[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched it Definitely one of the most captivating and moving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 11
File: Revenant.jpg (369 KB, 1280x1811) Image search: [Google]
Revenant.jpg
369 KB, 1280x1811
Just watched it
Definitely one of the most captivating and moving films of the last decade.

That fucking ending, man.
>>
>>64727288
White male lead so it could hardly be that good
Take de caps out and put in Boyega and maybe I'd consider wasting my time.
Where are the women and POC?
Doesn't make sense for his entire hunting team to be completely whitewashed and female free
Ffs nobody wants to watch a white cis circle jerk
>>
>>64727288
>Toxic masculinity on display next to bleach white snow.

I can't watch this film with a clear conscious in 2016
>>
>>64727636
It was directed by a POC, you shitlord.
>>
>>64727727
Should have been nigger snow desu

In all honesty I fucking loved it. Can't knock it really on anything, it was all top-notch.

Wish Hux didn't die though.
>>
>>64727636
>>64727727
>>64727814
For fuck sakes with the memeposts. I mean thanks for the bump but c'mon, can't you do that in another thread?
>>
>>64727288
>1820s firearms being incredibly accurate and fatal
>Permanent full moon
>Le ground level shot looking straight up through the pines meme
>Le drone shot looking straight down through the pines meme
>Finding dry kindling and quickly starting a fire in any conditions
>Bear moving far too fast to be realistic
>Riding over the cliff and surviving
>Never-ending black, white and grey tones
I just didn't like the thing. Discovering that it was cobbled together by the same pretentious wankers who produced the smug & self-congratulatory Birdman was no surprise.
>>
File: sp.png (73 KB, 250x164) Image search: [Google]
sp.png
73 KB, 250x164
>>64727636
>>
>>64727965
>bear moves too fast meme
When will it end?
>>
>>64727288
Ending was like a shitty old boy.
The final fight was 10/10 though
>>
>>64727965
All films are shit if you actively pick apart details like that. You haven't mentioned the story at all, which is the point of most movies. I found it beautiful
>>
>>64727965
This is a load of shit and so was that entire scene.

If that was a real bear Glass would've died instantly. You don't fuck with a grizzly unless you have bear mace, something that wouldn't be developed for a long time.

That and the captain's lack of accent both nearly ruined my suspension of disbelief.
>>
why the indians didn't kill him in the end^? i watched it but i got distracted somewhere in the between
>>
>>64728684
The girl he rescued was with them.
>>
>>64727965
>fatal

please google the caliber of the average musket ball
>>
>>64728684
I thought they were going to offer to let him come with him. Glass was left with nothing...fuck.
>>
>>64728684
just fucking kill yourself
>>
>>64727288
it's total pleb b8 you retarded person
breathtaking visuals but remove them and the film is a 3/10
>>
>>64729504
Removing visuals just makes it a podcast or a radio show
>>
>>64727288
It's a really great movie. Most of the criticism for it is just contrarians grasping for straws.
>>
>>64728538
>nobody has survived a grizzly attack ever

you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>64729668

*your
>>
>>64729606
you know what I mean
take away the visual flair and replace it with average cinematography and the film is worth nothing
the story is garbage
the dialogue is garbage
the plot is garbage

and the sickening thing is that everything that was shit was invented for the movie
>river chase/waterfall
>falling off of cliff
>Leo haunted by dead wife meme
>hunting down Tom Hardy and killing him
all trash
if they trimmed the fat off of the film and gave it a meaningful ending it would have been superb
>no letting maggots eat his rotting flesh
>no him making a raft to float down the river
>no him broing it up with the natives, only the one native who was killed because of needing le epic racism because IT was 2015 DUDE LMAO
>>
>>64727965
>permanent full moon
You watched it, right?
>>
>>64730079
>the story is garbage
It was great
>the dialogue is garbage
nope
>the plot is garbage
nope

