[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Budget: $44 million Box office: $61 million What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 11
File: the-hateful-eight-poster1.jpg (123 KB, 535x731) Image search: [Google]
the-hateful-eight-poster1.jpg
123 KB, 535x731
Budget: $44 million
Box office: $61 million

What went wrong? It needed to make at least $100 million to be profitable (movie theatres take 50% + marketing costs). Django made over $400 million.

Why'd it bomb so hard?
>>
WARM
BLACK
DINGUS
>>
>>64912816
screener got leaked
>>
>Watching it now
>1 hour in
>nigger been said like 200 times
>>
>>64912816
>Why'd it bomb so hard?
Because it wasn't as good as Django Unchained or Inglorious Bastards or even fucking Death Proof for that matter.
>>
>>64912870
>browsing /tv/ in the middle of the movie
You're doomed to be a pleb
>>
If it didn't have the Tarantino "style" polish on it, it would definitely not be a mainsteam movie.
>>
Because it was released around the same time as Star Wars, obviously. It's not a great movie either.
>>
I liked it. /tv/ is just scared of big black cuckers
>>
I can't imagine Tarantino has to struggle to get his movies funded. You'd think that the success of Django will have bought him several mediocre box office vanity projects before he needs to worry.

If PTA can keep making the films he wants to make surely Quentin can.

For the poor performance of Hateful Eight I'd say the concept was a harder sell and there was also an element of genre fatigue. My first reaction to hearing he was making a western again was disappointment.

Also the trailer looked bad and it doesn't have any box office drawers in the the cast.
>>
>>64912816
No one cares about the 30mm meme.
>>
>>64912870
why is Tarantino so racist?
>>
>>64912816
Isn't that the movie with Adam Sandler as an indian?
>>
It was released in Europe few days ago.
>>
Movie theaters don't take 50%.
>>
>>64913029
>genre fatigue
except western isn't exactly an overused genre. now if he made a zombie movie or a capeshit movie I could see genre fatigue. I suspect people are beginning to realize that QT either only cares to or is only capable of making the same type of flick he always has.
>>
>>64912942
Jackie Brown is far less pleb enabler and even that movie did good business...not a blockbuster but made a lot of money back. The only thing that may turn casuals off in this movie is the apparently senseless violence against the woman in the beggining and also the very few locations and big ammount of dialogs for such a long movie

If the movie was 2 hours long it would've been an average and easily digestible movie
>>
>>64913131
isn't it more like 10%?
>>
>>64912870
Tarantino has such smart writing.
>>
>>64913131
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_distribution

>The movie theater pays an average of about 50-55% of its ticket sales to the movie studio
>>
>>64913029
PTA is finding trouble financing his movies lately, though he is rich as fuck and can easily make movies with his own money if he wanted to. same goes for Tarantino
>>
>>64913235
box office includes the theater rate
>>
File: quentin.png (984 KB, 1214x1240) Image search: [Google]
quentin.png
984 KB, 1214x1240
Will 2016 be the year that he snaps?

How can we save him?
>>
>>64913031
70?
>>
>>64912816

>movie theatres take 50% + marketing costs).

No.
>>
>>64912816

Tarantino got a lot of bad press for shit talking police
>>
Cause it takes almost am hour for things to start going
>>
Cause Tarantino thought it was a great idea to release at the same time as Star Wars
>>
>>64912816
>(movie theatres take 50% + marketing costs)
Wow, you're clueless.
>>
>>64913383
more like free press,
and i don't think that his audience loves the cops anyway

basically he released the film too close to star wars' release and people may be getting tired of his schick
>>
File: MMMMM.jpg (16 KB, 423x340) Image search: [Google]
MMMMM.jpg
16 KB, 423x340
>>
>>64913541
Explain why.
>>
Here we can find anon being retarded and not understanding how box office success is measured with movies that aren't Avatar
>>
>>64913157
I don't have a problem with Westerns, I just thought Tarantino was repeating himself doing another Western right after Django. The settings for his movies have been all over the place starting with Kill Bill.

