[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X-Files Season 10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 94055.jpg (437 KB, 1620x2400) Image search: [Google]
94055.jpg
437 KB, 1620x2400
I never liked the 'monster of the week' episodes in the older seasons, but I don't remember them being this shit.

Lizardperson were-human, sculpture come to life, placebo magic mushroom lets you speak with the dead...
>>
>>66208857
I was really excited for it but I stopped watching after episode 2 and now I feel bad
>>
I haven't watched this yet but based on those monsters it sounds great.
>>
>>66208857
>I never liked the 'monster of the week' episodes in the older seasons
I like how you state this like you understand the consensus or that it makes any kind of sense. The mytharc eps were fucking terrible and lousy with the exact same type of 'not quite a retcon but might as well be' writing that was in this season.
>>
>>66209115
The Mytharcs from 1-6 werent terrible but they have a complete lack of continuity and some of them were pretty dull.
>>
My problem with it is they don't really give the new episodes time to breathe. I don't know if they're actually shorter or if they're trying to jam in too much side plot, but they don't really feel as focused as the older episodes.
>>
>>66208857
>I didn't like 80% of the entire x-file show

>>66208992
Go catch up right now! Last ep airs Monday and you should livewatch with /tv/

>>66210063
They need to add material to give substance to the fact that Mulder and Scully have been through so much shit over like 20 years, and show how the world and their relationships with other people are different. So yeah, it's rushed, but still we were given x-files again and it's better than I thought it was going to be.
>>
>>66208857
yea but the Were-lizard was the absolute highlight of the series.
>>
>episodic television is bad
>self contained stories with a beginning middle and end is bad
>no no, I need long, boring, bloated filler arcs that the writer obviously just makes up as he goes along with little teeny tiny crumbs of "substance" doled out at a time that ultimately ends in a rushed, unsatisfying conclusion when the show in inevitably cancelled due to viewer boredom
You ruined television
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.