and the sickening thing is that everything that was shit was invented for the movie
>river chase/waterfall
>falling off of cliff
>hunting down Tom Hardy and killing him
Those all worked within the film
>if they trimmed the fat off of the film and gave it a meaningful ending it would have been superb
I liked the sad, haunting ending. All that he had strived so hard for, came down to nothing.
>>
>leo got the captain killed on his revenge quest that he ultimately decides is a bad idea once he's in position to make the kill
>>
>>64730882
Glass was going no matter what. The captain chose to tag along.
>>
>>64730619
what makes the story great? please. It was boiled down to as simple of a revenge story as it possibly could have been. Do you know the details of the true story? THAT is a great story.
>>river chase/waterfall
>falling off of cliff
>working within the film
no. If you whittle down a film to a simplistic and kindergarten tier emotional level and then invent shitty cliche plot devices to push that simplistic emotional tone that doesn't count as "working"
>All that he had strived so hard for, came down to nothing.
which is pretty fucking empty and pretentious, considering that the true story is human and about growth and learning to live after suffering, which would have been mirrored the subdued yet horrifying physical journey he endured. Instead we got one of the oldest and emptiest themes in the book pulled off with no self awareness whatsoever.
>>64730882
another retarded detail invented for the film
>>
>>64730882
to be fair the captain was planning on going to hunt down fitzgerald anyways even if glass hadn't insisted on going.
>>
>>64727965
>cliff

Well the snow clearly broke his fall m8
>>
File: 065.jpg (13 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
065.jpg
13 KB, 325x325
>>64731130
>all of the mental gymnastics you go through just to create criticisms that have no basis
How's film school going?

Also,
>it's not EXACTLY like the book told me, so its shit
>>
>>64730079

I don't get why they didn't include his ribs being exposed and natives sewing a pelt to his back. Since that really fucking happened.
>>
>>64731830
>>64727965
I thought he landed on the tree
it would hurt like hell but you wouldn't die

I'm more surprised by his ability to survive under harsh conditions. that level of cold, mixed with his poor health and lack of proper nutrients, he was lucky to have even survived a few hours.
>>
>>64732005

They made a bear move

at literally mach 10 when

that's completely

unrealistic and does

not comport with the

laws of biology or

physics, so what do

you expect?
>>
>>64732093
>bears can't move fast
who started this meme?
>>
>>64732093
>i have never been outside and watched an animal move
>>
>>64727288

FUCK. OFF. REDDIT.
>>
>>64732093
a polar bear can run 25 mph so im sure a grizzly, which is smaller, could easily run just as fast.

fuck it here is your (You) fucking faggot
>>
>>64731831
>all the mental gymnastics you go through to dismiss detailed and important criticisms of this empty and boring film
>implying I read the book
>implying knowing about film is a bad thing when discussing film
sorry dude, the Revenant is edgy and hollow. There is no way around this
>>64732005
because that would have seemed too unrealistic compared to falling off of a cliff and waterfall, so they deciding to keep the shit for teenagers and blow off genuine extremities
>>
>>64732041
This.
>>
File: l2BuRYu.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
l2BuRYu.webm
1 MB, 720x404
>>64732093

everyone just repost this to shut the memefags up
>>
>>64727288
Did people actually think this movie was amazing?

I thought it was decent at best. One of those movies that tries to come off as very good but when it comes down to it is just alright.
>>
File: fug.png (18 KB, 763x393) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
18 KB, 763x393
>>64732337
>>
>>64727288
This movie was copy pasta no joke
>>
Fucking meme movies.

> muh gruelling endurance to make meme
> muh natural lighting memes
> muh srs acting mumbling and squinting meme
> muh long takes meme
> muh Social Justice issues meme

Hilariously for all that Hard Acting Oscar b8ing Leo has been doing he was too fucking lazy to pull the Weight Loss Meme.
>>
>>64732424

You just descibed every Inarritu film.
>>
>>64732550
>weight loss meme in arctic weather
>>
> muh natural lighting memes
literally the only perfect aspect of the film
> muh long takes meme
dont knock Lubezki for this. Competant directors like Curaron know how to utilize Lubezki's long takes for unparalleled dramatic tension and effect. Innaritu just makes the whole movie paceless long takes interspliced with cut and pasted scenery montages and thinks he's doing a good job.
>>
>>64732410
Someone should actually post the bear running away from a truck, already tired out and slowing after realizing it couldn't escape, but still going faster over rough terrain than the truck on a flat dirt road at probably 30 mph. In the real life scenario he ran across the bear with cubs as well which will make any bear even more aggressive and as such, quicker.
>>
File: Capture.png (588 KB, 925x539) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
588 KB, 925x539
>>64732811
>>
>>64728684
The girl he saved that was being raped by the frenchies was that chief's daughter. Remember the indian guy who kept going on about finding his daughter?
>>
>>64730882
>>64731601
>>64731090
I still don't know why they couldn't take a couple more guys. Just two more guys wouldn't slow them down and would make it unlikely for Bane to get the drop on them.
>>
>>64732041
yeah I'm no survival expert, but I would assume that going into the water in that environment would basically be a death sentence for a person
>>
That bear attack was fucking brutal