After having watched the movie it's a non issue for me since it was suitably different to Django in format.
>>
>>64912870
>A NIGGER???
>>
>>64913850
Here we find the redditor being a redditor in a place that isn't reddit.

baka
>>
>>64913313

>full of misogynists

Next they will complain a movie set in the antebellum south is racist
>>
>>64914033
I find racism in films to be problematic
>>
>>64912816

Nothing went wrong. It's QT's biggest pleb filter yet.
>>
>>64913815
movie theaters make the majority of their money from concessions
>>
>>64913815
It's true that at the time the split was between 25/50% of ticket sales going to the theater but since the internet the industry changed in a much better and efficient way than let's say the music industry, who wouldn't let go of the old fashioned way of their business.
Ticket sales account for less than 15% in terms of revenue for movie theaters. Since 2010 they make most of their money the same way everybody else does: ads. I won't go into detail but if you know about how ads basically run the world now, then you know how movie theaters make money. And when talking about Star Wars which is 90% marketing...
>>
>>64912816
It was a shit movie.
>>
this >>64912853

combined with >>64913029
>>
File: alwaysbeencaretaker-1432321723.gif (497 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
alwaysbeencaretaker-1432321723.gif
497 KB, 500x281
>>64913994
A nigger cook.
>>
>>64913029

this
>>
>>64912816
>screener got leaked
>movie wasn't even that good was kinda boring.

STAR WARS!!!
>>
>>64912870
I hereby constipulate that dissun here... NIGGER.... could NOT... possibly have ay leddur... from PRESIDENT AYBRAHAM LINCOHLN
>>
>>64912816
it got boycotted.
>>
>>64912816

>movie theatres take 50%

They take barely anything, m8. Their money all comes from concessions and ads
>>
Was Samuel L Jackson meme acting as himself in this movie or did he give a real performance?
>>
>>64913567
Dude nobody likes cops

Traffipax is like white people holocaust for how much they complain about it
>>
>three hours long
>a bunch of people talking in a room
gee, I wonder, OP
>>
>>64914853
All of his characters are Samuel L. Jackson variants to some extent, but I would say this was one of his best performances. I thought he really brought the character to life and I saw him as Major Marquis Warren rather than Samuel L. Jackson in a cavalry uniform.
>>
>>64914879
When you grow up Tyler, you will realize what a dumbshit you were.
>>
>>64912816

>shot in 70mm
>entire film is marketed based on 70mm
>takes place in one room
>70mm
>one room

Bravo, 'tino. Bravo.
>>
>>64913815

How do you think this works?
>>
>>64914912
Does Samuel L Jackon make any effort for anybody but Quentin? I only see him play real characters in his movies. Everything else is Danny Trejo level "and meme man, as himself" type crap.
>>
>>64913254

That's because he's too deep into his wannabe Pynchon phase, when he should be making something like Boogie Nights again.
>>
>>64912816
He's always been shit.
The market is catching up.
>>
Because there was 9 characters. WHICH ONE WAS NOT HATEFUL!
>>
>>64912816
It fucking sucks and everyone is sick of cuckitino. His last 6 movies have sucked.
>>
>>64912816
Today is the premiere in Poland and we like Tarantino desu
So there is still time ;)
>>
>>64914917
Only time I hear anyone praise cops is when they beat minorities or save a cat
>>
>>64913567
>>64914879

I'm his audience. I like cops.
>>
>>64915001
>That's because he's too deep into his wannabe Pynchon phase
You mean the one Pynchon adaptation he did?
>he should be making something like Boogie Nights again.
You mean IMDB sensibility shit?
>>
>>64915017

O.B.
>>
>>64915017
Who was it?Tantum?
>>
>>64915072

>>he should be making something like Boogie Nights again.
>You mean IMDB sensibility shit?

Don't pretend Boogie Nights isn't GOAT tier.
>>
>>64912816
They've already won, 60 million bucks, 20 million profit and it's brand new. Wait till it matures and ends up on tv, ppv, hbo and blu-ray

The movie could be total crap and it'll still sell
>>
>>64915136
It's his least interesting movie (not counting Hard Eight because who gives a fuck about that) Tarantino level "movie buff" masturbation. The capeshit infant leagues compared to Inherent Vice.
>>
>>64912816
This film honestly felt like a reset button to me. Yeah he's done this genre before but he went with casting actors he hardly knew along side actors that aren't very famous but that he likes working with. It seemed like a work of experimentation but also a bit of a call back to when he was not so famous to be expected to work with A listers only. I think this anon is right. >>64913029 and his next films are probably going to be on par with pulp fiction and django in success and quality.
>>
>>64912816
Probably something to do with white people getting tired of being painted as evil racists.
>>
>>64915234
>on par with pulp fiction and django in success and quality.
>on par with his best movie and his worst movie in terms of quality

What?
>>
>>64912816
It'll run in theatres until end of February. Then it'll have oversees releases. Then it'll come out on Blu-ray.

