[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: 1451461636686.jpg (994 KB, 1677x995) Image search: [Google]
1451461636686.jpg
994 KB, 1677x995
Now that the dust has FINALLY settled, what is your verdict on this movie?

Just your honest thoughts now.

No more trolling, no more baiting, no more shitposting and no more epic meming one way or the either.

You either loved it or hated it or you liked it or didn't like it.

We're all anonymous here, just say what you really think without trying to impress anyone.
>>
>>64744143
Also, no more "reddit" or "contrarian".
>>
It was great
>>
It was shit.
>>
It was okay.
>>
File: 1451454705034.jpg (106 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1451454705034.jpg
106 KB, 554x439
I haven't seen it yet. I'm still waiting on a good screener
>>
>>64744143
It's okay is what I tell to my friends.

It's shit is what I'll tell you.
>>
I liked it. Third best SW film for me.
>>
Got spoiled, don't feel like watching, don't feel like missing anything.
>>
File: 1438870510122.png (149 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1438870510122.png
149 KB, 268x265
didn't watch is because being progressive for the sake of being progressive is pointless, dumb and lowers the standard of the art at the end of the day.

also it has an ugly female lead, and an even uglier male lead.
>>
>>64744143
Imagine the stench from Rey's dirty ass.
>>
>>64744143
I thought the people who said it was a remake of ANH were memeing.
Turns out they weren't.
>>
The desert planet was good and feels like the original movies but once Han shows up it just starts falling apart.
>>
>>64744143
It was enjoyable, though I legitimately groaned when Starkiller base turned out to be Death Star v.3 and they end up blowing it up at the end.

I actually would have accepted it more if they just crippled Starkiller Base. Like the raid succeeds, there is a big explosion but the base remains intact and some officer is like "It'll take years to make the repairs on the primary weapon."
>>
>>64744143
it was very respectful of the OT, borderlining "put the three of em on a blender and get this, no, don't try anything new."

There was a few "disney moments" like finn and rey talking before leaving the bar, it was corny and dragged for too long even if only lasted a minute.
The "space nazis" thing was really really lame.

Overall i'd say i liked it. I don't regret going to the cinema for it, and i have hopes for it's sequels to end up being better than the prequels
>>
>>64744240
>thinking Boyega isn't a handsome son of a bitch
>>
File: Poe_Dameron_infobox.png (2 MB, 832x1216) Image search: [Google]
Poe_Dameron_infobox.png
2 MB, 832x1216
>>64744306
This is handsome. Boyega is ugly.
>>
>>64744280
Fuck another thing is before all the memeing here I did also feel that the "gurl powa" scenes were irritating. Finn basically standing around watching Rey save herself 9/10 times with scenes like "Don't touch my hand you dirty male!"
>>
Great movie. A fine addition to the saga.

A nice start to the new trilogy
>>
>>64744306
ROFL c u c k spotted
He looks like a thug, and there's plenty of more attractive black actors..
>>
>>64744143

Its one of a million possible ways the story could go afterwards. I like both this movie and the old EU at the same time because I have no problem having multiple versions of the same story.
>>
>>64744143

It was better then the prequels, but worse then the OT, unimaginative as shit.

Basically, it was Mediocre. I hate how critics are hailing it as the second coming of christ.
>>
>>64744367
I wasn't aware thugs had specific facial features???
>>
>>64744306
This, my girlfriend said he was hotter than I am.
>>
>>64744143
I know it's a meme, but the dust settles when the sequel is out.
>>
It was brilliant
>>
seen it twice now, it was better the 2nd time. i think i'd give it an 8/10 despite how derivative the Starkiller finale was. everything else about it was pretty great.
>>
>>64744143
6,5/10 overall 7 if the use of the soundtrack was less dissapointing
>>
File: boyegaFORWEB_2896660b[1].jpg (40 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
boyegaFORWEB_2896660b[1].jpg
40 KB, 620x387
>>64744412
Whatever faggot

here I'll help you in layman's terms, he has a big nose and massive ugly lips, he isn't conventionally attractive in the slightest.
>>
It was okay. Competent craftsmanship, as expected of Hollywood, but really shallow too, not much beyond the surface and most of the characters were somewhat thin. Might be a good setup for the next two movies, we'll see.
>>
>>64744143

* Enjoyed it while I watched it.

* Annoyed that they lifted the plot from ANH. This has only grown since seeing it.

* Hated how Rey "wished upon the Force" and beat Kylo.

* After leaving theater realized Rey is really Mary Rey Sue across the board. I like the actress and personality scene-to-scene but her character has zero arc because "muh stronk independent womyn."

* Glad JJ isn't directing the next one. Hope it's original and hope that Rey struggles and grows.
>>
>>64744143
it was a 6/10, fucking average.
>>
>>64744143
I avoided marketing and the hype train. Had no expectations. Was surprised by how inoffensive it was and the restraint JJ showed.

Didn't hate/10.
>>
>>64744458
So you would've given it a higher score if it was better? aight.
>>
It was a normal Jj Abrams film

Take that as you will
>>
It was great. 8/10 I would say.

My problem is with the rehash of the deathstar though.
>>
>>64744143
I've genuinely never come close to how much I hate this movie in my entire life. It's completely legitimate reasons even.

It's not Star Wars. If Disney didn't have the license it'd be called outright plagiarism.

The movie is so not-Star Wars that if you take out the buzzwords, lightsabers and x-wing it becomes an absolute shit sci-fi movie you'd see on SyFy or a high budget youtube video written via fan fiction.

All the characters origins dramatically conflict with the characters we meet. I hate bringing agendas into movies but there was a clear agenda for casting meh actors at best as the leads. I have no idea what koolaid people are drinking. Daisy and Boyega could be replaced by a plethora of white actresses/black carciatures since they brought nothing special to the film other then not sucking.

All the events of the OS (original saga) are shit on, the characters we meet are not the characters we knew and loved. Everything was raped to make this PoS. There were so many things they could have done instead of raping the nostalgia button its unreal.

I legitimately consider you a plague upon humankind for accepting a movie that raped one of the most culturally significant movie franchises ever created.
>>
>>64744514
>one of the most culturally significant movie franchises ever created.

LMAO
>>
>>64744240
Bogeya is one of the only redeemable parts of the movie.

>>/pol/
>>
>>64744143
Finn should have never used a lightsaber.

The should have made him use the same weapon TR-8R used. If there is another "awakening" next movie in Finn I'll be pissed. I mean if anyone can use lightsabers why the fuck aren't there any Stormtroopers running around with them? They're broken as shit.