>oh thank god it's over
>oh fuck it's coming back
>BANG
>FUCK THAT DID NOTHING OH GOD THIS IS THE WORST
>>
>>64728538
Ummm
The dude actually got attacked by one (the real glass) in almost the same way and lived.
UR dumb kid
>>
>>64732093
http://youtu.be/-zptCXYxces

CAN WE ALL QUIT BEING DUMB NIGGERS NOW
>>
>>64733369
the funny thing is that Leo actually did it for the long take shot, twice
difference is that he was able to change into dry clothes and warm up for probably 2 days afterwards
>>64733422
>the tone of your description
>fucking brutal
more like hella fucking epic
>>
>>64733442
Look, man. The bear moved way too fast. Notice that NO ONE is posting webms of the scene in the actual film, they're just posting youtube links and webms of slow fucking irl bears. The Revenant's bear was really, really, really fast. REALLY fast. Too fast to be believed.
>>
>>64727636
there were tons of feather Indian shitskins in this movie though
>>
>>64733422
Seeing the blood flowing out of the wounds was insane.

How'd they do the throat leaking water trick anyway?
>>
>>64732855
>The Martian
>musical or comedy
?
>>
>>64732435
>slow fucking irl bears>>64732435

Ussain Bolt runs at 28mph for comparison
>>
>>64733549
shit, meant for>>64733489
>>
>>64733538
A musical of The Martian would be totally based
>>
>Glass hides in horse scene
>teenager behind me scoffs
>wow, way to rip off Star Wars

jesus christ what the fuck
>>
>>64733705
What, exactly, did he mean by that?
>>
>>64733705
>talking in a movie theater
I hope you at least glared at him.
Nobody even clapped at the end when I went, shit was fucking great.
>>
File: Phil-Spencer_rare_shirt.png (256 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
Phil-Spencer_rare_shirt.png
256 KB, 620x348
>COSTS HALF A BILLION
>IMPLYING IT IS ACTUALLY GOOD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeVBrRB7QH8
>>
>>64733705
Shoulda turned around and told him Jack London did it.
>>
>>64733489
Just give up dude. Animals are quick as fuck. Just because you're a fat slob that takes 5 minutes to walk to the fridge doesn't mean that an animal twice your size can't haul ass when it feels threatened.
>>
>>64729668
>>64729716
I'd post that picture of a white fish in black water looking at a white fishing hook and calling it bait, but I'm on my phone.
>>
>>64733739
He's saying using the horse for warmth is an idea lifted from Star Wars when Han stuffs Luke into a tauntaun carcass to warm him up. But this idea is very old (over 100 years) and made popular in the short story "To Build a Fire" by Jack London. London, in turn, got it from a news item in Canada (probably the 1860 news article about Father Goiffon if you want to research).
>>
>>64733705
>taking a shower in the theater
>some bitch slides me crab butter under my curtain
>spoils Star Wars
>>
>>64727814
well he's a bigot catholic so he's worse than white people
>>
>>64734055
None of that is true.
>>
>you will never cauterize a bear maul wound to your throat by sticking gunpowder on it and lighting it up
>>
>>64734333

I don't think I'll ever produce enough testosterone in my entire life to ever match that level of balls
>>
>>64734135
what about muslims that rape women?
>>
Tom Hardy stole the show to be quite honest with you familias.
>>
File: directing master race.jpg (38 KB, 600x298) Image search: [Google]
directing master race.jpg
38 KB, 600x298
>>64734135
>>64727814
>>
>>64734417

Fitz was a good villain, I'll give you that.