I don't think they are worried.

>>64912875
Also, you're a pleb. Hateful Eight is one of Tarantino's best work dude. Much better than Django which is basically nigger empowerment bullshit.
>>
>>64915229

>"movie buff" masturbation

As if that's a bad thing? As if that's not how all movies should be made?

>capeshit infant leagues compared to Inherent Vice

Get the fuck outta here.
>>
>>64915346
>Much better than Django which is basically nigger empowerment bullshit.
Said while defending WARM BLACK DINGUS
>>
Too bad for Kurt Russell.
>>
>>64913513
Probably this, tho
>>
>>64913029

>I can't imagine Tarantino has to struggle to get his movies funded.

For real though - did he witness Harvey Weinstein committing a murder back in the '90s, or something? Tarantino can literally just shit out a script, and Weinstein will greenlight a $20-70 million budget and studio distribution without a second thought. It's true that he's never had a big flop, but he's not exactly blockbuster-tier either, and I can't think of any other current American filmmakers who get their weird personal visions funded/supported this easily. Director/studio relationships like this just don't exist anymore. Somebody definitely owes somebody a huge favor
>>
>>64913513
this
>>
>>64915365
>As if that's a bad thing?
Among the worst things a motion picture can be. It is the reddit approach to cinema. Giving your audience a nice little upvoting pat on the head for being le cool movie buff and understanding all the little homages and references. Anti-art.

Real cinema makes no concessions towards audience enjoyment. I saw both Boogie Nights and Inherent Vice in theaters. Boogie Nights ended in applause. Inherent Vice had 75% of the theater walking out before the end. That's how you know Boogie Nights was pandering schlock and Vice was challenging art.

PTA just outgrew viewers like you. I'm guessing you're still just a teenager who came to his back catalogue late. There is still time for you to develop your taste and outgrow your juvenile pro-entertainment sensibilities.
>>
>>64915388
yeah that story was fake. All of the dialogue in the film eluded to Jackson's character making up a story in order to kill the old guy. Not sure if you've seen the film or not kid. Not to mention, Tarantino castrates that nigger anyways. Literally get's his balls blown off. How fucking stupid are you?
>>
>>64915612

>don't worry guys, I'm pretty sure Tarantino hates black people as much as I do, it's okay to watch the movie guys
>>
>>64915453
Tarantino is a great brand name to be associated with. You don't make your big money with his releases but he's a trendy prestige item. The people's auteur.
>>
>>64915453
I think Weinstein just wants some prestige and class for his studio and Tarantino brings him festival awards and shit.
>>
>>64915656

I dunno man. Even Martin Scorsese still has to fight uphill to get a movie funded. NOBODY has a deal like Tarantino. The guy basically has direct access to Weinstein's checkbook.
>>
>>64912901
M8 it's been leaked for a month now
>>
>>64915556

>Among the worst things a motion picture can be. It is the reddit approach to cinema. Giving your audience a nice little upvoting pat on the head for being le cool movie buff and understanding all the little homages and references. Anti-art.

I'm not talking about little homages and references. I'm talking about being a student of the art and loving the art and realizing why it's made in the first place.

>Real cinema makes no concessions towards audience enjoyment. I saw both Boogie Nights and Inherent Vice in theaters. Boogie Nights ended in applause. Inherent Vice had 75% of the theater walking out before the end. That's how you know Boogie Nights was pandering schlock and Vice was challenging art.
>Real cinema
>Challenging art

Oh here we go. Another try hard telling us what's real cinema and what's not. Jesus Christ, you film students are insufferable. Only an underage film student who can't legally drink yet can go see two movies, one that ends in applause and one that has 75% of the theater walk out before the end, and conclude that the first won was the "bad" one.

