[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X Files
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 171x253) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 171x253
tut tut tut:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/23/entertainment/gillian-anderson-pay-gap-x-files-feat/
>>
and people still think we don't live in a patriarchy
baka
>>
Lead actors are irreplacable. They are the show. Actresses could be swapped out for a new younger model every year and it wouldn't lower viewership one bit. Only in a SJW world could it ever be appropriate for an actress to be paid the same as the leading man.
>>
>>66172599
Right but they are both the leads.
>>
File: 1455581396261.gif (2 MB, 470x310) Image search: [Google]
1455581396261.gif
2 MB, 470x310
>>66172448
I don't get it. She wanted her character to have a more important standing in the show and she wanted to be payed for it as much as Duchovny was being payed.

I get the feminist undertones, but I choose to ignore them, because I think the pay and equal importance of the characters is the real reason for her "fight".

She probably thinks that it was because of "muh equality" and all that. I don't believe that.

>even if she is a feminist, she's still cute af
>>
File: x-files-season-9.jpg (400 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
x-files-season-9.jpg
400 KB, 1200x800
>>66172448
It is bullshit that they wanted to pay her less money than Duchovny though. They're both equally as important on the show.

I get all the chauvinistic shit of them paying her less and walking behind the male character in the 90s but these days that shouldn't be allowed. She's one of two main characters.
>>
>>66172682
Yet one is far more valuable to the show than the other. You could put a bullet to Gillian Anderson's head and cast some hot young slut and no one would care outside of SJWs. But get rid of Duchovony and it's not x-files any more and people will reject it. History has proven this already.
>>
TAKBIIIIIR
>>
>>66172749
>You could put a bullet to Gillian Anderson's head and cast some hot young slut and no one would care outside of SJWs
I would've cared.
>Scully a cute
>>
>>66172448

So, essentially, all this means is that her agent sucks? I refuse to feel sorry about any of this bullshit about hollywood pay gap when wages are negotiated. If you got payed way less for what the role really deserved then you need to get a better agent for settling for less. It's not like the show would have done well if she hadn't returned, she couldn't have used that leverage for equal pay? Puhlease.
>>
>>66172857
>I would've cared.
Because you are a millennial product of your SJW environment. If you cut down trees, kill your own food, and know how to sail a boat then you wouldn't care.
>>
>>66172749
>History has proven this already
really? when?
>>
>>66172925
what kind of retard would bother learning that useless shit? this aint fallout 4 kiddo
>>
>was a no-name when she started
>David Duchovney already had a good career
>WAHHHH PAY GAP OPPRESION
>>
>>66172925
>Because you are a millennial product of your SJW environment.
/pol/ please go

scullys character is just as important to the show. she's one of the few women on tv who was actually a well drawn out human being that didn't try to pander with the usual "super female agent can do anything a man can but better".

if anderson had left instead of duchovny in the last seasons the show would have suffered. they tried to add another female and she was awful. the t-1000 was also a horrible replacement for duchovny. it was the 2 together that made the show what it was.
>>
>>66172448
>every time a woman earns less than a man its oppression
>>
>>66173015
When Duchovony quit and the viewship plummeted until they went crawling back with a bigger paycheck.
>>
>>66172925
>Because you are a millennial product of your SJW environment. If you cut down trees, kill your own food, and know how to sail a boat then you wouldn't care.
Nope, I am not. I grew up in the Balkans, fuckface. No SJW shite here. So, by extension that means I do cut down trees for firewood myself and I do kill my own food. Never learned to sail a boat, though. Rural Balkans, too. Rough shit.

