[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how come R2 never uses his rockets again after episode 3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: r2d2_rockets.jpg (137 KB, 644x375) Image search: [Google]
r2d2_rockets.jpg
137 KB, 644x375
how come R2 never uses his rockets again after episode 3?
>>
He didnt need them
>>
>>64696293
Used up all the propellant in the first act of Episode III. It's non-refillable, and the jets are non-replaceable.
An astromech knows that once his jump jets are used up, they're used up. R2 used his for the last time to save himself from battle droids on Grievous's starship.
>>
>>64696293
>>64696370
>>64696373
he uses them in clone wars retards

also they didn't have the budget for that in the OT and R2 is never in a situation where he needs them anyway
>>
R2-D2 and C3PO are just two low-class, greedy, and morally reprehensible bunch of droid peasants making shit up along the way to make themselves look great until they. By New Hope, people were tired of their shit and beat the crap of them.
>>
>>64696391
The clone wars were before episode 3 you retard
>>
sm︂︂h t︂︂bh f︂︂am
>>
File: Clone_trooper_pilot.jpg (84 KB, 700x550) Image search: [Google]
Clone_trooper_pilot.jpg
84 KB, 700x550
>>64696293
Because we're out of rockets, sir.
>>
>>64696391
Only retards watch shitty cartoons.
>>
>>64696431
>>64696293
>tfw prequels were better than TFA at least they were a new story and not a rehash.
>>
>>64696391
He could of just rocketed to that old guys place in part 1.
>>
>>64696431
I would love a live action film set during the Clone Wars itself.

Part of the Star Wars:Anthology brand. Standalones of historical Star Wars events.
>>
bail oregano cut them off
>>
>>64696293
because star wars is written poorly and is a piece of shit franchise with glaring plot holes only a child or retard would miss
>>
>>64696598
Kill this meme.

If you think the prequels are anything but unforgivable, you have autism.

If you're just meme-ing, you have autism.

If you're just pretending to have autism, you have autism.
>>
>>64696686
>meme
>not fact

Even the crew had to answer the critics saying its a remake of ANH for a new generation.
>>
File: 1439172822012.jpg (78 KB, 388x500) Image search: [Google]
1439172822012.jpg
78 KB, 388x500
>>64696738
>dat filename

Top kek.
>>
They erased their data. It's like a computer without scsi drivers and the cd rom is hooked up, but the os doesn't detect it.
>>
>>64696755

Still better than episode 2 senpai
>>
how come R2's juices can melt metal droids?
>>
>>64696293
Because you want to apply crappy PT concepts to the OT.
Shame on you, OP.
>>
>>64696598
Have to agree from what we seen so far. The best thing about TFA was the unnamed stormtrooper with bad ass melee skills and an epic one liner.

Effectively making Captain Phasma,Rey,Poe and Finn completely fucking invisible to fans after the movie.

He's become the new Boba Fett something Phasma was supposed to be.

The most talked about and quoted characters are Kylo Ren, Supreme Leader Snokes(I think its Darth Plagueis personally) and "TR-8R"

I'll be torrenting the 3 standalones and only watching the 2 remaining main episode movies at cinemas.
I'm looking forward to the Knights of Ren coming to play in VIII. 12 male actors were cast to play them recently to work alongside Kylo Ren. Lightsaber battles should be epic.

Hopefully VIII and IX are new things now that the fan homage has been done with TFA.
>>
>>64696598
>le epik new = good meme

:^)
>>
>>64696807
if they removed the love scenes or made them more natural it would have been okay. It's Lucas's fault as he even admits he doesn't "do people".

After all the prequels were the story of Anakin's origins and his rise as Vader and the rise of the Galactic Empire and Emperor Palpatine.

Whats the main plot for the new trilogy? It's very weak so far and honestly I didn't find it that memorable.

Its also fucking ridiculous they claim the empire fell after just 1 year.
>>
>>64696615
Did you never play lego star wars? He can only use them for like 10 seconds until he has to land.
>>
>>64696934
I don't particularly like the ground battle set up for the prequel. Just throwing all troops and tanks on wide, flat, open grounds and walking them into each other is retarded. I enjoy all of the new designs in the prequel though, even if most of them end up having to be CGI render that age very poorly
>>
Maybe they got broken ?
>>
>>64696934
TR-8R being a meme on /tv/ doesn't necessarily mean he's as popular with normies.
>>
>>64697087
Sorry bro I must have missed that Nintendo game while I was at WORK!!
>>
>This will begin to make things right.

https://www.change.org/p/disney-lucasfilm-kathleen-kennedy-george-lucas-back-to-the-star-wars-movies
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.