>PTA just outgrew viewers like you. I'm guessing you're still just a teenager who came to his back catalogue late. There is still time for you to develop your taste and outgrow your juvenile pro-entertainment sensibilities.

Welp. This conversation's over. Trolled me good, bro. Trolled me good.
>>
>>64915768
>Tarantino brings
>prestige and class

The average movie goer ladies and gentleman
>>
>>64916004
In the real world, underaged kid, people actually consider Tarantula patrician and yeah, he does brought a Golden Palm and Oscars.
>>
>>64915880
We live in a disgusting age of intellectual degeneracy. Where the capeshit video game flick is king. To enabling these audiences is a sign of a shill hack. To confront them, to break them, to send them running home, that is the sign of an artist.
>Welp. This conversation's over. Trolled me good, bro. Trolled me good.
There was nothing wrong or even inflammatory about what I said in that last part. Boogie Nights was the work of a technically skilled director who was still adolescent in sensibility. That's why it's his most accessible work. Over time he has honed his craft, found his own identity and became capable of producing more sophisticated cinema.

If you haven't yet undergone extensive cinematic training then I could understand how you'd enjoy Boogie Nights and dislike Vice and The Master. You're not yet equipped to appreciate them. This is not meant to be an insult, but words of encouragement. You can still mature and leave your childish things behind, your boogie nights, your video games. Don't cling to your past because of emotion. Never hold on to anything. Destroy emotion. Always step towards refinement. This is my life advice to you. In terms of both cinema and your existence in general. Never be afraid to burn what makes you feel good. It is only holding you back.
>>
>>64916149

Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself. And it's a shame you won't realize it for another decade or two.
>>
>>64916004
Your own personal opinion of Tarantino doesn't even enter into it. Audiences know who he is and love his movies and he gets you awards attention.
>>
>>64916149

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but you're basically so far at the opposite end of the spectrum, that you've turned into exactly the type of consumer you're complaining about. You're just as easily duped and manipulated, you're just looking to be antagonized rather than entertained. You can't even admit the merits of a movie like "Boogie Nights," simply because it holds too much appeal for the "entertainment" crowd. You're like one of those guys on /r9k/ who doesn't want any woman that isn't an untouched virgin - once a movie has been "defiled" by the enjoyment of the "Reddit" masses, you can't even look at it again, no matter how good it is.

I'll bet you're the type of guy who recommends Von Trier and Haneke to his friends and family
>>
>>64912816
It sucked ass, just like Django.

I couldn't stop laughing at "Chapter 4" when Cuckintino himself starts giving a monologue to explain how his shitty story even makes sense.
>>
>>64912816
>What went wrong?

QUENTIN KUCKOLDINOS KUCK FETISH THAT HE HAMFISTS INTO ALL HIS MOVIES NOW

HES LOUIS C KUCK TIER
>>
>>64912816
its being debuted in a lot of countries today, so maybe it will end up being profitable
>>
It has a lot of things working against it, like it's poor marketing, repetative nature (another western after Django), and the fa t that it's releasing next to Star Wars.

It also doesn't help that it's not very good.
>>
>>64913254
PTA is worth around $40-50 million. Are you shitting me? If he ever invested up to $20 million, he'd be fucked. Not to mention taxes as well. George Lucas, back in the 80s, invested everything he had for ESB and was $30 million in debt.

Point being, putting your own money in Hollywood films is retarded, unless it's a micro budget indie film.
>>
>>64916482

It's also about three hours long, which is a long-ass time to be stuck in a theater seat watching some creepy nerd's antisocial violent race-war fantasy
>>
>>64916353
>And it's a shame you won't realize it for another decade or two.
I can guarantee that I'm a decade or two older than you are.
>>64916388
If it was "good" in the first place then it never could have provided enjoyment to degenerates. You decide whether your film is going to be pro-art or pro-audience upfront. If you make a film that enables the anti-intellectualisms then you've failed to make quality cinema at step one. There is no defilement. If it was quality cinema in the first place then reddit wouldn't be able to get anywhere near it.
>>
>>64916580

>I can guarantee that I'm a decade or two older than you are.

