[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did he actually do anything wrong? A little eccentric and persistent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Gaston-Beauty-and-the-beast.jpg (32 KB, 618x412) Image search: [Google]
Gaston-Beauty-and-the-beast.jpg
32 KB, 618x412
Did he actually do anything wrong? A little eccentric and persistent maybe but not a villian.

For God sakes the man took on a giant monsters by himself. Pretty heroic if you ask me.

I haven't seen it in 13 years going off memory here
>>
Not really until the end when he realized that Belle had fallen for the Beast and it drove him insane with jealousy.

Also, eccentric isn't the right term. More like chauvinistic. Definitely a negative character trait, but not really evil.
>>
>>64691563
The point of Gaston is that he was a hero in every way except his motive.
>>
No and that was the point

In literally any other story he'd be the hero
>>
>>64691636
From his perspective I think he was acting rationally (in the beginning). Like he actually stayed an fought for belle. Brutal how he went out.

>>64691671
Interesting. Make sense except wasn't his initial rescue of belle an actual desire to help her. Then it's only after he saw she didn't want to go is when he was bad.
>>
NO ONE
>>
>>64691563
The only way you can make him into a misunderstood hero is if you leave out the part where he threatens to have Belle's father locked up unless she marries him.
>>
He does make a sudden transformation into a super evil murderous villain at the end, but at least it's not as poorly executed as the villain from Frozen.
>>
File: 1451884361343.gif (364 KB, 535x535) Image search: [Google]
1451884361343.gif
364 KB, 535x535
>>
>whole town disgusted with Belle
>sing mocking songs about her behind her back
>enter Gaston
>all the hot bitches throw pussy at Gaston
>has none of it, only has eyes for that weirdo Belle, seeing past her eccentricities
>Belle continually rebuffs him, but he keeps trying
>Belle gets kidnapped by an evil monster in an enchanted castle
>rides out to defeat the monster and save Belle
>gets there and she's already ready for the monster's BMC
>"no gaston, we speciesmix now"

Is there a bigger cuck than Gaston?
>>
All of the actual Disney villains are envious old women. The men just have conflicting interests with the protagonist.
>>
File: Jafar.jpg (180 KB, 1264x752) Image search: [Google]
Jafar.jpg
180 KB, 1264x752
>>64692528
I wouldn't say all.
>>
>>64691563
Literally me t b h
>>
>tfw you will never be bargemode

Just cut my gains to pieces
>>
>>64692396
you know... i can see it now

oh boy
>>
>>64692582

I don't have much of a retort, but the Sultan was a complete manchild to be fair.
>>
>>64692396

is BMC propaganda also pushing a BBC propaganda agenda?
>>
>>64691563
>Pretty heroic if you ask me.
That's the point, retard. Everyone in town was rooting for him. The reason he's evil is that the Beast- wasn't. He basically tried to kill an innocent person even after finding out that Belle loved the Beast.
>>
To be honest, gaston behaves exactly as a man of his time should. An uneducated man from the 18th century is obviously not going to start preaching about 20th century feminist theory. He wanted to marry Belle, despite there being other more conventional women available to him and was utterly non plussed when she turned him down, mainly because in real life Gaston was the best husband a peasant girl was likely to get.

Trying to kill the beast is completely understandable - he's a frightening monster who kidnaps people. From Gaston's perspective he behaves entirely correctly.
>>
>>64691563
In one line, he sings that he eats 4 dozen eggs a day.
48 eggs.
On average, for every three chickens you own, you'll get 2 eggs a day.

Gaston owns at least 72 chickens to support his protein intake.
>>
>>64692866
>owns SEVENTY TWO chickens
>this monster cock hungering slut belle still won't marry him
>>
>>64692923
I can't stop laughing at this
>>
>>64691563
HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR
>>
>>64691563
He did threaten to lock up Belle's dad. Other than that, pretty normal guy to be honest.
>>
Obligatory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUjI-293DNc
>>
>>64692765
>>64692396
The Beast, who was a prince before getting turned into a monster, was a red-headed blue-eyed white man, so your weird cuck projection makes zero sense

If anything Beauty and the Beast, while one of the best Disney renaissance films, should be recognized as the blatant bluepilll propaganda that it is. The original French story is about a spoiled manchild who is literally turned into a neckbearded monster and yet ends up with the princess anyway because he learns to be nice. Meanwhile Gaston, the alpha male, is made out to be the villain.

Single mothers coach their male children to be the opposite of the man who knocked her up, I.E. a beta nice guy. Thus Beauty and the Beast is a female fantasy in the form of a Disney movie, as most Disney movies are.
>>
>>64694176
In fairness, her father is literally insane.
>>
>>64692215
GETS KEKED LIKE GASTON
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.