They reflect lasers and can cut through anything with enough time. You'd think there would be a Stormtrooper infiltration team that uses lightsabers or something.
>>
>>64744537
I get it that self-proclaimed cinema/flick/etcccccc snobs around here like the smell of their own farts, but you're a moron to not recognize the legitimacy of the statement.
>>
>>64744329
After watching I wanted to fuck him and Rey, no homo tho
>>
File: 1438871039765.jpg (10 KB, 200x198) Image search: [Google]
1438871039765.jpg
10 KB, 200x198
>>64744537
name a more culturally significant franchise anon?

Maybe LOTR?

Star Wars is definitely as he said, one of the most culturally significant movie franchises, even if it is because they shit out video games and merchandise like no tomorrow.

>>64744564
That might be true, but again being progressive for the sake of being progressive is pointless, dumb and lowers the quality of the art. I wouldn't really consider this movie art though, it's more of a product. Also just because he is a good actor or whatever doesn't change the fact he's meant to be handsome like Han Solo, and he just isn't.
>>
>>64744514
>prequels ruined vader
>sequel is basically a remake, where han solo dies but overally is very respectful and pleases the nostalgia crowd

i'd take sequel anyday
>>
>>64744514
>I've genuinely never come close to how much I hate this movie in my entire life.

If you don't like this movie just ignore it. There are other versions of this story. Read Heir to the Empire. It actually engages in world building in an excellent way.
>>
It was JJ Abrams movie. He JJ Abaramsed it out. JJ Abrams does this to all his movies.

If you don't like JJ Abrams, you won't like this. If you love JJ Abrams style, you will love this.
>>
amusing but incredibly forgettable and ultimately a pointless rollercoaster ride that brought nothing new to the table

didn't help that the main character being some sort of bland feminist caricature instead of an interesting female character

maybe the next one will have a justification for its existence
>>
>>64744588
same 2bh
>>
>>64744143
I very good movie for kids. My son enjoyed it a lot.
>>
>>64744473
>i saw this actor portray a typical thug character once and now i can no longer see him as anything else
big lips and pretty attractive desu and yeah his nose is pretty large but whatever the rest of his face is very nice and if that makes me a faggot then so be it at least i'm not autistic
>>
>>64744619
Did you make sure to tell your son he has shit tastes and should feel bad?
>>
>>64744619
>my son
>not my wife's son
Ya blew it.
>>
>>64744412
He dreams about Bix Nood tearing his boipussy apart every time he closes his eyes... Just let him be.
>>
>>64744619
kill your son
>>
>>64744514
way to trivialize rape with your irrational hatred shitlord
>>
>>64744473
>seriously rating a guy
I want gays to leave
>>
>>64744595
I'll give you the progressive for the sake of progressive with Rey. But you must be memeing with this bogeya not being handsome enough to fill han's void. Attractiveness has nothing to do with it, unless you're a faggot.
>>
>>64744143
I didn't like it or hate it. It was alright, that's all I can say.

I hated Rey. I like Finn and Poe though as well as BB-8. Kylo Ren didn't impress me at all. And even though it was spoiled to death I am feeling kinda down about Han dying. I honestly hope he doesn't get a redemption arc 2bh.

Also why hire the Raid actors in this if they're not going to do anything? I mean really JJ if it would be too violent for the movie well if you saw the Raid that should have been obvious from the start.

>>64744580
>why the fuck aren't there any Stormtroopers running around with them?
Lightsabers are rare, especially now
>>
>>64744619
This. Kids in my theater went nuts for some reason whenever an OT reference showed up on screen. Was weird. They even clapped when the movie ended.
>>
Second to worst Star Wars movie. Only episode 2 i liked less. 5/10
>>
Painfully average
>>
>>64744143
I saw the cam since in my region there was only dubbed versions. It was great, better than the prequels, brought back nice memories from my youth.
Going to rematch soonish in better quality.
>>
File: Reyl.jpg (49 KB, 500x608) Image search: [Google]
Reyl.jpg
49 KB, 500x608
Was it rape?
>>
>>64744636
As somebody who also feels fine with calling males attractive I have to disagree. He clearly has overbite and crossbite. His nose is certainly huge. The skin around his eyes look fucked like he has a permanent black eye. What the fuck is with those ears? They look almost like they belong in a fantasy setting. He's not hideous by any means but he's bottom of the barrel.
>>
>>64744710
woman can't rape men
>>
>>64744595
Why are you focusing on the attractiveness of the actor?
>>
File: Boyega[1].png (251 KB, 591x431) Image search: [Google]
Boyega[1].png
251 KB, 591x431
>>64744681
>attractiveness has nothing to do with the handsome rouge character

maybe in your world anon but I like my protagonists to be attractive.

>tfw 70 year old Harrison Ford is still more attractive then ooga booga noonga
>>
>>64744737

Harrison Ford looks like shit though.
>>
>>64744598
bah, prequels didn't ruin vader, hes just as awesome as he always was in the OT. I watched e1-e6 in a single sitting during xmas time
>>64744601
Trust me, I'd love to. Problem is Star Wars movies are the top of the canon pyramid. They aren't adapting comics or novels. This means that all books, comics, games and etc will be negatively effected going forward since the force mythos has been damaged and we have a Mary Sue running around at the top of the pyramid. I'm aware there were mary sues in the EU but they weren't at the top.
>>
>>64744737
You are a pleb.
>>
>>64744595
>>64744582
Flicks aren't culturally significant, they are leeches on ALREADY culturally significant themes. LotR for the World Wars, Star Wars for the rise of buddhist/eastern thought in Western Capitalist society.
>>
>>64744683
>Lightsabers are rare, especially now

Says who? You would think after Sheev executed Order 66 the clones would take the Jedi's lightsabers or something. The caves and Jedi Temples clearly still exist and there was never any mention of a crystal shortage.

The only reason they're "rare" is because there are not people to construct them. Regardless there are shitloads of lightsabers that were already constructed.
>>
>>64744763
exactly shit>boyega

look at his fucking lips... Jesus Christ. And that jaw line.. YUCK.
>>
File: 1450988177162.png (565 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
1450988177162.png
565 KB, 640x720
>>64744737
>ooga booga noonga
Theres your reason
>>
>>64744143
It's junk food. Tastes good, but is overall unsatisfying. This is because, unlike the other movies, this film doesn't really create a new experience. It's an old house with a new coat of paint. Saying "the next one will be better" doesn't excuse this one (and is eerily similar to what some people said to criticism of The Phantom Menace).

To be honest, if the prequels had never happened, people would be flat-out disappointed by this film. You can see it in every review, where they always fall back on the "well it was better than the prequels" safety net.

Whole thing just kind of rides on the name alone, which is why it didn't do that well in countries that aren't nostalgic for Star Wars. If this were a new intellectual property, it would have flopped.
>>
>>64744807
Except that has nothing to do with it because if it was a handsome black actor like Omar Epps or Will Smith I wouldn't give two single fucks, Boyega has those typical African American features that just aren't attractive.