You can't. You won't. And you aren't.
>>
>>64915453
Bravo Nolan and Warner Bros have a good relationship. It all comes down to bankability, track record and an niche audience.
>>
>>64916580

>You decide whether your film is going to be pro-art or pro-audience upfront

My point was, it's utterly ridiculous for you to draw a line like that to begin with, when there are so many great films that blur the boundary.

You're like a devout, Dawkins-worshipping, unquestioning preachy atheist who attacks religious people for the stupidity of "blind faith." You can't see your own hypocrisy
>>
>>64916718
>when there are so many great films that blur the boundary.
There is less ambiguity than you think. All you need to do is look at the faces of the audience members to know which side of the art/entertainment dichotomy the film has landed on.
>>
>>64916646

But that's because Nolan took on three Batman movies and made a fortune for the studio. They never would've financed "Inception" or "Interstellar" if he hadn't been doing a great job with Batman. Tarantino ONLY does personal passion projects, and I don't think he's ever even had a script turned down since his "Pulp Fiction" days. He's talked about some projects that never came to fruition, but it seems like if he actually finishes a script, Weinstein backs it, no question about it.

His financial track record is surprisingly solid, so I'm not saying it all has to be some kind of conspiracy. It's just a very unusual and shockingly lucky setup for a director like Quentin
>>
>>64916847

Sounds like an easy, reliable way to avoid forming your own opinions
>>
>>64916984
My opinion doesn't matter. If a film pleases more people than it alienates then it has done more harm than good. If it alienates more people than it pleases then it is a positive force in the film world.
>>
>>64914094
>I find racism in films to be problematic

Unless it's against whites, of course...
>>
>>64916946

Not to mention that Weinstein is notorious for micro-managing his filmmakers, especially in post-production, and slashing down runtimes to marketable lengths. Even established auteurs with prestige get this treatment. Not Quentin, though. Quentin can write his least marketable film to date, and release a 3-hour cut with an intermission distributed on fucking 70mm film prints. Dialogue scenes running on into eternity.

I mean, come the fuck on. He HAS to have some kind of leverage on Weinstein. It just doesn't happen like this for ANY other director.
>>
Tarantino's worst movie.
>>
File: rlm_ricky_dicky.gif (307 KB, 288x206) Image search: [Google]
rlm_ricky_dicky.gif
307 KB, 288x206
Because it came out during star wars mania. People going to see star wars 3rd our 4th time. Why is this allowed.
>>
>>64916946
>It's just a very unusual and shockingly lucky setup for a director like Quentin
Because Pulp Fiction. You were probably still sucking your mom's tit when Quentin was banging feet and reeling in the awards.
>>
Competed with star wars
Too long for the average movie goer
>>
>>64916946
>But that's because Nolan took on three Batman movies and made a fortune for the studio. They never would've financed "Inception" or "Interstellar" if he hadn't been doing a great job with Batman.
I said track record...
>>
>>64914997
I doubt there's a lot of directors who want him for anything else.
>>
>>64913235
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_distribution

>as film rental fees
>as film rental fees
>as film rental fees
>>
How do you think Weinstein feels about the box office performance?

I don't think he's too elated, especially after the boycott of some police departments on the film.
>>
>>64912816
>screener leaked
>mediocre reviews
>movie fatigue from Star Wars dominating the popculture for so long
>>
>>64916946
Inception is a poor's man Total Recall
>>
>>64915072

You must not have a sense of humor, or enjoy entertainment.
>>
>>64915310

This confused me too, pulp fiction and django are on opposite sides of the quality spectrum in terms of his movies.

And to say his next movie will be as good as pulp fiction, thats a bold statement
>>
>>64916406

Yeap, didn't like Django too much but this one was even worse. I guess my days of enjoying Tarrantino movies are over.
>>
>>64912816
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3460252/business?ref_=tt_dt_bus

The Budget is 62 mil and the gross is 40 mil...
>>
>>64912816
Check your math anon, theaters do not take 50% of the box office.
>>
>>64919330
Entertainment is cultural poison. It keeps the white male locked in the shackles of infantilization while all of our ancestors accomplishments are erased before our eyes.
>>
Wasn't the whole script leaked like more than a year ago
>>
>>64912816
It's not Star Wars or a superhero movie.
>>
>>64919844
Neither was Django and that made money. People are just sick of Tarantino's bullshit.
>>
>>64919757
amen.
I for one, is glad that Tarantino's and Weinstein's latest investment has performed quite poorly.
>>
is there more white cuckoldry in this than Django?
>>
>>64919827
yea

had a better time reading that than watching the bloody movie desu
>>
Remember when there was a rumor that Tarantino might direct a Friday the 13 the film?

