[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst Snubs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: george miller.jpg (35 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
george miller.jpg
35 KB, 700x467
So now that the dust has settled I think we can all agree this was one of the worst Oscars ever.

Snubbed for Best Director: George Miller

Snubbed for Best Actress: Cate Blanchett

Snubbed for Best Actor: Michael Fassbender

Snubbed for Best Picture: Fury Road

All in all the best thing about the night was Morricone getting recognized for the Hateful Eight soundtrack.
>>
Fuck off, Ausfaglian
>>
Pretty terrible taste dude
>>
>>66531897
The fact Fassbender hasn't won an Oscar for Hunger/Shame/12 Years is a travesty
>>
You legitimately have shit taste.
>>
The worst fucking snub was Abe Vigoda being left out if the in memoriam.

Would have been nice for Mad Max to win best picture. I didn't love it. I appreciate I though and it deserved to be recognised. If Miller hadn't gone for that catastrophically too severe colour grading than he could have been a contender, but Innaratu did a good job.

Care Blanchett wasn't snubbed.

Fassy definitely deserved it more but Sony were never going to buy him an Oscar. Jobs was a catastrophe behind the scenes and at the box office. They didn't need to publicity.
>>
File: tom hardy mad max.jpg (285 KB, 549x768) Image search: [Google]
tom hardy mad max.jpg
285 KB, 549x768
>>66531922
I am canadian thank you very much.

I mean I'd be ok with Inarritu winning Best Director, but I still think Best Picture should go to Mad Max just for how much of a cinematic experience that film was and how much work went into actually creating the movie, the soundtrack and sound design, actually creating an emotional connection to the characters and the world, etc. Spotlight and Revenant overall didn't hold a candle to Mad Max. The universe of Fury Road is arguably the best cinematic universe since Lord of the Rings.
>>
Tom Hardy was snubbed
>>
Mad Max was fucking awful
>>
>>66532047
Better than The Revenant.
>>
>>66532044
>played best character in Revenant and the main character of Fury Road
>didn't even get nominated for either

he was truly snubbed.
>>
>>66532030
Abe Vigoda died this year.
>>
Defo on George and Fury Road. There were no homerun Oscar Baits this year, Spotlight was the closest they could find to a half decent plight of the people drama so they gave it to them.

If Fury Road had the hype, buildup and sales of Lord of the Rings: Return of The King, they would have rightfully won the above categories as well.
>>
>>66532152
fury road really didn't have good marketing, it all seemed to be mostly word of mouth and critical acclaim.

had no idea what the movie was until my older brother started ranting and raving about how it was the best action movie he'd ever seen.
>>
>>66531897
>forgetting roon roon
At least, she got Cannes award.
>>
>>66532181
Id been tracking it for years but when the trailer finally came out I was actually turned off the movie cause it looked like nothing but explosions, weird pole swinging and lacked Mel.

The younger moviegoers wouldnt even know Mad Max was a thing.

It really had to deliver on the day and build from there.
>>
>>66532314
the old Mad Max movies seriously suck dick.

I never watched them before watching Fury Road and the first thing that stuck out to me was I had no idea what the fuck anyone was saying.

special effects and such were pretty damn awful looking compared to Fury Road. I get that that's what Miller could make at the time but watching old Mad Max just made me want to turn it off and watch Fury Road again.

Pretty much all my friends have never watched the old Mad Max but agree Fury Road was incredible.
>>
File: rage.png (19 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
rage.png
19 KB, 300x309
>>66531897

it was one of the worst oscars due to the all black propaganda, rape bs that doesn't fucking belong in the an award ceremony. fuck that shit.

it was so fucking unbearable, its like you really want to shoot or kill whoever made this shit , its like they keep on poking whites to just explode with all this shit. fucking jews
>>
>>66532437
white people are fucking crazy

it's your ceremony

you're watching a show in a room FULL of rich white people

non stop white people coming up on stage to give awards to more rich white people

end of the show the entire stage is FULL of white people

it's literally been "white people: the show" for the past 88 years

and because one time they decide to let a black guy come on stage and talk about the obvious fact that Hollywood is racist, you start freaking out about how the Jews are trying to "poke whites to make them explode"?

jesus fuck man. go shoot up a school or something, you couldn't be more white if you tried
>>
File: think about it.jpg (141 KB, 543x405) Image search: [Google]
think about it.jpg
141 KB, 543x405
>>66532566

I know this is bait but I'm so angry right now remembering the show all I can say is

F U C K Y O U
>>
>>66532145
So did Bowie and Rickman
>>
>fassbender should have won the best actor award
>complain that leo just yells all the time and is a shit actor
>say that fass should have won it for being a whiny yelling nasally bitch
lmao
>>
>>66532720
Steve Jobs at least is an actual character/person Fassbender had to depict. Leo basically just played some guy who hollers and gets cold.
>>
>>66532089
He got nominated for The Revenant as best supporting role. The old fuck from Bridge of shit won instead.

Also, who the FUCK decided to give an Oscar to Pixar instead of Charlie Kaufman? And the fact that Spotlight won is fucking proof that the Oscars are fucking horrible and should be ignored.
>>
>>66532566
THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JEWS AND WHITE PEOPLE. It's an award show full of old Jews for Jews. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>66532030
>The worst fucking snub was Abe Vigoda being left out if the in memoriam.

B-but we need to include random academy PR-relations employee! Her family paid us well to have her included. Drop Vigoda!
>>
File: 1456647439364.jpg (119 KB, 695x642) Image search: [Google]
1456647439364.jpg
119 KB, 695x642
>>66531897

> Fury Road

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree once and for all that this movie IS NOT A FUCKING MASTERPIECE FFS !

Enjoyable, yes. Being nominated for the Oscar, FUCK NO.

Whatever /tv/ says.
>>
>>66533401

I wholeheartedly agree.
>>
I don't remember a single detail about the Hateful Eight's score.
>>
miller losing to inarritu and deakins getting outmemed by lubezki (even tho lachman was the real snub) are the only two that got me angry
>>
>>66533476

>Not watching the superior 70mm showings with musical prelude.

The score for it was fucking great though
>>
>>66533546
Ennio more than deserved that Oscar after all these years and all these masterpieces, but Johann Johannsson had the best score of all the nominees this year.

Both animated categories were a joke like they always are, because the academy clearly doesn't watch these films beyond whatever they go see with their kids.

So was best documentary. The most important ones get snubbed or not even nominated because all these people really care about are showbiz stories close to home.
>>
>>66533401
On a technical level it was phenomenally good. It told the narrative very efficiently with very minimal dialogue. The effects props and sets all worked extremely well together. There's not been another movie that did everything so well in quite a while.

It deserved a nomination for that.
>>
>>66533792

yes. Other than that, no. I mean c'mon, best movie ?
>>
File: 23542362474553.jpg (6 KB, 233x217) Image search: [Google]
23542362474553.jpg
6 KB, 233x217
>>66531897
>star wars and fury road are the only two movie i've seen in 2015
>fury road best picture!
>trust me, i'm a film enthusiast guys
>>
>>66533850
I saw all the best picture nominees this year and I agree with OP.
But then again I saw these snubs coming, the only surprise was Spotlight for the best picture win, which it deserved over the fucking Revenant but both Room and Fury Road were more deserving.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.