[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the final nail on the neon bullshit fad coffin? I s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Is this the final nail on the neon bullshit fad coffin?

I sure hope so.

https://my.mixtape.moe/kdztcx.webm
>>
Yeah. I don't see how people could still be into this shit.
>>
Sometimes i wish drive never existed so this meme 80s thing didnĀ“t start.
>>
>>64750178

Did it really start with Drive though?
>>
>>64750482
It didn't start with Drive, but Drive did help push it among idiots.
>>
>>64750482

around 2010 started the music revival, drive came out 2011, then hotline miami, then it became mainstream
>>
>>64750109
Nah cunt this shit is cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYOtZvwNCsc
>>
>>64750550
Yeah this 80s revival is great https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BurNCK5Pc8
>>
>>64750550

I enjoy the music, but not the trend around it
>>
>>64750482

Vice City was the start if anything can be said to be the start.
>>
The Guest was the best 80's revivalist movie.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>64750730

Every radio in GTA since Vice City has been a disappointment
>>
>>64750761
There was nothing 80's about that movie, kiddo.

How about you watch some actual 80's movies, come back and apologize and then kill yourself, faggot fuck.

I really liked the Guest though.
>>
no this completely misses the neon cool retro 80s electro thing
>>
>>64750178
>>64750482

this "retro" thing always comes in 30-year cycles

in the 2010's it's the 80's fad

in the 2020's it will be a 90's fad

it is connected to the fact that the people who were born in these decades are generally now turning into adults who have families and they want to appeal to the nostalgia factor
>>
>flanders reppin tommy vercettis suit from vice city
i'd say its only just begun. You folks forget that 4chan tends to be ahead of the curve trend wise. Just wait and see how this whole genre gets blown up and beaten to death past the point of no return.
>>
>>64750859
Oh ok

I noticed quite a few similarities between it and The Terminator though, and of course there's the soundtrack.
>>
>>64752633
>What is Kung Fury
>>
>>64752719
a viral video
now this is simpsons which is a highly renowned cartoon series.
Eventually the style needs to bleed into the really heavy oscar bait style movies and a couple goty contender video games for it to really be "over". It's simpler if you view it all from a birds eye view as opposed to parroting what everyone on the board tells you. Also watch the music industry, have you noticed something about the aesthetics as of late? look at pit bull and chris browns music video for FUN or natalie la rose's i wanna rock with somebody. Believe me when i say hold on to your butts because you've only been penetrated by the tip of this neon veiny hyperstylized cock.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.