The wide nose, the massive lips and the sticking out jaw.. just yuck.

Also with Rey being completely devoid of talent as well, I at least need some eye candy and I don't care if it's a guy.
>>
File: renrey.jpg (363 KB, 1280x1285) Image search: [Google]
renrey.jpg
363 KB, 1280x1285
They were made for each other!
>>
>>64744580
Supposedly you needed Jedi or Sith training to use one without chopping your own limbs off, but the movie took a big dump over all that.

>>64744143
I didn't like it, it felt as shallow as any Avengers film, overloaded with action. It also tries so goddamn hard to please the fans, it's like the film takes place in a OT museum.

>woah, a helmet of an X-wing pilot
>woah, the Millenium Falcon
>woah, the guy who played Han Solo
>woah, Darth Vader's mask
>woah, Luke's light saber
>woah, X-wings again

Sometimes I even felt they were mocking the Star Wars universe with their jokes, like they thought "hey, let's make fun of this retarded sci-fi films and since we're at it let's kill one of it's major characters".
>>
I loved it. 2nd best Star Wars movie for me only after TESB.
>>
>>64744143
Truthfully if you took away Han Solo, Chewbacca, Vader's mask, the Millennium Falcon, Luke & Leia, the droids, all youre left with are a few moderately likable characters bouncing from big battle to big battle without a lot of clear motivation or iconic moments. So ask yourself, without those classic characters does this film really stand out on its own?

It was a ANH ripoff and not nearly as good. The pacing was off in the second half. Rey was a Sue. It was a safe corporate product.

Overall a better film than the prequels, but not nearly as creative as the prequels.

I like Han so 7/10.
>>
>>64744883
This.
It can barely stand on it's own feet
>>
>>64744858
ugh don't get me started on Adam Driver.. How can someone with an unsymmetrical face get a job in Hollywood seriously.
>>
>>64744807
nice scooby doo screencap mate
>>
I thought the similarities between ANH and TFA were a bit much but otherwise it was an enjoyable movie.
:^)
>>
>>64744883
But the classic characters is the worst part of the movie. It's just mindless pandering.
>>
Most of it was average, medium, and pretty forgettable. I hated some parts though. They made Han and Luke into douche bags who just gave up and ran away. A few lines of dialogue would have saved their characters for me. Have Han believe that his son was dead the whole time. Make Luke have another reason to go into exile apart from Muh Angst. These things could have been incorporated into the dialogue easily, and would have made both characters appear less cunty.
>>
>>64744977
No, the bland, hollow women and minority characters are the worst part. Finn's character is likable but literally makes no sense. Rey is the biggest Mary Sue in modern film history.

Since Hollywood won't allow women or minorities to have any flaws or depth anymore because flaws and depth are racistsexist stuff, we're left with fairly cardboard characters
>>
>>64744907
You need an occasional ugly guy in Hollywood, not every role will require a handsome or at least an average face
>>
>>64744785
I thought that was the case, what with Kylo Ren having an unstable lightsaber or what not. I would assume people took those crystals because they must have been valuable, but it's just my guess
>>
>>64745076
>there never was a Sequel Trilogy made by Lucas in the 80s starring Darth Joe Pesci and Jedi Master Dany DeVito
>>
>>64745108
It might be the case in Disney's mind but it makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>64744143
Honestly it's a real mixed bag for me. Quite a lot of positives and negatives.

Positives:
>Kylo Ren was an interesting character and showed emotion
>Good cinematography most of the time
>Nice lightsaber fighting with going overboard
>Simple plot
>Felt like Star Wars

Negatives:
>Too much pottery
>Hero characters are all pretty much cardboard as fuck
>Rey generally ruins tension with her Mary Sue-ness
>Some questionable (stupid) scenes like escaping the monsters in Han's big ship
>>
>>64744883
If I compare it with ANH it was much better than ANH when you look at the movie on its own. The pacing of the first 30 minutes of ANH was horrible. Just watching C3PO and R2D2 strolling through a desert was mindnumbingly boring. The fights, a lot of the dialogue, Vader, the incredibly incompetent Stormtroopers, they were all really underwhelming in ANH.

ANH was redeemed by its sequels imho tbqhf. TFA stands well on its own in that while it isn't very creative or innovating, I thought the action was nice, I thought Kylo Ren was menacing in his own way, not in the 'psychopath who blows up people because why the fuck not'-way, but in the 'dear god I dont know if I need to give him a hug or pull my kids out of school before he shoots them all emotionally unstable'-way, the characters were relateable and it was by far the funniest Star Wars I've ever seen. The humor never seemed out of place.

Of course there was a shitload of pandering, but I don't think it was as hamfisted as people say it was. I think it was necessary. If they wouldn't have done that people would complain it wasn't the franchise they remember.
>>
File: horrible.png (381 KB, 638x398) Image search: [Google]
horrible.png
381 KB, 638x398
>>64745076
that's true but they could at least pick someone with a symmetrical face tbqh

>>64745144
no point looking into the plot too deeply because you'll realise it's a load of bollocks.

Jedi where around for 1000s of years, but what 100 years pass and no one knows they exist anymore?

There'd be loads of footage of Jedi's doing shit but no Disney just fucking changes everything the prequels set up.
>>
It's too similar to ANH to get a good grade, but I liked the small bits that were original.

Why is Rey going to train if she just needs to be lightly suggested what she can do before she uses the power like a pro?
>>
File: KL6c8mEP5Uo.jpg (40 KB, 402x604) Image search: [Google]
KL6c8mEP5Uo.jpg
40 KB, 402x604
>>64744143
I want to marry Daisy!
>>
>>64744143
The main problem is writing. They don't explain anything properly and most of the dialogue is banter and witty references. They needed a fucking book to explain why Poe suddenly appears out of nowhere when they could have just added a 10 minute scene in the movie.
>>
>>64745200
>Why is Rey going to train if she just needs to be lightly suggested what she can do before she uses the power like a pro?

This is also a concern of mine. I mean she's already basically at the point Luke was at the end of ROTJ. They kinda wrote her into a corner I feel.

I would bet they make Luke and Snoke absurdly strong like throwing around Star Destroyers to compensate
>>
>>64745220
why would you want to marry such a lack of talent..

keira knightley lite aint worth a food stamp.
>>
>>64744143
I liked it, but it's not """""Star Wars""""" like hobbit wasn't lotr.

But it made me like Star Wars again, so I'm happy with it.
>>
File: feels across space and time.png (715 KB, 629x758) Image search: [Google]
feels across space and time.png
715 KB, 629x758
I liked Kylo, his lightsaber and the way he used it, and the way he used the force. I liked Finn and Poe, wished Poe was in it more and Finn was the main character. Chewie was fun and showing off the bowcaster was neat. Han's death was really well down and it made me feel kinda sad even though I don't really care about Han; the dialogue in that scene was good and Chewie angry as fuck was pretty good.