Plus I totally agree with him. We're being chased by like 50 tree niggers, leave the fucker who is CLEARLY going to die and costing us precious time

Not his fault Glass was fucking unkillable
>>
>>64727288
>cinéma that women LITERALLY can't understand or enjoy
>>
>>64734403
it's obvious that's only because of the wars WHITE people have caused for oil so they can drive their Escalades to Starbucks
>>
>>64734720
you are going to make me cum while pumping gas you slut
>>
>>64733865
CG animals are as fast as the animators want them to be, sure. Notice they didn't use a real bear for the scene. Ever wonder why?
>>
>>64728684
The girl he saved (the one who was getting raped) was there so she probably told her dad leo was cool.
>>
>>64734794

because how could you have a real bear attack Leo but NOT kill him and still make it look good?
>>
I didn't have much of an issue with all of the invented stuff (the son, Fitzgerald knife fight etc..) but it seems strange that the left out certain things that actually happened IRL and could have been great in the movie

things like:
- letting maggots eat the rotten flesh off his back to prevent infection
- building a raft to help travel downstream
- native/s sewing the bearskin to his back to help protect the wounds
- driving off wolves from a bison carcass (this is sort of in the movie, but the Pawnee man drives the wolves away)
>>
Just got back from the theater too OP

>those shots of blood and gore mixing with ice and water
>the up front, chaotic action scenes
>Tom Hardy's accent
>the absolutely gorgeous, breathtaking shots of scenery and the sky

definitely a fantastic movie. I actually preferred it to Birdman
>>
>>64735175

I expected maggots when the Pawnee dude said he was rotten. Surprised they didn't use any.
>>
So, I hadn't seen a single thing about this movie until I saw it today, not the original story, not a trailer.

So before I went, I watched one trailer just so I had a rough idea of what I was gonna see.

afterwards, I pretty much thought Leo was gonna be some kinda Native American vengeance spirit killing white dudes all day trying to get to Fitz

Turns out, he just...gets better after the bear attack.

Huh.
>>
>>64735175
>>64735294
he literally put his back on rotten wood for the maggots you ADD riddled children
>>
>>64735381
am I supposed to feel anything from this post other than disgust?
>>
>>64735447

oh is that what he was doing?

fuck I am retarded, that whole scene i was like "since when does wood shavings and dirt heal wounds?"
>>
How was everyone not freezing to death after wading in water like that all the time
>>
>>64735494

probably not
>>
>>64735534

because 1800's men were REAL MEN
>>
>>64732630
Birdman was actually good.
>>
>>64735447
huh? no he didn't
>>
>>64735854
did you download the edited version kid?
>>
>>64735854

yeah I would just dream how he rolled up on a big ass rotten log and let some little white grubs eat his back wounds

yup I just made that shit up must have been a crazy dream
>>
>being able to fuck/rape a girl when it's that fucking cold and you're outside 24/7
>>
>>64735175

>- letting maggots eat the rotten flesh off his back to prevent infection
>- native/s sewing the bearskin to his back to help protect the wounds

huh. That's strange they decided to leave those parts out. I found them fascinating.
>>
>>64735914
>>64735959
it's literally not in the movie
>>
>Leo grunts and yells: the movie

nah it was good tho
>>
I would honestly like to see how much of this movie was just Leo crawling on the ground
>>
>>64736100

you literally either feel asleep or downloaded a censored version

lol
>>
>>64735447
>>64735914
>>64735959

actual quote from Leonardo DiCaprio when asked why there are no maggots in the movie:

>Well, in the search to be authentic as possible, which is what we tried to do in this movie, there were no maggots in winter! So this whole film was in a winter landscape, and there were no… well, there were flies, but there were no maggots.
>>
>>64736218

He laid his back on a rotten piece of wood watch the film dipshit
>>
>>64736218

>well, there were flies, but there were no maggots.

there's no way Leo is that stupid
>>
>>64736264
I just got back from the theater and I have no clue what you're talking about
>>
>>64736264
Leo (i.e. the lead actor in the fucking movie) just BTFO out of your theory dipshit
>>
>>64727636
There was a black guy in the trapping party, actually, in the raid scene at the beginning. Not even like in passing, the camera hangs on him for a while. I distinctly remember thinking 'I bet one day /tv/ will have someone sperging about this'
>>
>tfw leo gets cucked again at oscar season and it goes to the danish faggot
>>
>>64736286
>>64736295
>he watched the censored version

lol just cuck up your lives up he 100% lies on some woods to let maggots eat the dead flesh
>>
I would give this film a 7/10.

