[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dune is my favorite novel ever, so will I enjoy this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
Dune is my favorite novel ever, so will I enjoy this?
>>
File: 023.jpg (143 KB, 600x778) Image search: [Google]
023.jpg
143 KB, 600x778
>>64680295
>science fiction novel
>>
It's better than the novel.
>>
>A place beyond your dreams

I highly doubt that
>>
>>64680295
It's okay if you've actually read the book. Great visualization, it's just impossible to follow the story if you're not familiar with the book.
>>
>>64680295
In a different way, yes
>>
Are you autistic enough to bitch about it not being a 1:1 copy of the book? If so then no.

Are you fine with a movie that follows the same plot but blurs some of the details in order to make the story understandable to the general moviegoing public? Then yes.

Also, Sting in rubber underwear.
>>
>>64680295
If you are not a huge bitch you probably will.
>>
>>64680295
Since you already understand the jist of it, watch it. There's also deleted scenes.

Don't let anyone fool you into watching the miniseries because "it's so good." It holds up until the third act. The final battle is gay as fuck and the movie portrays it much better.

The Children of Dune miniseries is on point for the most part. Watch that too
>>
File: 1449712214286.jpg (161 KB, 456x469) Image search: [Google]
1449712214286.jpg
161 KB, 456x469
No..movie fucking sucks. Lynch is a hack.
>>
>>64681316
The final battle is pants-on-head retarded in both the movie and miniseries. The miniseries at least had the excuse of an incredibly low budget. To the movie's credit, the battle scene is bad in an entertaining and charmingly 80's way.
>>
The spice must flow senpaitachi
>>
File: FB_IMG_1451089541768.jpg (33 KB, 490x640) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1451089541768.jpg
33 KB, 490x640
Senpaitachi
Senpaitachi
Senpaitachi
Senpaitachi
>>
>>64680475
>understandable to the general moviegoing public
hahahaha
>>
>>64681641
yeah, but like you said, it was entertaining, charming and memorable.

I long for the day when that final battle is done right.
>I want to see all those orbiting spaceships in the night sky as the battle unfolds.
>I want to see the columns of levitating platforms descending to the ground, filled with Sardaukar
>I want to see that gladiator fight w/ the Atreides brute vs Feyd
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.