Everything else was forgettably mediocre. Basically as mediocre as a Marvel Film. Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher are too fucking old, and Carrie Fisher's voice is too old sounding to take seriously, although they did a good job on makeup to not make her look so fucking old. Rey is just really ehhh, I wasn't bothered by her or felt that she was too "girl power" but her inexplicable use of the Force was retarded and really poorly written.

Fuck, the movie was so fucking mediocre there's not much to say. It just didn't feel special like a Star Wars movie did, George Lucas being gone really was noticeable, there was no longer that creative spark. It had way too much action and really bad pacing. There was basically an action scene every other significant scene. Also, the plot with the Resistance and First Order and Republic was really confusing and really poorly explained, there's absolutely no reason why they couldn't have explained it in the opening crawl; really, the opening crawl was pointless, all it said is that Luke is gone and some kind of shit is happening. Oh, and that cantina song was really fucking bad.

>tfw Han dies
>>
>>64745185
>There'd be loads of footage of Jedi's doing shit but no Disney just fucking changes everything the prequels set up.

Exactly my point. In the arena in AotC there were literally 100 fucking lightsabers ranging from Jedi Knights to Jedi Masters.

This does not even include the fact that a 10 year old force sensitive can construct a lightsaber. The only excuse they came up with is that the Force had become weaker
>>
File: 1452505554840.jpg (47 KB, 1120x104) Image search: [Google]
1452505554840.jpg
47 KB, 1120x104
>>64745225
yes
>>
>>64744352
It's 'stop grabbing my hand'
Stop projecting you perma-virgin
>>
>>64744352
I like how Rey is so competent Finn and Han basically get fucked

Finn doesn't do shit the entire movie after the opening scene besides his rescue mission and she already saves herself lmao so he just hangs around

10/10 Finn character arc
>>
>>64745180
Nope.

ANH>TFA and its not even close.
>>
A big problem I see in the sequels will be the lack of a good villain. Kylo is interesting, but he's no longer mysterious and intimidating, and Snoke is just some retarded looking ayyy with a retarded name. It's hard to live up to Darth Vader and the Emperor, but fuck, they could at least fucking try. They showed too much of Snoke and characterized him too little; he needed to be more like the Emperor where he's not seen but mentioned ominously.
>>
>>64745360
Han and Finn weren't incompetent, what the hell are you on about?
>>
>>64745462
I find your argument compelling and it changed my view.
>>
>>64745524
Han didn't do anything the entire movie besides land the falcon on starkiller. When he was fixing his ship Rey did it better.

Finn also barely did anything. He escaped mostly by Poe's piloting skills then he was able to eventually destroy tie fighters only because of Rey's excellent piloting. Then he gets beat by the traitor trooper and then again by Kylo

Also noteworthy those characters barely changed at all during the course of the movie
>>
I liked it, it was a good flick and I feel like the people that say it was shit probably don't like starwars to begin with which is fine because it is a kids franchise.
>>
>>64744143
I'm generally OK with it but there were parts of the movie that made me cringe. The action shoots made up for it though.
>>
>>64744233
Same for me
>>
>>64745180
I loved the slow start of ANH way more than the space battle at the end.
Maybe you just have ADD.
>>
I liked it, best part was the new characters, but the worst part was bridging the new characters with the old ones, and the whole concept of "we need a death star for the climax"
>>
I hated it. I felt they took out as much story as possible to make room for wave after wave of shitty action sequences.
>>
>>64744143
Very boring. That yoda bitch annoyed me a lot and really epitomises everything wrong with the film -- Doing everything that ANH & ESB did but trying to one-up them.

>"Yoda is 900 years old"
>"Oh yeah? Well make this new bitch 1000 years old!"
>>
>>64745869
Me too.

I loved the slow begining to ANH. It was patrician as hell. Those long empty desert shots were a perfect way to articulate how vast and empty and cold the universe really is, and how utterly impossible the task ahead was.

It set such a great tone.
>>
>>64744143

Honestly? It was ok. Competent. Safe. The type of movie that if it was on tv and I was bored I'd think "maybe I'll watch this for a bit". A solid 6/10. Very similar to that other space movie that JJ Abrams made (Into Darkness?).
>>
>>64744143
That gay artwork screams Reddit everywhere.
>>
>tfw Star Wars will never have a scene like this again

https://youtu.be/1gpXMGit4P8
>>
>>64746059
But we had Rey putting on a helmet while chewing loudly
>>
>>64746109
Rey when compared to ANH Mark Hamill looks like a dumpster.
>>
>>64744241
yeah wow, she would have stunk so much upon meeting others I'm surprised Disney didn't go make a shit joke out of that.
never even thought of it till now.
>>
I thought it was fun. Didn't live up to the (admittedly way too high) expectations I had of it. Dying to see VIII now though, so I guess it did its job.
>>
>>64746109
With a Rebel X-Wing ™ © helmet from OT *wink wink*
>>
>>64744412
>WIKIPEDIA >> LOMBROSO
>>
File: 2MkUi3RqIhY.jpg (39 KB, 402x604) Image search: [Google]
2MkUi3RqIhY.jpg
39 KB, 402x604
>>64746122
I wouldn't fuck Mark tho.
>>
>>64746223
please stop posting photos of this lesbian look a like garbage can
>>
>>64744143
Very well made. An unoriginal plot, but the fun, engaging characters and good direction save it.
>>
>>64746236
Ok
>>
File: 14515706599010.png (231 KB, 482x625) Image search: [Google]
14515706599010.png
231 KB, 482x625
>>64746236
U WOT M8
>>
>>64744240
Daisy a cute
>>
File: anypics.ru-5803.jpg (69 KB, 706x960) Image search: [Google]
anypics.ru-5803.jpg
69 KB, 706x960
>>
File: luke and yoda on dagobah.jpg (122 KB, 1579x731) Image search: [Google]
luke and yoda on dagobah.jpg
122 KB, 1579x731
>>64746122
I heard this was a Hamillust thread?
>>
>>64746254
>Young Mark Hamill and young Harrison Ford fooling around together
>thisismyfetish.jpg
>>
File: DaisyRidley.jpg (2 MB, 5298x4762) Image search: [Google]
DaisyRidley.jpg
2 MB, 5298x4762
>>64746236
Found the virgin straight male/virgin lesbian female/asexual/homosexual male/straight female.
>>
>>64744143
it's foundation is shit. Make the whole movie shit.
>>
>>64744143
Good
>Poe was fun
>BB-8 was cute
>Kylo Ren was interesting
>Lightsaber fights felt real
>I liked that scene where Rey is eating and she puts on the helmet and then it shows her house is an AT-AT that fell over
>The new Force powers were neat and I liked that he isn't Darth Kylo and not a Sith

