[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do they know what a falcon is?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Millennium-Falcon_018ea796.jpg (77 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
Millennium-Falcon_018ea796.jpg
77 KB, 768x432
How do they know what a falcon is?
>>
>galaxy far, far away
>they still speak english
>>
>>64744394
Wookiepedia lists three species of falcon in the Star Wars Universe
More importantly, what the fuck is a "Millennium Falcon"
>>
>>64744488
It's a mispronunciation of aluminum falcon
>>
>>64744752
Aluminium*
>>
>>64744394
Is this the birth of an epic new meme?
>>
>>64744394
According to what I heard, it's fulkin, not a falcon
>>
File: xD.png (41 KB, 740x240) Image search: [Google]
xD.png
41 KB, 740x240
>>64744394
BONJOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR REDDIT!
>>
>>64744394
When the characters speak, they aren't speaking English, they're actually speaking "Galactic Common", it's merely translated into English by the actors for your benefit, and "Falcon" is the closest approximation for an avian species in the Star Wars universe from which Han Solo's modified YT-1300f light freighter.

In his earlier indie film days George always wanted to film the Star Wars in its original constructed alien languages but the studios talked him out of it and forced to produce the film in English instead.
>>
>>64745807
*light freighter derives its name.
>>
How do they have X-wings, Y-wings, A-wings etc when there is no latin alphabet.
>>
>>64744394
In Star Wars falcons are a completely different alien animal that are disc shaped like the millenium falcon that are from some planet

Just like how the 'angels' young Anakin refers to are some species from a moon
>>
That is the independently discovered word for that concept because English is the true and accurate language and Falcon is the true word the predatory bird
>>
File: Aurebesh.png (93 KB, 1327x945) Image search: [Google]
Aurebesh.png
93 KB, 1327x945
>>64745957
ok ok ok i hear ya but now explain the use of the terms x-wing, y-wing- and a-wing as stated in >>64745844
>>
>>64746138
Ayy-wing because aliens made it, the X in X-wing is a doodle of it's wing shape, and why-wing because why is it called a wing if it doesn't have any.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.