It never went anywhere. But fuck that would be awesome:
>>
>>64912816
Is this a good movie to bring a date to watch, lads?
>>
>>64912816
Has it premiered everywhere? Guess the ferners didn't like it enough. And the screener getting leaked weeks before the premiere had to make things fucky.
>>
>>64914033
They did complain about the racism in Django.
>>
This be the movie where he finally comes out.
Having him dub over and continue to talk about ( black cocks and white mouths) was his coming out party. Its clearer to the general public what gets his rocks off. Somthing tv has known for awhile. Just think of how he portrays rape in pulp fiction compared to hate8. Hes general getting off to this shit
>>
>>64921056
With or without, its SHIT.
>>64921287
Poor cucktino wanted it to be empowering.
>>
>>64921632
>Poor cucktino wanted it to be empowering.
you can't win with the new safe space left. just look at modern universities. the most cucked self hating wannabe gangraped culture in the world and thats still not good enough for them.
>>
UNO
>>
I marathoned the entire film! It wasn't entertaining at all.
>>
is 61 million really that bad? you'd think they would break even on
>>
Star Wars.

A lot of people don't go to the cinema twice in the same month. Everyone watched Star Wars.
>>
I really liked it. I only wished they'd go more about exploring the area since they've made so much trouble setting lines to the horses and outhouse. That would actually bring the movie closer to The Thing, which got referenced at least one more time, by its score.
>>
>>64925029
this
>>
>>64912816
I bet that Netflix scoops this movie up by the end of Spring
>>
>>64912870
>Browsing /tv/
>1 hour in
>nigger has been said like 200 times
>>
>>64915770
Even Spielberg had to fight pretty hard to get Lincoln in theatres.
>>
>>64925029
Truthfully this. A lot of people I know haven't even seen Star Wars yet, let alone go to the movies at all anymore.
People just hate the idea of it these days.
>>
>>64916482
>repetative nature (another western after Django)

Those films are completely different.
>>
>>64913994
A nnnnigguhh? o:
>>
>>64925513
No they aren't. They both have the same racial undertones.
>>
>>64925821

Which are used to different effects. Django was about empowerment, TH8 goes to great length to show us how corrupt and similar all the characters are, whites, blacks, mexicans, liars, racists, murderers. Especially Warren gets punished and (indirectly) called out on his bullshit.
>>
>>64912875
Death Proof was the best of the four.
>>
>>64912901
>not browsing /tv/ during the intermission
pleb
>>
>>64916718
I thought real art wasn't meant to care about the audience either way? It's surely possible that a director could not care about what entertains the audience and entertain them anyway by pure coincidence?
>>
>>64912816
am i the only one who see's a light saber in that poster?
>>
>>64927656
It's a BBC sliding through the snow on a trail of whitey blood. Very accurate representation of the movie.
>>
The film was just released here in Australia on Thursday. The 70mm version is playing for one week then its general release this Thursday. I was at the 9:45am session (The first session) and the cinema was pretty packed for that screening time. I can't imagine what the more favorable timeslots would be like. Plus Tarantino, Russel and Jackson are all in Australia doing promotional stuff. I think the movie will do quite well in Australia. It's not a failure just yet.
>>
I honestly think it had too many re-casted actors. Maybe do a fresh cast so it seems more like movie instead of television program.
>>
>>64912816
he went from "being a meme"

to literally being a meme
>>
>>64913541
The first two weeks it is for most movies it is 50-60% to the studio, and the rest to the movie plex.

As time goes on more and more of ticket sales is kept by the movieplexes. Thus long running films like GotG that had steady sales one month into its run are actually quite good for the movieplexes.

They make more money selling popcorn, but it close to 50/50
>>
>>64912816
Because they fucked up the international release.
The major uk theaters chains dont show it
>>
>>64912816
>Why'd it bomb so hard?