Bad
>Rey is a shitty character who is good at everything and has a "mysterious past" that I can't care about because she's so one-dimensional, so much potential wasted by refusing to let her be anything but perfect at everything without any effort
>Finn is a dumb joke character with a few good moments and a few really bad ones, like the cringey "you were the first one to look at me that way" line that made "I hate sand" look good
>NOSTALGIA OVERLOAD
>PLOT CONVENIENCE OVERLOAD
>Leia looks like shit
>Ending shot was shit
>GRANDMA MINION
>Recycled settings
>DEATH STAR 3.0
>Entire script is a copy of A New Hope
>>
>>64746375
>"you were the first one to look at me that way" line that made "I hate sand" look good
No it didn't, don't be a hyperbolic asshole.
>>
>>64744143
In a technical sense, it was a completely competent film, certainly better than the prequels and surpassing VI in a few respects.

But, due to the fact that most everything in the film was ripped intentionally from ANH or ESB, I can't say it was a satisfactory flick. I walked in hoping that I would see a film that took the feel of SW in a new direction, with new kinds of character conflict and a return to a more classic style of storytelling and cinematography. But it was only "a SW film" in the sense that much of the plot and characters were borrowed from other films in that franchise. Only a few shots even felt "SW-y" the rest looked like any generic space adventure story produced today. I wouldn't have minded a little of that, a fusion of modern and classic styles, would've made this stand out, but I never got that.

The only original thing about the flick was FN "Big Deal" 2187. Certainly there are elements of ANH's Han and Luke, but overall the character was one we've never really seen in a SW film, and Boyega's performance really sold the whole thing for me. I honestly would've preferred if he was the main character who would become a Jedi and Rey was just some competent but emotionally distant scavenger who saves him when he crash-lands and gets stuck along for the ride. Ridley was... fine, but her best acting moments were when she stopped talking, and the character of Rey was... well, suspension of disbelief-breaking. But they had to have a female MC, because it's apparently not sexist to put an inordinate amount of importance on a person's sex. Also, I'll admit, Ridley's smile creeps me out, especially the really happy giddy one, so the more she sulks and gives little half-smiles the better IMO.

There was a lot of potential in Kylo Ren, he could have been done to succeed in every ay that Anakin failed. But the creators were so focussed on how stupid he was, that they forgot to show how powerful the dark side made him. Cont...
>>
>>64746338
Daisy Ridley has a body like a teenage boy.
>>
>>64744143

Good movie, better than all three prequels, too much rehash of ANH though.

Rey is cute as fuck and Kylo is a decent villain. I enjoyed the few Poe/Finn interactions and I hope there's more of those next movie. Hopefully the next one has much more Luke Skywalker since he's the Star Wars hero I grew up with.
>>
>>64746338

She's hot, but not celebrity hot, you know?
>>
>>64746402
Yeah, it did. It wasn't as bad as "wish I could just wish away my feelings" but pretty on par.

People groaned in theaters during that scene. Hell, I groaned as I tried to remember the exact words. The dialogue sucked there.
>>
Nostalgia overload is not a problem with TFA. It's exactly what I wanted. More OT imagery. THe problem were plot points lifted directly from the other movies.

Seeing the Millenium Falcon, Han and Chewie was great.

Seeing yet another Death Star, not so much.
>>
>>64746338
you post her best photo and even then she looks average..
>>
I just don't think anyone has the balls to try and create a new future for star wars when there's so much money on the line. This should have been the start of a whole new generation of the franchise, it should have put all the irons in the fire. Instead I hardly care about seeing anymore.

Just look at all the planned side movies, rouge one, han solo origin, boba fett etc.. All movies set in the past timeframe; because they have no central creator who can take responsibility and so they will just show as little as possible for as long as they can for fear of fucking it all up.
>>
>>64746443
No one in your theater groaned. Why would lie about this?
>>
>>64746497
Daisy is not supposed to be crazy hot.
The entire point of her casting was to have a female lead that was cute and attainable, to appeal to the female base while not making male nerds feel intimidated.

By having Rey be a cute, innocent girl next door that knows nothing about the galaxy, the male fanbase feels like they'd have a shot with her. Casting someone too attractive and hot would give the character an air of superiority.
>>
I didn't like it. At all.
>>
>>64746375
>>PLOT CONVENIENCE OVERLOAD
You mean like Darth Vader building C3PO? Luke being Vader's son? Leia being Vader's daughter? R2D2 accidentally arriving at the exact location on Tatooine that Obi-Wan lives, and the droid Uncle Owen was supposed to take blowing up?
>>
>>64746534
The hero character should be handsome, she doesn't look whatever the female equivalent of handsome is.

She doesn't embody the hero traits, she isn't dashing or charming or handsome she's just really plain.

Your reasoning makes very little sense, a Jedi warrior is "cute and attainable?"

yea fucking right, she could kill me with only her mind, that's not intimidating at all.
>>
>>64746488
>Seeing the Millenium Falcon, Han and Chewie was great.
No, it was just sad to see him as an old man trying to desperately relive his old glory days to the point where he's wearing pretty much the same shit he wore decades ago.

Having him still be a smuggler is just fucking depressing. So is his failed marriage.
>>
It was a good Star Wars movie. Too familiar, but after the prequels, that's the direction they should've gone in anyway to get things back on track.

Rey is kind of weak as a protagonist since she's a mistery. Luke was fleshed out as a young man thristing for adventure and chained to his shitty life before going in a grand adventure.
Rey has that nu-female lead problem where she already starts as an ass kicker because filmmakers are too afraid to be called "mysogynists" to make her start out weak.
>>
>>64746375
>>64746443
Just because the "you were the first one to look at me that way" line was cheesy, intentionally so, doesn't mean it was bad.

Also Leia looking like shit is really a non-issue, it's not something she can help, or that she should be criticised for.

Agree with the rest of you points tho, especially Death Star 3.0, ughhhh.
>>
>>64746589
Mark Hammil wasn't classicaly handsome in Ep IV. Harrison Ford was the dashing handsome guy. Luke looked frail and girly.
>>
>>64744143
It was good
>>
>>64746534
>the male fanbase feels like they'd have a shot with her
But I *do* have a shot with her, anon.
>>
>>64746644
I liked how the prequel-tier cheesy line "because it's the right thing to do" was immediately made fun of with the "Your need a pilot." TFA has much better dialogue than even the OT.
>>
>>64746658
I can't believe you can actually say that with a straight face...

