[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All right enough about The Revanent already. It won the weekend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
All right enough about The Revanent already. It won the weekend so shills can fuck off now. Let's discuss the superior western that was released recently.
>>
>>64733608
I would hardly call Slow West "recent."
>>
Bone tomahawk was goat as fuck
>>
>that scene

You know which one
>>
>>64733753
Fuck I actually forgot about that one. Any good?
>>
>revenant
>western

select one
>>
>bone tools can cut like lightsabers
yeah naw
>>
>>64733608

>a cripple
>an old man
>and two competent men
>on a rescue mission

I thought for sure he was gonna lose that leg
>>
>>64734242
Yeah literally fuck this movie

Who wants to watch that?
>>
>>64734367
>Indians
>Horses
>Takes place in the United States

Sorry m80. You got yourself a western.
>>
>>64733608
This movie was brutal to watch. So slow and tense. It was awesome.

But I hated how Wilson basically became a god-soldier at the end. It really made light of the other characters' deaths.
>>
>>64734411
>Who wants to watch that?
i do.
>>
>>64734411
Better than any of the goofy cg violence in the Shitenant.
>>
>>64734367
What's with this meme? It's obviously a western. I don't give a fuck what the cast and crew say.
>>
>>64734377
>and lightsabres now can't cut through leather jackets
Pottery
>>
>>64734377
You realize that there have been literal fossils found of early man with pieces of bone tools lodged in their skull/body right?
>>
webms of the troglodyte attack?
>>
>>64734995
OH NO THANKS FOR INFORMING ME FRIEND
>>
>>64734411
my wife and her son both enjoyed it but I personally agree with you
>>
>>64734242
what scene?
>>
GODLESS SONS OF BITCHES THE CALVARY IS COMIN
>>
>>64734995
that's called their skeleton
>>
>>64733753
That's Bone Tomahawk you dingdong.

Slow West should have been called how I cucked your girlfriend.
>>
>>64734367
Fur Trade era was only a 30 or so year period in the 1800's until silk killed it. Very distinct and short lived. Would you call World War 1 and World War 2 the same war, since they both were instigated by Germany?
>>
>>64738487
They are kinda the same war.
>>
>>64738487
sorry, meant that reply for the reddit history faggots.
>>
>>64738521
Take that thought straight to Congress, friend.
>>
This movie fucking sucked.

It was the slowest most painful monotonous shit ever. A bunch of retarded faggots walk through the desert and then get rekt by dirty savages, two and a have fucking hours wasted edition.

Can someone explain the appeal of this shit or what the fucking point of it was all I saw was a bad western with some horror elements that was completely devoid of interesting characters, dialogue, suspense, you name it it didn't have it.
>>
>>64734424
>takes place 10 years after the War of 1812

Might as well have cast Eastwood himself
>>
>>64738737
you have to be 18 to post on this site familia
>>
>>64738867

He's right though, the circlejerk over this movie is retarded. Bone Tomahawk was average in every respect, except sound effects which was way below average. Holy shit that's some of the worst foley work I've ever heard.
>>
>>64738867

I'm 24, explain why the movie was good in any way or kill yourself
>>
Best movie of 2015
>>
>>64738966
>Holy shit that's some of the worst foley work I've ever heard.
Glad someone else noticed. I thought it might be the torrent I downloaded. Still loved the film though. Beautifully paced. Acted. Written. Never knew I wanted to see The Searchers by way of Cannibal Holocaust, but turns out that it's something I wanted very much.
>>
>>64736915
this isnt catching on just stop
>>
Worst movie I've seen in months, regretted the download
>>
>>64734686
Finally someone with some common sense. The Revenant was BTFO before it even came out.

Bone Tomahawk

>great acting and strong character work from everyone involved
>actors that look as if they were part of the period
>Native Americans that are intimidating and genuinely menacing
>shocking and realistic depictions of violence
>tasteful use of cg

The Revenant

>shitty thinly sketched characters
>shitty lead that's too fat for the part and has like two lines
>Native American actors that look like they were taken from the nearest reservation that can't act and have no screen presence
>goofy as fuck violence that got laughed off the screen
>terrible cg that's in almost every scene
>>
>>64741911
>>Native Americans that are intimidating

Wiped out in about five minutes by a crippled dude
>>
>>64733608
That's not Hateful Eight.

But seriously, how was Bone Tomahawk?
>>
>>64741911
>shocking and realistic depictions of violence

No way. The black stable boys death was comical. Did you hear the sound they used when he pulled the arrow out of his throat?
>>
>>64743071
It's a slowburn but it's really good. It's also refreshing to have a group of heroes that aren't degenerate assholes but optimistic positive guys who just want to get the job done.
>>
Post death webms
>>
>>64733608
bone tomahawk fucking sucked.
>>
>That ending before they leave Kurt Russell in the cave
>Have a talk with Mr O'Dwyer
>It's the opinion of the backup deputy that I should have a talk with Mr O'Dwyer

What did he mean by this? No seriously, what did he mean?
>>
why didn't they kill those mutilated pregnant women at the end?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.