The cinematography looked beautiful and everything but at a certain point it becomes gratuitous and unnecessary.

Making Hugh Glass have a child and a native American one at that really irked me and almost ruined the film for me. It seemed like they were trying to give Hugh Glass this Christ like persona. With how cultured he was, the visions, and the whole "revenge is not in my hands". These parts have all the makings of terrible cinema clichés.

That said I was intrigued and the fight scenes were really good. Especially, the opening one. However, I don't think Leo or Innaritu deserve an Oscar.
>>
Anyone else quite flabbergasted that Leo won a golden globe for this performance?

I mean it was a good performance, but for half the film he didn't even move, and for two thirds he didn't speak. All he really had to do was emote pain, which is actually one of the easiest kinds of acting.

There were definitely a LOT of better performances this year, including Tom Hardy in the same movie.

Tumblr and Reddit are going to meme Leo to an oscar and its really quite sad. I dont mind if he wins one day but this performance really isnt that amazing.
>>
>>64736351
>le epik troll man
>>
>>64733495
>>64736303
Haven't watched it la' ;)
>>
>>64736401

I ain't trolling he literally talks about being rotten and needing his flesh ate and lays on a fucking log
>>
>>64736381
I agree, this movie was the true definition of glib.
I'm not memeing.
>>
>>64736357
Tbh I thought there should've been more sweeping scenery shots. They were the best part and I personally can't get enough of beautiful, vast scenery when its important to the tone and setting of the film.

The whole mixed raced son thing is just typical hollywood bs at this point. Definitely ruined the writing in my eyes, but luckily this film isnt about the story.
>>
>>64735175
Don't forget setting his own leg. In fact I'm almost positive its a deleted scene because for the first ten minutes of him crawling out of his grave they fucking keep giving shots of his foot being bent the wrong way as he crawls along the forest floor.
>>
>>64736457
>he literally talks about being rotten

the indian man talks about this

>needing his flesh ate

this doesn't happen

>lays on a fucking log
the indian guy builds him a shelter, puts some grass on his wounds and makes a steam tent
>>
>>64736578
>censored version
>>
>>64735175
>letting maggots eat the rotten flesh off his back to prevent infection

That's not what happens in the book. He has maggots in his back from the rotting, infected wounds so the Indians pour bison urine on his back to get them to come to the surface, then they pick them off.
>>
Why did the french lynch his pawnee buddy?
>>
>>64736606
I saw it in the cinema

you're lying

>>64736622
the novel it's based on (if that's what you're talking about) is fiction
>>
>>64736674
>censored version

I have no doubt you saw some cut up dhit
>>
>>64736697
I have no doubt you are making things up
>>
>>64736723
>he saw the edited version

feeling sad for your life tbqhf
>>
>>64736779
>he pretends in 4chan threads to give himself a life

pathetic tbqphfsmh
>>
>>64736813
>he watched the edited version
>>
Am I missing something? So the one chief looking for his daughter asks the Frenchies for horses bc he wants to find his lost daughter. Then, it's revealed that the Frenchies had the daughter all along? Did I miss something or is it just bad plot planning?

Really liked it tho.
>>
>>64736578
I saw the movie less than an hour ago and this is the truest post regarding the maggot thing. I specifically looked for maggots in that scene (I wasn't familiar with the book but it made sense to me they'd be there) and I only saw wood shavings in his wounds. I admit I could have mistaken maggots for wood but if Leo himself said there weren't maggots in the movie (as in another post in this thread) them I'll trust that and what I feel I saw.
>>
why did the maggots move so fast? real maggots cannot eat that much necrose flesh that quickly
>>
>>64737134
a new meme beckons....
>>
>>64737114
Leo himself is on fucking drugs I trust my own eyes over him
>>
>>64732550
>Social justice issues
Wat
>>
>>64727288
Shit movie. It would've been 11/10 but the horses were too fast so -1/10.
>>
>>64736666
The sign said something about being a savage.
Then it showed the frenchie raping the girl. I guess it wanted to show that both sides were as savage when it came down to basic survival instincts.
>>
>>64733705
Lmao, after that scene some old lady behind me got up and left the theater and never came back.
>>
>>64737279
AKCHULLY
The horses went at normal speed I know this for a fact because I've seen horses in many movies and I know how fast a horse is capable of. The horses in the Revenant didn't even reach max speed I've seen a horse reach in a movie, so that was ok.