I agree that Ford looked more dashing, but Hamill was definitely handsome and fit the role of hero perfectly.
>>
>>64746593
I disagree. If anything, I liked how imaginative Han's fate was. Most of the EU had him as a hero that did a bunch of important shit and died in battle. I liked seeing the more grounded portrayal of a man that failed his marriage, lost his family and one his best friends, and went back to doing the only thing he knew how to do.

The only OT character I truly disliked was Luke.
Him vanishing after losing the Jedi Academy was truly pathetic.
>>
>>64746585
>R2D2 accidentally arriving at the exact location on Tatooine that Obi-Wan lives
Leia was going to go see obi-wan but got captured. The Organas knew where he was.
>>
>>64746585
>Anakin built C3P0, and that's not convenient to the plot at all
>Leia was on her way to Tatooine to recruit Kenobi before being captured
>Kenobi was on Tatooine because he was watching Anakin's kid from afar while laying low, so no, Luke being Vader's kid makes sense
>They could have just wrote the scene having him buy R2 and C3P0, no plot convenience there
>Leia being Vader's daughter was dumb, it was one of the mistakes of Jedi

1 out of 5.
>>
>>64744143
One great thing about the movie I rarely see mentioned is the sound design.

The new lightsaber effect is fucking awesome.
>>
>>64746589
>should be

Don't use this term unless you want everyone to know how retarded you are.
>>
>>64744143
I had fun and saw it twice.

It was worth it. Now if only they didn't have 99% of the toys being 5poa garbage I would enjoy the toys even more too.
>>
>>64746712
>a more grounded portrayal of a smuggler who gets involved in a massive intergalactic war because he wants some of that princess action

fuck off. Han had big dreams, the moment he heard princess he was along for the ride and you think he's the type who would fuck off from his life of fame and being a hero to be a fucking smuggler again?

yuck your taste... I really hate how now if I watch the OT it won't feel right because you know all this stuff that happens afterwards which ruins the characters...
>>
>>64746589
>a Jedi warrior is "cute and attainable?"

Yes because she's not a Jedi Warrior. She's a cute scavanger that daydreams about the Rebel Alliance and plays with dolls and bootleg X-Wing figures.
>>
>>64746688
Yeah, I loved all that Finn pretending to be a principled good guy/Resistance member shit. Lot of laughs.
>>
File: 1451056860891.jpg (2 MB, 4400x2000) Image search: [Google]
1451056860891.jpg
2 MB, 4400x2000
>>64746410
Like, after taking the plunge and murdering his father, he should've grown immensely in power and wiped the floor with Rey, but he was just as weak as ever. But that conflicts with the goal of making the audience like Rey by just having her do as many cool things as possible. That's an amateurish and bad fanfic-tier writing technique, but m-muh GURL power.

BB-8 was pretty okay, but I don't understand why people are saying he's "so awesome". Like, I'm not being contrarian, but after seeing the flick twice I went online to see what people were saying, and I was just surprised. Yeah, he had a few funny moments, but so did Chewie, Han, and Finn, hell even Rey got a laugh or two out of me. It's an instance where I thought something was fine, but everyone else loved it to death and turned it into a meme (Groot, minions, etc.), so when I talk about it I sound like I hate it by comparison.

Was it just me, or did the whole "tell that to Kanjiklub" segment feel ripped straight out of a Guardians of the Galaxy type movie(nothing wrong with that flick, it's just a very different kind of film). Especially with how so many more things in the flick were practical effects, the Rathtars just completely took me out of it.

Rest of the film was fairly forgettable. Most of the cool non-SW-y shots broke my suspension of disbelief (like pic related, this battle was happening in the middle of the day), the only reason I remember most of the lines is because /tv/ has trained me to remember every line I hear in case it could be useful for memeing latter and because I generally have very good memory. I'll probably give EpVIII a shot, but my expectations are not high. That doesn't mean I'll go easy on it, but I really don't expect much from the J man, and this hasn't changed that.
>>
>>64746712
I'd rather see him just enjoying retirement, and then this new adventure forces him out of retirement. I don't really mind the failed marriage that much, but that on top of him trying to play 30 at age 60 or 70 or whatever is just fucking sad, dude.

He's just a fucking loser in this film.
>>
>>64746688
yeah that was pretty great desu

What were the other great finn and/or po moments? They were probably the best parts of the movie

Aside from the action scenes. Man the action scenes in this movie were GOAT. Makes me jealous that I never got to see the OT in theatres if they were even close to what this movie is compared to everything else around it

Loved those blaster sounds and effects, and the lightsabers moreso
>>
>>64746712
>imaginative
You are genuinely retarded. It's cliche if anything.
>>
>>64746318
>Young Harrison Ford

>YFW Harrison ford was almost 40 when he was in A New Hope and had been a carpenter for 15 years and was working on set.
>>
>>64744413
What did your girlfriend's son say though?
>>
>>64746775
I guess I liked the wa it was portrayed. Han is not the kind of guy to walk away from shit like that, but losing his son, his wife and Luke must've taken a toll on him.
I liked how TFA was kind of his last romp as a Rebel hero. A return to form before his death.

It makes me sad to know that we'll never see Luke and Han together again though.
>>
>>64744873
>It also tries so goddamn hard to please the fans, it's like the film takes place in a OT museum.

This. It's too blatant in that regard. Cringeworthy.
>>
>>64746644
>line was cheesy and bad
>but that's good because it was intentionally bad!
No, it's just shit, dude. A lot of the dialogue was shit. "She's still a princess to me." Dude, fuck whoever wrote that. That's prequel garbage, intentional or otherwise.

Leia looking like ugly shit is an issue, it's something she could have helped by not doing piles of drugs and food, and she should be criticized for making bad life choices. Truthfully, they shouldn't have had her in this film. She should have been a reference at best. Or, if they had to have her, have her for a scene in the background or in one quick scene.
>>
>>64746725
>>64746740
>if it's explained in the lore its not a convenience
The falcon's tracker only became active in space. Every convenience can be explained post hoc. The relationship between the characters in A New Hope, and how they're all interconnected isn't just far-fetched from a narrative perspective, it makes the universe seem small, and makes it seem that ability is dependent entirely on one's genes. It's Nazi shit.
>>
>>64746814
>cliche

That would be Leia and Luke.

Han being a loser was one of the few things I liked. I liked the deconstruction of the dashing rogue.
>>
>>64746848
It makes me sad that they ruined the series by bringing the characters back just to make some more shekels.

Literally just parading people on screen for nostalgia value. HEY GUISE YOU REMEMBER THIS HAHA YEA STAR WARSSS

fucking hack director JJ Abrams ruins series.
>>
>>64746811
what action scenes? TFA actions is overrated as fuck, its completely forgettable, i can barely recall any of the scenes. God you tfa lovers are the fucking worst
In the same year as one of the most competent action movies ever to grace the screen (Mad Max) people can claim the TFA action is good, LOL.

