[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CLONE WARS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: animationvscgi.png (526 KB, 513x458) Image search: [Google]
animationvscgi.png
526 KB, 513x458
Who did it better or worse?
>>
>>64707120
Genndy Clone Wars was the best
>>
>>64707120
I prefer the CGI.
>>
>>64707120
2003 series was phenomenally animated, but goddamn the characters and stories of the 2008 series are pretty decent.

>neither actually feel like Star Wars
>>
I really, really, really, really, really hate Genndy's animation style. It looks like something from Newgrounds, with all the thick outlines and perfectly smooth, computer-generated tweens.

Which is a shame because besides that, I love almost everything he's made.
>>
>>64707491
Not that this was your point, but Filoni's series isn't much else to look at either.
>>
>>64707120
Both a more watchable and entertaining than the prequels themselves
>>
>>64707629
filoni's is written like a fanfiction done by neckeards that are alien to good writting. The camera work looks god awful as well too.
>>
>>64707120
Tartakovsky's was better, even with Mace Windu being absurdly overpowered.
>>
>>64707729
Say what you want us about us neckbeards, but I don't think we would have the droids acting like a bunch of clowns with Grievous as their king retard.
>>
>>64707629
I hated that shit from the start.

Why does everyone look like they're made of wood? They actually look like wood sculptures or something. It's a very strange stylistic choice.

That one episode guide says it received a budget boost and started looking better a few seasons in, so maybe I'll give it another try.
>>
>>64707120
I fucking love Tartakovskys version. Its so action packed and intense, the latest version is a snooze fest and fillled with SJFW and feminism garbage.

Also, i love how Dindu sometimes uses moves only people from the dark side are "allowed" to use. He fucks up Grievous's lung pretty bad.
>>
The Genndy one is better overall. Much more even quality-wise, fantastic fight scenes, has good character interactions, foreshadows Vader in a simple and effective way, Grievous is an actual badass.

That being said, I like the voice acting in the CGI one better. Ventress, Anakin, and Padme all sound better in the CGI version. The CGI itself isn't bad at all, especially for a tv show, and sometimes the writing crosses over into actually being good, but most of the time, it's just mediocre.
>>
>>64707120

They're even in my mind.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.