BUT
it was the bears that moved too fast. There aren't a lot of bears in movies, but I am an expert on how fast bears move and this bear moved too fast and it was horrible for me how fast the bear moved because it's not real for a bear to be that fast.

BTW
you may know I'm right because if I was wrong or mistaken I'd just say oh actually I don't know anything about bears or their speed and bow out. that I pursue this so strongly is PROOF I'm right
>>
>>64737556
>bears moved too fast
>not the wood maggots
>>
>>64733538
It's basically a comedy.
>>
>>64727965
The only thing that bothered me in the film was how far out Fitzgerald took that rifle shot. Even in the Civil War they were only (barely) accurate out to 300yds, and that shot was easily 150yds. If I were as desperate as Fitz I would have taken the shot from less than 50.

>Finding dry kindling and quickly starting a fire in any conditions
The kindling I can suspend belief, because we never saw how long it took him to get this. The fire starting I did notice that it was probably started by something off screen, although it was ALMOST believable.

>Bear moving far too fast to be realistic
LOL MUH BEAR SPEED MEME

>Riding over the cliff and surviving
He hit the tree, and was knocked out for we're to assume several hours. Pretty believable.

>>64728538
>If that was a real bear Glass would've died instantly.
I got news for you, man.

>the captain's lack of accent
Also the other guy that stayed with Fitzgerald. I accounted it to Brits not knowing how the fuck to do different American accents, it probably sounds exactly the same to them.

I'm easily convinced I'm justified in liking this movie by these threads, because you guys mostly complain about the stupidest shit.
>>
>>64733369
>>64732041
People don't get that this is why the story is so fucking cool. This guy actually fucking did it. Some may be embellished, but he really did take a grizzly 1v1 and then when abandoned by those faggots crawled, then limped 200 fucking miles. Once he found Fitzgerald all he did was get his shit back and go back to trapping/guiding, which is a whole other fucking awesome in my book.

God, it's like people on this board are fucking 10 years old the stupid shit they complain about from this movie. Most of it is totally baseless.
>>
I wish I could kill everyone in this thread.

At one point this board actually knew how to discuss films alongside shit posting and memes but it seems like it's just /b/ now.
>>
>>64732931
Yeah I agree. IRL he did it on his own, but it was just to get his shit back because he didn't have a fucking son.

I guess >hollywood
>>
>>64737089
I share a board with these people
>>
>>64733422
Dude I've seen that bear attack once at the theater and 3x at home, and I just can't get over how real it was. You can see the life seeping out of each of them the entire time in such a real pace.

>>64733500
>How'd they do the throat leaking water trick anyway?
I really wanna know this. That was the only thing I was wondering on my way back from seeing it. I mean, he had so much stuff on that it would've been easy to slip a tube through, but it was PERFECTLY timed.
>>
>>64739589

Cry more cuckmaster
>>
>>64733786
The time I went, the place was packed and all I ever heard was a few hushed gasps/ohfucks during the bear scene and when Fitz's fingers got cut off.

Mind you, this is America where people feel entitled to make any noise they want at any time. Felt great to sit through a movie so peacefully, and have the audience react so sincerely.
>>
>>64734794
>Ever wonder why?
Because no insurance company would ever fucking cover that.

Bears are fast as fuck, man. There's a reason people (who go outside) are taught to run DOWNHILL and not just RUN.
>>
>>64739589
Where do you think you are right now? Huh? You are on the television and film subsection of a Taiwanese image board. Think about it maggot.
>>
>>64732435
Holy fuck thats terrifying.

