, winning oscars. They also didn't bring up DUDE WERE BROWN LMAO! Its almost as if no niggers were nominated because they're horrible actors and unbearable to be around in general.
>>
>>66538003

>no good films have come out yet

Deadpool?
The Witch?
>>
>>66540090
>superhero comedy
>horror
These will get nowhere near Oscar and you know it pham, if anything that's come out I think Hail, Caesar! has the best chance because Hollywood loves movies about itself. Brolin will get a nod for best actor, you can be sure of it.
>>
>>66540073

#BLM is now and always has been a Black Supremacy group. They don't care that Asians, Hispanics, and other "people of color" succeed. They'll still bitch that no "black" movies or black actors are nominated. For the life of me, I can't remember a single "black" movie that was noteworthy last year. Maybe Straight Outta Compton, but that was really more of a flick and a so-so one at best.

Won't stop the media from paying lip service to #OscarsSoWhite or whatever trendy hashtag cause-du-jour is popular with the 13-25 year olds on Twitter at the moment. NPR this morning mentioned the "controversy" surrounding the Oscars like it's some huge thing and not just a few hundred, very vocal SJWs bitching on social media for the sake of bitching, because we live in a first world country where apparently our biggest problem is black actors not being nominated for movies that don't exist so we'll blame white people for what's going on in a predominately Jewish industry.

This is why Trump is so popular.
>>
File: costanza (45).jpg (30 KB, 475x533) Image search: [Google]
costanza (45).jpg
30 KB, 475x533
>MFW NIGGERS THINK DUNKIRK WON'T SWEEP
BRAVO
R
A
V
O
>>
>>66540450
Dunkirk is released 2017
>>
>>66538003
>Jesuits dindu nuffin: the movie
That aside it can't win in the era of the fedora anyway.
>>
>>66538377
Looks like a TV reenactment more than a movie.
>>
I doubt any of these will win Best pic, but I am looking forward to these and they might snag a few side ones... 1. Miss Peregrins home for Peculars 2. The BFO 3. Assassin Creed
>>
>>66541677
If The Last Temptation of Christ is any indication the movie won't be very "christian".

Sorcese is a self hating catholic and hollywood loves that shit.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.