>>64746775
I personally decided not to recognize Disney Saga, star wars canon dies with OS tyvm.

>>64746688
Please kill yourself, your gravestone should have 'Droid plz' and 'Do you have a boyfriend' on it so people know where to piss
>>
>>64746797
>Was it just me, or did the whole "tell that to Kanjiklub" segment feel ripped straight out of a Guardians of the Galaxy type movie
It absolutely was.

And, yet, Guardians of the Galaxy was a better Star Wars movie than Star Wars 7.
>>
>>64746888
>"She's still a princess to me." Dude, fuck whoever wrote that
It's actually, "she'll always be royalty to me." which is a great fucking line. A subtle way to mention that the scene is about Leia without actually using her name.
>>
>>64746922
>one of the most competent action movies ever to grace the screen (Mad Max) people can claim the TFA action is good, LOL.
Doesn't mean they both can't be good.

Anyway, the Millenium Falcon getting chased on Jakku, doing all the cool flips etc was cool, the lightsaber duel with Rey and Kylo cutting down trees left and right was fricking cool, and filmed on a real set
>>
>>64746922
holy lel you're really going all out aren't you
>>
>>64746922
>Please kill yourself,
The OT is known for its terrible dialogue; even Alec Guinness said as much. TFA feels like it was actually written by humans.
>>
>>64746906
>deconstruction
get the fuck out of here you wannabe film student
>>
>>64744222
dude WATCH the cinema version
nothing says movies like a giant hovering hand for half the movie

also jar jar dies at the end
>>
>>64746912
It's a sequel to Episode VI. Did people really think that the OT characters and designs wouldn't have a big part in this?

If anything, looking like the OT was great. The bad was reusing plot points from the OT.
>>
>>64744143
It's a pretty uninspired, unmemorable, harmless movie.

It lacks the artistic values and slow but steady pacing "Star Wars" had, and it lacks the instant fun and epicness "Empire Strikes Back" had.

Ironically, it is closer to "Return of the Jedi" and the prequels in that it tries to develop many ideas, but it does a (very) poor job. It tries to suggest Han has a parenting role towards Rey, that the First Order is composed of young space neo-nazis who are fond of the old Empire but are nowhere as sofisticated and effectice as the old officers and bureoucrats, than Rey represents an awakening in the Force, but it's all rushed or dropped when the scene demands it.

Whereas people will remember the assault of the first Death Star, or the kidnapping of Princess Leia near Tatooine, or the battle of Hoth, or Luke's duel against Vader in Cloud City, nobody will remember Kanjiclub, or the whole Starkiller, or the duel between Rey/Finn and Ren, because they just look like Marvel movies but with vague Star Wars stuff around.

Most people love the movie because the movie itself is correct: while the pacing is bad and the story makes no sense, the acting is good, and the movie's "funness" is consistent across the whole screen time. But again, it's a mostly by-the-numbers reboot.

Most Star Wars fans are still waiting for a good Star Wars movie since 1980.
>>
File: 1416652445501.jpg (67 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1416652445501.jpg
67 KB, 500x500
>>64744602
>mfw my wife like jj abrams style
>she like into darkness
>>
>>64746901
It's not explained in the lore. It's explained in the movie. Leia straight up says she was on a mission to bring Kenobi to Alderaan.
>>
>>64746934
>>64746797
Agree totally about the Guardians thing, I didn't know what was so off about that scene, now I do.

BB8 was cool, not amazing though. I didn't really see the need for him though, he seems really similar in purpose to R2.
>>
>>64746938
That's even worse than I imagined.

It's "are you an angel" all over again.
>>
>>64746966
>and a good friend
>>
>>64746966
>written by humans
yeah, humans on twitter and facebook trying to get likes ya faggot

>>64746962
its not that they can both be good, its not TFAs action is forgettable at best, it might be OK while watching but you shouldnt have to struggle to recall an action scene, that means its not very good. There's a reason tfa lovers go to repeat viewings - the entire movies so shallow they can't remember what they saw
>>
The most memorable scene in the movie was the one-shot of Poe shooting down a binch of Ties all by himself.
>>
>>64746990
Into Darkness is impeccably made trash. It's the definition of a "turn your brain off" movie. The acting and direction actually sort-of make me enjoy it.
>>
>>64747028
I'm not going to deny your experience, if you didn't think it was memorable then fine. I liked it, didn't think it was the best thing since slice television though.
>>
>>64746830
Ford was an actor before ANH. American Graffiti? Lots of actors had side jobs back them (and now) in case they didn't make it big.

Besides, Hamill/Fischer/Ford is canon, Ford and Fisher admitted it in interviews. They fucked and drank a lot while filming TESB.
>>
>>64747062
Into Darkness is to Star Trek what The Force Awakens is to Star Wars.
>>
I hate how pathetic the made Luke look. His reveal should've been a memorable scene, but was just shitty and by-the-numbers. That helicopter shot was pathetic.
>>
>>64747028
>yeah, humans on twitter and facebook trying to get likes ya faggot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDYX_PgorRY

Everything after 2:20

>"But why must you confront him?"
>"I can turn him back... to the good side."

This isn't good dialogue
>>
I liked the Rey/Kylo duel a lot. Looked fucking savage and made the sabers look dangerous as fuck. Completely different from the cirque du solei shit from the prequels.
>>
>>64747062
are you not the tripfag constantly defending this POS TFA? How the fuck can you hate STID and like TFA? its beyond contradicting. They are both absolute shit for the absolute same reasons, at least star trek had semi-good actors
>>
>>64747083
Except that TFA wasn't written by drooling mongoloids.
>>
>>64744143

Decent action flick
Awful star wars movie

Pros:

Visuals and sound effects
Kylo Ren
Opening scene
Lightsaber trippy scene
Restrained with Luke
Finn couldve been done better but was mostly good

Cons:

Didnt really establish the context of the galaxy. Everyone appears to be doing the same exact thing that they were 30 years ago which is pretty lame.
Went overboard on the no politics/no exposition thing
X wings vs TIE fighters again... lame
Rey had no flaws and didnt make a mistake all movie. The only time i can remember her messing up was when she released the CGI monsters in the kanjiklub scene but that ended up saving han and she saved finn anyway.
There were apparently no security cameras or patrols in the most important area of the death star's defenses
Too many marvel quips in the middle of action
Ultimately not very memorable except for a handful of scenes
>>
>>64744329
literally perfect if he wouldn't be manlet
>>
>>64744143
It was soulless. Made for people who don't like Star Wars.
>>
>>64747082
>Ford was an actor before ANH.

