[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Original or remake?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Original or remake?
>>
>>64695425
Remake. It shits all over the original technically, a real masterpiece in that regard. Its problems are the same as the originals too and those can be traced back to the source material.
>>
Fincher's version is 100x better

Anyone who says otherwise is a contrarian.
>>
>>64695425
the original is so shit compared to the remake. But it's a dead end either way story-wise so just watch it for that fincher goodness.
>>
>>64695425
Both

Although remake is better.
>>
>>64695425
US by far.

It's also technically not a remake but a second adaptation
>>
>>64695425
remake is a timeless piece of art. vulnerable and muted roon salander

original is kinda unique but also ugly. rapeface salander is sharp and stronk
>>
>>64695425
the original has more soul, character, personality, comfy, pezzaz :^^^^)

original is straight up an inferior version in all regards.
>>
Wait, hang on, what were the merits of the remake? Haven't seen the original but thought Fincher's version was a pretty uninteresting and forgettable thriller.
>>
find a flaw, i dare you
>>
>>64695599
>pretty uninteresting and forgettable thriller.

The story is so fucking garbage so it makes it uninteresting. Fincher has mastered the technical aspect of filmmaking though so I'd watch it for that reason.
>>
>>64695597
Naomi Rapace defined the performance that Mara recreated for the American version.
>>
>>64695425
Remake is more or less good
Original is meh
>>
fincher makes good flicks desu fám
>>
>>64695599

If you didn't like the remake the original will also do nothing for you.

It's the same movie with weaker direction and actors. Fincher was smart enough to take the original autistic Terminator version of Lisbeth and tweak it into something more human and vulnerable, which Oplev never does. Also the change to the final twist Fincher made was a million times better then the original novel.

I think people were angry over the remake because honestly the actual fucking story is pretty stupid, which is easier to notice in your own language. I've seen plenty of thrillers that were just as ridiculous as English-language potboilers, but because they're "foreign" they get an art-house pass.

Same thing happened to Dragon Tattoo. What was so atmospheric in Swedish comes off as silly in English. I enjoy he first book a lot as a well-made airport thriller, but the people who thought it was some sort of great Chandler-esque mystery were always retards.

Also there's a reason Fincher never made the sequels, both of them are immensely stupid. You would seriously have to throw both books into the trash and re-write them from the ground up.
>>
File: Rooney_question1.png (106 KB, 286x322) Image search: [Google]
Rooney_question1.png
106 KB, 286x322
Valhalla, I am coming.
>>
>>64695801
>it's a Rooney goes home for the Holidays and finally gets to access her absolutely gigantic home LEGO collection episode
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.