[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JJ Abrams: Objectively Worst Director?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: jjabrams.jpg (266 KB, 1158x1067) Image search: [Google]
jjabrams.jpg
266 KB, 1158x1067
Seriously, is this the worst director in the history of cinema?

>critics hate him because he's extremely derivative and unoriginal

>audiences hate him because he's doesn't add anything to the lore only tries to manipulate their nostalgia

>other directors hate him because his success is based entirely on copy/pasting them

>screenwriters hate him because he only knows how to create Mary Sues

>/tv/ hates him because he's literally killing the art of film making while tarnishing the legacy of other greats (please come back George)

Can anyone say anything positive about this hack?

The only thing I can think of is that he finally made people appreciate what a genius Lucas actually was (and still is) and that the prequels were at the very least bold, stylistic and, yes, ORIGINAL.
>>
>>64706971

His nose looks like a penis.

Don't know if good or bad, just wanted to say it.
>>
>>64706971
YOU ARE NEW EMPIRE?
>>
File: whocouldbebehindthispost.jpg (73 KB, 1039x914) Image search: [Google]
whocouldbebehindthispost.jpg
73 KB, 1039x914
>>64706971
he is a great director. you go-, uh, i mean guys should give him another chance.
>>
>>64707001
What kind of fucked up penises have you been looking at?
>>
His regurgitated slop sells, and that is literally all that matters.

Want to change shit in Hollywood? Stop paying to see the garbage, urge others to stop paying to see the garbage.
>>
>>64707001
I think so too.
>>
>>64706971
He is the paying homage to his childhood and teenage years influences.
But wheras Tarantino succeeds Abrams is just fucking awful.
>>
>>64706971
Where is this evidence of mass dislike of him? I mean yes anyone can see he's a hack fraud, but the power of marketing is too strong.
>>
>>64706971
all of his movies are financial successes and score well with most critics, Plus he has a very successful TV career
>>
>>64706971
Okay here's the thing about J.J. Abrams, he's the guy who used tracer paper to copy Whilce Portacio and Marc Silvestri's art style 23 years ago and becomes a competent artist. He dies sadly some years after but for the most part, he's a near perfect competent copy of the masters that came before him.

And that's J.J., he's a perfect copier of better movies done by masters of the art. J.J.'s not as awesome as he should be because he's not a creator, but a re-creator.

As bad as George Lucas' prequels were they felt grander, bigger, more spacious than TFA was.

Cloverfield was a great monster's movie, but War of the Worlds felt like an even better monster movie, hell, there's a part of Man of Steel that was classic 50s alien invasion horror that felt more compelling than all of Cloverfield.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.