>One role.
>The one role that caused George Lucas to not want him to have anything to do with Star Wars.

I'm not saying anything negative about him having an actual skill besides acting, just that even during ANH he wasn't "young" by most young peoples standards.

>>64747118
This. Prequels fucked up with the saber fights.
>>
>>64747082
>Besides, Hamill/Fischer/Ford is canon, Ford and Fisher admitted it in interviews. They fucked and drank a lot while filming TESB.
what.
>>
>>64747119
I don't hate Into Darkness, and The Force Awakens has an interesting narrative and good characters. JJ's tone and style is also a better fit for Star Wars than it is for Star Trek.
>>
>>64747103
There was some poor dialogue in OT/PT but there also a number of legendary lines. Name one line in TFA, you won't be able to without having an aneurysm.
>>
File: 1448852859654.jpg (198 KB, 2048x1361) Image search: [Google]
1448852859654.jpg
198 KB, 2048x1361
Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens is a lot like Christmas.
>occurs annually around mid-december
>lots of people believe in its goodness, find deep meaning in celebrating it.
>other people see it as an overhyped marketing ploy, find minimal inherent value in it.
>believers will go out of their way to chastize the critics, perform mental gymnastics in order to defend their holiday.
>>
>>64747122
No, it was written by George Lucas decades ago, except he called it A New Hope back then.
>>
>>64747154
I don't hate Into Darkness

>>64747122
>Except that TFA wasn't written by drooling mongoloids.

>>64747062
>Into Darkness is impeccably made trash.
>It's the definition of a "turn your brain off" movie.
>>
>>64744514
>outright plagiarism
>while the originals are lifted off of the seven samurai movie

its like borhes said, if you steal steal from the greatest
>>
>>64747158
The "I need a pilot" line is genuinely funny. But talking about memorability this soon after the film's release makes no sense. I wouldn't know any prequel line if it wasn't for the memes that came after.
>>
>>64747199
Maybe he also turns his brain off when posting?
>>
>>64747142
Look it up. Fisher and Ford have talked about it a few times. Fischer admited numerous times to having fucked most of the cast. Ford talked about the parties they would have, trying to drink each other under the table, fucking, etc.
>>
>>64747223
I don't believe you and a search shows nothing.
>>
>>64747199
The key is "impeccably made." My problem with Into Darkness is its writing. I still think it's well-made enough to be watchable.
>>
>>64747259
No, your problem is maintaining a consistent opinion between posts.
>>
>>64747209
Theres a difference between melding a fuckton of inspirations into a coherent story and simply ripping off something that came before
>>
>>64747258
Dude, Fisher talked about it on Conan a few weeks ago. Just watch the Conan TFA episode. Based Ford and Fisher.

http://teamcoco.com/starwars
>>
>>64746901
in E3 Organa and Obi-Wan tell each other where they are taking the kids. and even then E4 shows you whats going on.
>>
>>64747319
>watch Conan
Eww, no.
>>
>>64747319
>Fischer going trough the cast LIKE WILDFIRE

Based Leia.

>Ford not giving a fuck about TFA and SW in general

Based Ford.
>>
>>64747337
Then read interviews from other sources. If you can't find anything, you suck at using a search engine.
>>
Massive disappointment for me. The hype and expectation was ridiculous as expected but it was just ok, 6/10. It was better than Ep1&2 but not 3 and certainly nowhere near the originals.
Plus the story was just a complete rip-off A New Hope
>>
>>64745142
Danny devito would make a great yoda these days. Only a little green face paint and he'd be good to go.
>>
>>64747337
>“I (Carrie Fischer) told her (Daisy Ridley) not to go through the crew like wildfire, but I also told her not to take any advice from me,” she said.

I hope Daisy will follow in Carrie's footsteps and fuck nerds at conventions.
>>
>>64744143
S H I T
>>
>>64747278
>"The acting and direction actually sort-of make me enjoy it."
>>
>>64747593
>tripfag
>he thinks people will answer him without trolling

You're just asking for shitposting responses.
>>
What annoyed me is, if the empire (or whatever they were called) can destroy planets and entire solar systems, why doesn't the entire galaxy combine just to wipe them out?
>>
>>64747671
>why doesn't the entire planet combine to wipe out North Korea because they have nuclear weapons?
>>
>>64747593
You call it trash, that it's written by mongoloids, and say you almost like it (which means you don't like it), but then you say you don't hate it despite having hated on it in this thread.

Dude, before you comment other people's writing in the future, you should look into improving your own, because you are not getting whatever point you're trying to make across at all.
>>
>>64747062

Youre a tripfag.

Literally the worst kind of person who populates this place (and that's saying something). There are people on here with IQs that are 40-50 points higher than yours. People who are wittier, more informed, and certainly people who are better writers than you.

And yet you feel it necessary to put a name above you posts. It's an act of such incredible self indulgent stupidity that it boggles the mind.

It's this same sad compulsion that leads you to defend even the tritest of corporate fabrications. And why not? You're thinking exactly as they want you to think. And that's fine. Average people can have opinions too. But a word to the wise, we don't need to see a tripcode to know that you're average Jeff. We can tell it from reading your posts. No need for the redundancy
>>
>>64747259
Fucknose see >>64747739

Thanks
>>
>>64747739
I agree, having a name on an anonymous website is the most lame shit ever.

Go to Reddit if you want that you shit cunt then you can masturbate when you get 1k karma on a comment and everyone can see your name.
>>
>>64747730
>sort-of make me enjoy it
>don't hate it
Only in your world are these two things antonyms
>>
>>64747739
This.
>>
>>64747739
Shut up, Point Dexter, noone as the time to read you're colage deserstation on tripfags.
>>
I still don't know who the main protagonist is supposed to be.
>>
>>64747800
>hates on film
>"i don't hate it"
>>
It was a blatant remake but I still liked it .
>>
>>64747819
Ensemble movie. Multiple protagonists. It's not hard. This isn't a first person shooter, it's a movie. A flick, at best.

Your mind would implode if you watched a movie with no cental protagonist, like Babel.
>>
>>64747722
Well they would if North Korea actually used them on innocents.
>>
Enjoyed it, 7/10.

It was certainly better than the prequels, but doesn't really hold a candle to the OT, Rey is definitely a Sue. Admittedly i'd rather no character flaws than the autismo flaws of Anakin, but she is unarguably a Sue.

Hoping it gets redeemed in the next movie with a Revan Mindwipe backstory for Rey
>>
>>64747872
>film
It's a movie.
>>
>>64747921
They do kill innocents. And the First Order hadn't used its weapon until they used. They only knew it was an actual threat in hindsight
>>
>>64747959
Wrong. It's a cinema.
>>
>>64745142
Luke... You gotta pay the troll toll to get your father's soul.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.