I would've cared because I don't think any hot, young redhead at the time could've sufficed, same way any young, handsome, thick-haired man could've sufficed for the role of Mulder.
>>
who cares she accepted it
its not like she fought for it
anyways anybody know how much they got paid for the first 9 seasons? i believe the 'gap' is the same
>>
>>66173194
>No SJW shite here.
The rest of your post says otherwise. Women are products, ultilized only for their looks. If you put any value in them outside of their reproductive capabilities then you are a cuck. I'd slaughter every women on the planet without a second thought though. Men though are capable of talent and intelligence.
>>
>>66173334
>ALL THAT EDGE
it's okay to be gay you dont need to hate women because of it senpai
>>
>>66173334
>being this edgy
>>
>>66172448
>"equal pay for equal work,"
Yeah her performance was totes equal to Duchovny's. Totes.
Fucking delusional.
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36 KB, 625x626
>>66173334
>>
>>66173334
>The rest of your post says otherwise.
How so, tardaroo?
>Women are products, ultilized only for their looks.
Not always.
>If you put any value in them outside of their reproductive capabilities then you are a cuck.
Looks. You said it yourself.
>I'd slaughter every women on the planet without a second thought though.
Butt-hurt virgin edgy fedora detected.
>Men though are capable of talent and intelligence.
So are some women. Most men and women are of average intelligence, meaning dumb as fuck. While there are more capable men in the world than women, instead of shitting around generalizing, we should try to make men AND women more intelligent and capable of reason and understanding.
>>
>>66173369
>>66173432
Gays are as degenerate as females, nice try. No more edgy to kill a woman after she has exhausted her birthing capabilities than it is slaughtering a racehorse that's past its prime. Semen goes in, babies come out. Maybe that baby will be a male and therefore capable of great things. Or maybe it will be another baby machine. They have no value beyond that.
>>
>>66173454
She was just as good, maybe even better than Hank Moody.
>>
File: 456.jpg (35 KB, 310x336) Image search: [Google]
456.jpg
35 KB, 310x336
Noone cares about Duchovny
I love x-files and i am watching the new series solely because of Anderson
>>
File: 398.png (151 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
398.png
151 KB, 450x300
>>66173561
>>
>>66173536
>How so, tardaroo?
You think it is possible for a female to have value. SJW/cuck mindset.

>women
>capable of talent or intelligence
KEKEKKEKEKEK

Even the most sophisticated female on the planet will be a simulacrum of even an unremarkable male.
>>
File: 61a.png (112 KB, 764x706) Image search: [Google]
61a.png
112 KB, 764x706
>>66173639
>>
>>66173723
You are the cucked >muh female feelings beta. I was the dominant alpha king of my highschool. I had my pick of any girl I wanted. I'd cum in them and beat them up and they've come begging for more.
>>
>>66173590
>Noone cares about Duchovny
Except every x-files fan outside of millitant SJWs.
>>
File: 9ab.png (90 KB, 618x618) Image search: [Google]
9ab.png
90 KB, 618x618
>>66173825
>>
>>66173825
>>66173869
Whatever you say, bud.
>>
>>66173577
Duchovony fell flat on his face multiple times when called to do more intense performances during the X Files but there's a reason Gillian never even got asked to do those scenes.
She can't even pretend to be scared half the time.
>>
File: 338470-bait.jpg (54 KB, 670x503) Image search: [Google]
338470-bait.jpg
54 KB, 670x503
>>66174221
gotta catch em all
>>
>>66174291
>it's bait to think Gillian is inexpressive
Shit I guess Mom was bating back in the 90s before it was cool.

You know I watched the episode where she gives cancer man the disk yesterday. The one where the sniper starts shooting her when she's in the boat. She could not look less worried.
>>
>>66172682

no they are not

they are only in it for the first season
>>
>>66173147

agents negotiate pay

stop being obsessed with /pol/ and fuck off back to tumblr
>>
>>66172448
She has a photogenic face but she never looks that good on the show...
>>
>>66173590
Except that Mulder is the way more fleshed-out character (Scully is an absolute one-note character. Always has been) and Duchovny actually aged better than Anderson. Face it.
>>
File: gillian anderson net worth.jpg (43 KB, 583x291) Image search: [Google]
gillian anderson net worth.jpg
43 KB, 583x291
poor rich celebrities ;__;
>>
>that ugly fucking replacement scully and her face warts

I was fine with the replacement Mulder. Kind of reminded me of Francis York Morgan.
That fucking ginger though goddamn.
>>
>>66172739
The janitor probably wanted that too, you going to pay him duchovny money?
>>
>>66177433
Same as Brendan's.
>>
Normally I'd say your paid what your worth but Duchovny's wooden as fuck and has been a literal who since X Files.
>>
Anderson can actually act though
>>
MUSH
>>
>>66172448
GOD

DAMN IT

HERE WE FUCKING GO AGAIN

I KNEW SHE WAS A AN IDIOT BACK THEN

AND SHE STILL A AN IDIOT TODAY
>>
ROOM
>>
>that entire last episode

The three before it were just fine. What the fuck happened?
>>
I haven't watched the new shit. Did they bring back the lone gunmen?
>>
>>66172448

This all seems very reasonable, they both should get payed the same and shes not crying or bitching about it either just stating facts. Im glad it worked out in the end.
>>
>>66177797
They were in the last episode.
In the most retarded dream sequence you will ever see.
>>
File: John_Doggett_Photo.jpg (13 KB, 340x255) Image search: [Google]
John_Doggett_Photo.jpg
13 KB, 340x255
>>66173015
Did you even watch the xfiles?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.