Multiple reasons:
>movie isn't very good
>released too close to Star Wars
>initial release in 70mm only
>leaked screener two weeks prior to release
>Tarantino statements about police
>banned in the UK
>>
>>64929880
>movie isn't very good
it is though
>>
>>64929919
well, opinions...
I watched it with two other people who are bona fide QT fanboys and they both also didn't liked it very much
>>
>>64912816
That Niggerdom shit is airing in mid february here in my country. Who the fuck thinks this is a good idea in the modern world where internet exists?
I've already seen it and I rate it Nigger rapes a white man/10.
I sure as hell would not want to pay money to see such sick and twisted juden propaganda and nigger pushing. I'm glad it is bombing. Tarantino just needs to come out already and tell Jackson that he wants to suck his big black dingus. He is obviously a sick man.
>>
File: 1404274537939.jpg (136 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1404274537939.jpg
136 KB, 919x720
>>64915086
>decent man just trying to make a living
>violently murdered
>>
>>64929880
>banned in the UK

No it isn't. Unless you're confused regarding the issue with Cineworld and the distributor.
>>
>>64915234
>django
>quality
it was worse than death proof. just admit that you dream about nigger cocks at night.
>>
>>64930113
>just admit that you dream about nigger cocks at night.
Such wonderful discourse here on /tv/
>>
Star wars. Fucking duh. I didn't even realize this came out.
>>
>>64929880
outside of the screener being leaked, I think it a fair statement.
>>
RD > JB > PF > HA > IB > KBI > DU > KBII >DP
>>
>>64930160
say it isn't so. say you don't dream about juicy, black, sloppy throbbing 10 inch dicks exploring your chocolate cave, hitting your prostate so hard you come within 30 seconds hands free
>>
>>64930293
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me
>>
>>64930259
Absolutely patrician.
>>
>>64930044

Fucked me up too, senpai
>>
>>64915086
aka best guy
>>
File: 1407798772656.jpg (18 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1407798772656.jpg
18 KB, 250x250
>>64930367
too close to home
>>
>>64930774
so the gay thing was made up right?

I guess he did kill his son but the rest was to make the old dude go for the gun?
>>
>>64931637
I just came from the movie it was never implied that he lied about that.
>>
>>64932347
yeah but I mean cmon really?
>>
>>64932347
There was a precedent for him lying to manipulate people with the lincoln letter.
>>
>>64914931
that's the whole idea retard. There is no other way to fit that entire room into the shot.
>>
Because it's competing with Star Wars and The Revenant.
>>
File: 911.png (182 KB, 442x341) Image search: [Google]
911.png
182 KB, 442x341
Tarantino is literally autistic. Any success he has had in film is because of the actors carrying the movie, not because of his screenwriting or directing.

Maybe people will stop giving him money now.
>>
File: ptoo.jpg (6 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
ptoo.jpg
6 KB, 228x221
C
U
C
K
T
I
N
O
>>
>>64933281

U serious? No actor can't save a shit script
>>
File: nicolas_cage.jpg (29 KB, 419x600) Image search: [Google]
nicolas_cage.jpg
29 KB, 419x600
>>64933358
Is that a fact?
>>
>>64933281
Lol, I love how there are people on /tv/ smarter than the entire film industry, it's why this site is so awesome XD
>>
>>64933479
Kek.
>>
He released this movie and django on Christmas, does he think he's gods gift to the word? What a fucking wanker
>>
Is there a torrent for this movie
>>
>>64933597
>these tears
>>
>>64912816

Movie theaters get 3% you lying /tv/tard
>>
>>64912816
Very creative accounting op
>>
>>64921039
The camp would be on an old slave plantation, He'd make Jason black and all the white girls would suck his 13 inch dingus before killing them
>>
>>64912816
Can someone Photoshop this poster to look like Ren's lightsaber?????
>>
File: SHITFUL 8.jpg (256 KB, 1054x675) Image search: [Google]
SHITFUL 8.jpg
256 KB, 1054x675
>>64912816

THE MOVIE WAS SHIT

SO BOMBS AS BOX OFFICE

END OF STORY

AND HOPEFULLY THE END OF CUKATINO AND ALL HIS NIGGERS, COCKS AND FEET FANTASIES
Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.