[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vikings thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: vlcsnap-2016-02-27-19h57m56s278.png (494 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-02-27-19h57m56s278.png
494 KB, 1280x720
What does /tv/ think of the new season ? And why is it the best ?
>>
>>66435099

Liking it so far.

Also, why is Gilsa so mean to Rollo ;_;
>>
>>66435191
Shes playing hard to get. She wants the bear cock.
>>
>>66435219
>>66435219
>bear cock

What?
>>
>>66435446
She wants her barbarian husband to invade her virgin territories
>>
>>66435099
I stopped watching after season 2

Does it get better? I really loved the first season
>>
>>66435753
Season 3 kinda sucked, season 4 is GOAT so far
>>
>vikings
>spend most of the show discussing Wessex and Paris intrigues

I don't understand
>>
>>66436121

That's because you are stupid. This entire show depicts a part of the history of Europe (dark ages) that was rarely talked about in film or shows. So it's normal that they show many civilizations. I really hope we'll see eastern Europe (Russia, Khazaria) and maybe Constantinople in the upcoming seasons (vikings went there)
>>
Rollo is finally on the good side
>>
>>66436365
>le dark ages maymay

I actually don't disagree with you
>>
>>66435099
I know Rollo is supposed to be the first duke of Normandy so I don't know how they're going to work their way out of all of the Norse in France being killed, unless Rollo fully converts to Christianity. Other than that breddy gud.
>>
>>66437684
To qualify, I meant if there's no threat of nearby Norse settlements what's to stop the Franks just killing Rollo straight off.
>>
File: TALK SHIT.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
TALK SHIT.webm
2 MB, 854x480
So satisfying.
>>
>>66437755
Best scene of the episode
>>
File: image.png (206 KB, 296x397) Image search: [Google]
image.png
206 KB, 296x397
Why is she so perfect?
>>
File: pepe4.jpg (12 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
pepe4.jpg
12 KB, 250x241
>>66437755
>tumblrinas will complain that he did something wrong
>>
>>66437755
based Ragnar, putting bitch in her place
>>
>>66439062
Also they got rid of stronk womyn Porunn, best decision they made. I hope it will make tumblrinas mad
>>
>>66439050
dumb bitch
>>
>>66435099
>2016 still watching the History Channel.
>>
>>66436365
>"dark ages"
You amerifats are offensively stupid
>>
So by the end of the season will Ragnar be dead and Bjorn in Sweden?

Also, I though it was dumb how Floki's daughter died "just cause".
>>
>>66435099
Rollo killing all his men was dumb as fuck. The French should have had him executed right afterwards since he is now useless to them.

Dumb as fuck convenient writing for the sake of plot without any internal consistency.
>>
>>66437723
There isn't one, but the writers didn't give a fuck. It would have required a lot of changes anyway. Rollo was an actual leader of an army, not just a the brother of one. He and his men were an actual threat to France, they aren't in the show.

All of that should be happening much later in history anyway too, decades after the supposed Ragnar-like figure. The problem is that for this to work Rollo would need to be in Ragnar's place, but the writers already made Rollo his brother.
>>
>Ragnar saying "Winter is coming"

top kek
>>
>>66443136
this, it made no sense
>>
>>66443136
>Rollo killing all his men was dumb as fuck
this, to be honest
>>
>>66441614
Don't try to teach me about history, I know about it more than you do. Also i'm European. And I know the Dark ages weren't like their name. I was referring at that particular part of European history that occurred after the fall of the Western Roman Empire. I'm sure you're some of these stupid fucks that think that Europe wasn't a shithole during the first part of the Middle Ages. I've got bad news for you m8
>>
>>66444189

>implying they were not planning on killing him themselves when he came

he saw right through their trap
>>
>>66444067
I immediately paused the show and went on my favourite subreddit - /tv/, to make something called a "Shitposting Meme thread" about it. It was glorious, /b/rother.
>>
>>66435099
Dude why did rollo turn on his people again? Did I miss something?
>>
>>66446644
Well you see, historically Rollo ended up being pretty important in French history. The show doesn't want to go against a major historical event like that, so they had to come up with a way to put him on the path of the historical Rollo, no matter how stupid and irrational that path may be in the show.
>>
>>66444516
> I'll have you know.
>>
>>66446644
He felt betrayed because Ragnar didnt tell him his plan of faking his own death.
>>
>>66435099
The battle between Wessex and Mercia was pretty based.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.