[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come nobody cares that S4 is starting soon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: netflix-house-of-cards.jpg (151 KB, 620x458) Image search: [Google]
netflix-house-of-cards.jpg
151 KB, 620x458
How come nobody cares that S4 is starting soon?
>>
Season 3 was a trainwreck and season 2 was lackluster.

The goodwill the show garnered from season 1 could only last so long.
>>
>two seasons left
>show creator leaving before the last season
it's not exciting to watch a show die
>>
Because it has become a mockery of itself.
I'll watch it, sure, but I'm not excited enough to make /tv/ threads about it.
>>
>>66446481
Season 1 was poorly written.

>invincible congressmen effortlessly bests limpdicked president and manipulates rookie reporter/whore

At least in seasons 2 and 3 Underwood had to face real challenges.

My point is not to say that 2 and 3 are better than 1. I'm suggesting that it has always been mediocre, and the reasons for mediocrity have varied across the seasons.
>>
>>66446438
i'll watch it if notPutin is in this season. he was fucking great.
>>
At this point, whatever happens in season 4 of house of cards will be more believable than the current state of U.S. politics
>>
>>66446553
explain?

wiki says he did S4
>>
>>66447002
yeah, season 5 has been confirmed and he won't be a part of it
>>
>>66447015
oh well
>>
>>66446438

Because reality is so much more interesting than fiction right now.
>>
>>66446553
Well Season 3 sucked so maybe a new showrunner is a good idea.

>Frank Pugliese and Melissa James Gibson have been tapped to take over showrunning duties on the streaming giant's political drama
>Pugliese and Gibson boarded House of Cards as senior writers in season three

Son of a bitch.
>>
>>66447043
Non american here i literally dont give a shit about merrican politics
>>
>>66447015

So House of Cards is going down the Dexter road?

pls no
>>
Season 3, compared to the other 2 seasons, was boring (not to say I that I didn't like it). It felt like nothing was happening.

I'm looking forward to Season 4 however now that they have gotten the boring shit out of the way.
>>
How many cocks will he suck this season?
>>
>>66446563
season 1, serious conniving politician, ends up killing a guy to advance his plans but hadn't planned on it and was rather hesitant to do it

season 2, almost instantly murders nosy reporter himself in cold blood

the drop from season 1 to 2 was serious, he went from someone believable to a literally total monster who has no issue killing anyone and everyone if needed to get his way.
>>
File: IANasFU.jpg (34 KB, 617x347) Image search: [Google]
IANasFU.jpg
34 KB, 617x347
Because the American version of this show is a boring bloated mess that isn't any fun and isn't nearly as strange as its predecessor.

Urquhart > Underwood for now and always.
>>
>>66447108

You should start, just for fun. It is an absolute shit show for all parties involved.
>>
>>66446563
it wasn't amazing but I think it was still really good an interesting.

I think Spacey alone made it worth it, but S2 was lackluster and I did not like 3. I'll still watch 4 but I doubt it will be that good

>>66447306
wtf kind of name is Urquhart, sounds Nigerian or something
>>
>>66447108
hey thanks for letting everyone know
>>
File: DisdainForCommoners.jpg (15 KB, 220x282) Image search: [Google]
DisdainForCommoners.jpg
15 KB, 220x282
>>66447355
>wtf kind of name is Urquhart, sounds Nigerian or something

On second thoughts probably stay away from the original, its not pleb friendly.
>>
Because the show fell apart once Frank became president.
>>
>>66447509
just asking a question, buddy
>>
>>66447560
The show fell apart once frank turned into a serial killer homosexual.
>>
>>66447262
>someone believable

Not really. It is completely unbelievable that Underwood pulled all the shit he pulled in S1 without anyone raising an eyebrow. At least in S2 they addressed this.
>>
>>66447689
He was gay in S1, fag. lrn2watchtelevisionshowsandfollowthem
>>
>>66447566
>>66447355
it's scottish gaelic. pronounced "urk it"
>>
how season 3 sucked? I thought it was great
>>
>>66446563
>At least in seasons 2 and 3 Underwood had to face real challenges.

Except that's not what happens at all. He kills 20 people and always gets away with it.
>>
The show jumped the shark when the fucking vice president cared to stain his own hands and go kill a random journo at a public train station
>>
>>66447836
thanks man

>>66448062
I really don't like using terms like 'jump the shark' but I do think you're right. The show kind of changed its tone. It got less comfy
>>
>>66446481
Season 3 only seemed like a trainwreak to me. Seemed more like a set up season for season 4. But we'll see.
>>
>>66448062
>cared to stain his own hands
That had to happen. It's the original's definition moment.
>>
>>66447262
He was always a monster. He showed, through his actions in season 1, that he'd do whatever it takes to gain power.
>>
>>66447509
Have you read the books? How do they stack against the TV show ?
>>
>>66447105
It looks like senior writers just decide the premise and the finale and a bit in between that the other writers have to fill. Hopefully they run out of social justice pandering plot points to pepper in but judging by reality, I doubt it.
>>
>>66447262
He's a psychopath.
>>
>>66446438

s3 was shit

i'll still watch it but I really don't have much hopes

especially with the trailer promising it's all about frank and claire's divorce

the fact that they were always united was the core of the series in s1-2 desu

if the clintons wouldnt divorce why would they
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.