>tfw go camping a lot
>tfw watching this movie gave me a flashback to when I was 12
>remember being on a camp out with dad
>walking around the forest, gathering wood and shit
>see a bear cub
>think "oh cool"
>walk away

Now that I'm older, I realize how close I was to getting fucked.
>>
>>64739589
A lot of discussion actually did happen ITT but you were too lazy or whatever to look for it. I'm not saying it's a good thing you have to look for it, but if you're gonna take the time to go into a thread and sperg out with "zomg I should literally kill you all" you should try to make sure the reasons you're giving are justified.
>>
>>64737556
i feel like bears can run pretty goddamn quickly
>>
>>64732093
lmao you have clearly never seen a bear do anything other than walk
>>
I dunno guys, I'm about to see this in a few days so I haven't seen a bit of it yet, but what I'm getting is that this is more of a spiritual movie with subtle hints at being dreamlike. Is that accurate? If so I'll love it even more when I go in
>>
File: The Revenant Leo2.webm (536 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
The Revenant Leo2.webm
536 KB, 720x304
>>64727288
this?
>>
>>64732360
>it's not like the book

This isn't a legit criticism of a film. This is stuff that plebs complain about because they can't understand things beyond a surface level.

>edgy

What does this even mean?

>hollow

The only thing that is hollow are your "criticisms".

>>64732550
>> muh Social Justice issues meme
What social justice? the movie depicted the natives are bloodthirsty and violent in some scenes and made you empathize with them in others. Both the white characters and natives did good and evil acts throughout the entire movie.

It was a decent movie. Not amazing, just decent. The man vs nature stuff was top notch; great visuals, sound and tone for everything. The man vs man plot was too contrived and unnecessary. Leaving him for dead was enough, they didn't need to tack on the revenge plot. Leo was passable but his role in this was stronger than usual in part because he didn't have much dialog.

There are better man vs nature movies or movies about the frontier with amazing visuals. Rescue Dawn is great for the former, Black Robe for both but more so the latter.
>>
>>64727288
>>64742750

I thought the ending was the worst part of the movie. Its like Inarritu cant end his films.
>>
File: theevan.jpg (49 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
theevan.jpg
49 KB, 180x180
>>64730079
you're honestly pathetic

I don't understand how someone can go on living being as hateful, insecure and retarded as you are. just put an end to it, y'know, whenever you can.

fucking idiot
>>
>>64732360
every single criticism you've said is just empty shit like "well this is bad because I say so!" and buzzwords like "edgy"

i get you're a pretentious teenage fucking moron who thinks it's badass to be contrarian and try to pick things apart, but there's no basis for that here. anything you've wasted your time on typing with your fat fucking cheeto crusted fingers here is utterly pointless and void of any actual criticism, let alone worth.

go complain about Star Wars, a movie with actual glaring flaws, instead of trying to be cool on /tv/. you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>64733495
>Tree niggers
This new one made me chuckle
>>
>>64727288
watched it yesterday.

Mediocre at best. Pretty good cinematography, though.
>>
That ending with Leo looking straight the camera (and the audience) made me cringe like a motherfucker. I could almost hear him say "Please give me the Oscar."
>>
>>64743149
He got the Golden Globe award so no Oscar for mr eternal cuck.
>>
File: 1367706236211.gif (954 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1367706236211.gif
954 KB, 320x240
I liked the realism of the action scenes. Shit just happens full speed and you don't have time to process or prepare for what is happening, just like real life.

In another director's hands, the opening scene might have ominous shots of indians approaching the trapper camp, moving through tall grass, sneaking up on a lone guy taking a piss off by himself...but nope, in the midst of a normal day in the life of a trapper BOOM you turn your head and there's jimbo with his throat cut stumbling into camp stark naked
>>
>you will never stop a rape of a qt
>>
>>64743480
there were 2 lolis in the theatre next to me who were very vocal about the gore/violence

and during the rape scene one of them blurted out "what is he doing to her??"
>>
>>64727288
>muh dead wife
>muh boy

I hate all these dream/vision sequences. Every film they are in it's the same semi-emotional crap all over again.
The only movie that did it right was Gladiator
>>
>>64743561
;_;
>>
>>64743579
what did their parents say?
>>
>>64743802
they were by themselves, one of them whispered something to the unenlightened one
>>
>>64743877
How did they get in if they're lolis, I wonder? It's rated R. How did the girl react to the explanation?
>>
>>64727288
it was shit fuck you
>>
desu the rest of the movie didnt matter to me after that bear scene. That shit was intense and made the movie automatically alright.
>>
Eh it was fine. Not great or terrible, but fine. DiCaprio gives a terrific physical performance and Tom Hardy is interesting as always. The direction and cinematography are great, but the story is bare bones and by the end of the movie it amounts to jackshit. Overall it was good. 7/10
Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.