[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it So do I become heroin addict or not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: TRAINSPOTTING_2809300b.jpg (55 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
TRAINSPOTTING_2809300b.jpg
55 KB, 620x387
I don't get it

So do I become heroin addict or not?
>>
>>66478055
no
>>
Yes, then you have to steal money and recover from it.
>>
You have to be really thick to come away from this thinking that its advocating or glamorizing drug use
>>
>>66478055
Only if you're fat

It's a GREAT way to lose weight
>>
I thought the point of the movie was to hate Scotland?
>>
>>66478055

Yes. You have fun with your mates, one friend dies, then you o.d. and have more adventures with your mates, all set to techno music.
>>
krokodil movie when?
>>
>>66478055
no you have to hack the planet
>>
>>66478055
please don't suboxone requires doctors auth for your insurance to pay for it to fill it, you'll come back 2 days later for 'insulin syringes'
>>
>>66478216
Basically this
>be average, do nothing with your life
or
>do drugs, be bad until you quit
>quit drugs, become good until you die
So in a way it is advocating drug use, as long as you plan to have some kind of epiphany after a bit and turn your life around
>>
No, you're not supposed to live in the shittiest parts of Britain.
>>
Yeah, that doesn't happen with Heroin. There was a film maker who decided to try it for a few weeks in order to immerse himself with some junkies for a documentary he was doing and then he would just quit after the film was completed. I think you can guess how that went.
>>
>>66479280
well?
>>
>>66479312
You're kidding, right?
>>
>>66479312

youdensemotherfucker.png
>>
>>66478966
>Getting subs from the doctor
>not buying them from the numerous users who have boxes laying around
>also quitting subs after only 2 days
Its like you are a 15 year old tray smoker.
>>
>>66479376
>>66479395
are you guys meming?
>>
>>66479136
>implying people can quit just like that

Yeah, no.
>>
>>66479490
I don't know what happened to him after but i'm guessing since Heroin is the most addictive drug there is that he got fucked. You can't just quit it either, it's withdrawal effects are literally physically painful.
>>
>>66479540
except they can.
>>
>>66479605
What's his name fampai?
>>
>>66479490

>Film maker tries heroin
>"I think you can guess how that went"

Do you really need somebody else to join the dots for you?
>>
>>66479280
This is pretty normal. Most "addicts" had traumatizing childhoods and the drug makes them feel normal, or good for once. Someone with a good life will rarely become a full blown addict.
They also studied this with rats and cocaine.
>>
>>66479725
>>66479605
its a lot harder to become an addict than you think
>>
>>66479622
>except they can
>90% of heroin users that underwent treatment relapse

Ok friend.
>>
>>66479764
He became an addict for like 10 years after the film ended.
>>
>>66479873

I've been there and back again. Renton is literally me.
You can't tell me shit about heroin
>>
>>66478055
CHOOSE
>>
>>66479998
i admire your dedication then
>>
>>66479943
>90% is not 100%
I hate to split hairs, but don't say its not going to happen when your own stats prove you wrong.
>>
A friend of mine just OD'd less than a month ago on this shit, another friend of mine has been in and out of rehab for the past 5 years and has not gotten in legal trouble only because of his father. Another friend of mines 2 brothers and sister was into that shit too, 1 of the brothers is in jail for robbing a Dairy Queen, the sister is doing ok but most addicts relapse within 2 years and the other brother is still out there doing it.

My opinion is to never start on the shit in the first place. Ruining your life isn't worth the high. If you must do so, wait until you're a senior citizen, then do whataver the fuck you want.
>>
>Based Johnny Lee Miller
>Based Ewan
>Based Vorenus

really solid cast 2bh
>>
>>66479764
>ywn have your life in order as well as a lab rat
>>
>>66479998
Ayy imao. Been there as well. Shall we see the all the silly things the normies say about our one time vice?
>>
>>66480026

Thanks very much. I got clean, got a job that pays well and have a woman who loves me. Many people who try heroin aren't so lucky.
>>
File: riesens.jpg (212 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
riesens.jpg
212 KB, 1600x1200
No, just keep stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth.
>>
>>66480174
>>66479998
To be honest, I don't believe either of you. Every addict that I've known, recovering and current, have never treated it like it was some easy thing to beat. Its always on your back, its a constant struggle. That is why most recovering addicts relapse within 2 years.
>>
>>66480051
Sadly you're too stupid to understand statistics. If you're going to generalize and make sweeping assumptions, at least try to have some knowledge about what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
File: h.png (213 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
h.png
213 KB, 500x281
>>66480148
Forgetting about Adolf Carlyle
>>
>>66480436
Easy senpai, never said it was a walk in the park, but it’s not as hard as its made out to be if you really want to stop. Most users are corralled into stopping before they want to and jump at the first chance they get grab some dope again. The hard part is surprisingly not what you would call withdraws. It’s not fun but it ends in a few days. The hard part is getting used to feeling normal again. It can take weeks. When you use, you know two feelings, being high or being dope sick. You get used to being one of the two, so feeling just normal can be really hard.
>>66480515
Sadly you have no idea what your even talking about. Go back to drugfree.org and grab some more BS info.
>>
>>66480936
I know the physical withdrawal passes "quickly". I used quotes because it feels like eternity for addicts, and I do agree that most people are forced to quit due to legal reasons and therefore not ready to quit on their own and thats why the relapse rate is so high.

If you truly kicked it then I congratulate you and I wish I knew your secret so that I could help my friends. The friend that OD'd that I posted about earlier in this thread was the mother of a young daughter, and she and her father are going through shit I can't even comprehend. Thank you for not putting anyone through that.
>>
>>66481311
I wish it was as easy as telling you a secret. When kicked it I asked a lot of the older users the best ways. It seems silly because they were still using, but a lot of them had to quit for long periods of time before they went into jail. If they can kick it for 6 months, I can kick it for good was my reasoning, and it worked out for me. Biggest part is you have to want to quit, a lot of users will say this, then go out and buy a sack, then say it again after they’re high and repeat. That’s not really wanting to quit.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.