[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shannara
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: the-shannara-chronicles-poster.jpg (337 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
the-shannara-chronicles-poster.jpg
337 KB, 2048x1365
Did anyone think this stank of shit?
Like they found some qt22/7s and some retard americunts instead of getting a proper british actor like normal shows and just ended up making an okay book series into a total shit TV series?

Seriously, Allanon was cast so badly it hurt? Fucking Crixus? Really m8? Allanon was supposed to be this old, thin, tall as fuck wizard type dude and he ends up as this fucking security-guard-looking fucknut.

The Elven High Council looked like a bunch of faggots.
Eventine Ellesedil looked too fat and not very elven. Neither qt could act.
The older elf prince brother looked like a typical aggro'ed americunt. The younger prince bro was probably the only half-decent character but he didn't get much screen time.

I never really thought much of the books, they were just a bit too Tolkien (yes I know the original book was cloned directly from LOTR trilogy) but they weren't that bad sometimes.

I don't even know why they bothered with this desu. I think Brooks must have been feeling jelly of fat bastard and wanted his own pseudo-high-fantasy series made into a TV show.

3/10 so far, and that's mostly for the qts and the backdrops which look frickin good.
>>
Also how did 4 episodes get released in 3 days? Someone must have leaked it on purpose because they knew it would tank unless they got some hype forming
>>
>>64713318
>I don't even know why they bothered
$$$$
hoping to bank on Game of Thrones
I like it only because its shannara but everything you said is right.
>>
>>64713542
Also didnt they screw up on the druids keep or did the druids fix it up later on. Wasn't there supposed to be a magical forest guarding it.
>>
>>64713318
>mtv
How could you expect it to be anything but shit?
>>
>>64713376
They are all available on demand on cable in the first day. The streams online are late lmao. Not leaked if it's on cable .
>>
>>64713318
I expected shit, and I got what I expected.
>>
i liked it
>>
>literally everyone is white except two unnamed elves who were asian and black

thought mtv was beyond this baka
>>
File: 1452286795199.png (141 KB, 355x324) Image search: [Google]
1452286795199.png
141 KB, 355x324
>>64713765
>>
>>64713765
Me too anon.
>>
>>64713318
So you mad they're not British? God you cunts are insufferable. At least soon the shitskins will take over and we will be rid of your faggotry once and for all.
>>
>>64713926
Don't make me come over there and be awkwardly polite to you
>>
>>64713592
I haven't seen a mtv series before so I just gave them the benefit of the doubt

>>64713630
How long will it be for the others to come through? I wish you hadn't told me because I'm just going to marathon them now

>>64713807
this desu, when will americans get over this tokenism bullshit
>>
>>64713318
>let's mix the hunger games and Narnia!

my balls on their noses
>>
>>64714278
Sorry, the first 4 are on cable. They all game out first day. The others haven't been yet
>>
>>64713926
I'm mad they couldn't act
I'm not even white
>>
>>64713318
>hurr why not british
because its set in future america you retard?
>>
File: tumblr_nran3sP6Ca1qidrpho2_540.gif (1 MB, 540x238) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nran3sP6Ca1qidrpho2_540.gif
1 MB, 540x238
>>64713318
I have enjoyed this show, it's clearly Xena level and shouldn't be taken as serious art.

I like the scenery which is sometimes really beautiful with sparkly noises in the background and music that could come from LotR or Skyrim.

The girls are very good looking and it has the guy from Spartacus, Gimli son of Gloin and the girl from Pans Labyrinth.

The villain is kind of scary, at least he's not a pretty boy in a dark suit like Force Awakens bad guy.

The CGI is good for a tv show, but the acting and script are pretty meh.

I feel I can relate to the characters and I genuinely am interested in seeing the main 3 peoples relationship building.

This could be a good one.
>>
>>64713318
>Did anyone think this stank of shit?

Yes, but it was still worth watching. It is better than The Musketeers series on BBC. It is shit, but the sets and wardrobe are awesome. Shannara has awesome sets and atmosphere...and 3-4 shitty young adults who can't act for shit.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.