[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TFA is fucking SHIT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 28
File: kylo-ren-header.jpg (48 KB, 640x379) Image search: [Google]
kylo-ren-header.jpg
48 KB, 640x379
What the fuck did i just watch? no seriously, what the fuck?

i dont know where to start with this monstrosity of a flick. if it wasn't for the obvious faces and lightsabers it would just be the usual high budget flick with the thinking that fancy effects and explosions will make a 'movie' good. fucking wrong.

i couldnt tell if it was at the start, beginning or end due to the lack of structure and plot - infact im still struggling to see what the plot was? the whole thing dragged out to see some old fuck standing on the cliffs - greeeaat.

what really fucking me off was how they mocked the dark side to be a laughing stock. that pathetic joke making the clone troopers run away when kylo was throwing a tantrum.
-kylo was meant to be the evil sith boss but actually got KILLED by a girl using a lightsaber for the FIRST FUCKING TIME. the fucking dindu put up a good fight, they both have zero fucking knowledge in using one, let alone the force in general. what the fuck?
how can anyone possible criticise the prequels with pieces of liberal shit like this one? there were no characters in TFA with any presence, or something that made you think 'wow i like this guy'. the prequels had mace windu, anakin, obi wan, darth vader, darth maul, etc. what did this one have? the characters were fucking dull as fuck, im actually angry as im typing this i just cant get over what i just watched and i need to vent it somewhere.

trust disney to fuck up this bad. i dont even need to mention (but i will anyway) the obvious racism with the dark side being all white, and the 'goodies' being a melting pot of spics, chinks, dindus, females etc. how can this racism even be allowed?

sadly ticket sales determine the success of a film, and so people will feel obligated to think this flick was good but in reality it was tediously boring, which lacked a plot, characters with any redeeming qualities, and made the dark side a joke.
>>
>>64674672
>What the fuck did i just watch? no seriously

Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

A good movie.
>>
Jesus dude, this isn't a blog
>>
File: 1412651113110s.jpg (12 KB, 250x247) Image search: [Google]
1412651113110s.jpg
12 KB, 250x247
>>64674703
>a good movie

has memeing gone too far?
>>
You watched a trailer for episode 8, a good story for another cash grab.
>>
>>64674672
>bitching about the characters, the one good aspect of the movie
>suggesting that the characters in the prequels are more memorable
Just die in your sleep already
>>
File: 1364610775225.gif (205 KB, 228x160) Image search: [Google]
1364610775225.gif
205 KB, 228x160
>>64674703
>A good movie.
>>
>>64674722
>has memeing gone too far?

I think you're proving it has, yes.

It wasn't perfect. JJ had an enormous task, and he executed it really well.
>>
File: virtual kek.png (187 KB, 302x354) Image search: [Google]
virtual kek.png
187 KB, 302x354
>>64674703
>A good movie.
>>
>>64674800
what was good about it?
>>
>>64674672
Typical anti-JJ brigade. You guys are the worst of the worst. Always crying because Disneys best director is reinvigorating Star Wars with his top selling movie. I bet you guys are the same idiots crying about the Star Trek too. Well too bad, his TFA is highly praised everywhere else like reddit, and will go down as one of the best. TfA took old and boring characters and reinvigorated them into a new progressive age. You guys need to catch up instead of staying stuck in the past.

And there is nothing you can do to stop the JJ train, lol
>>
>>64674672
The best star wars movie in 30+ years. Chill the fuck out dude it's pretty good. And it's a fucking movie why are you so mad? Literally has no impact on your life
>>
>>64674787
>>64674842

samefag harder
>>
File: count-dooku.jpg (68 KB, 400x550) Image search: [Google]
count-dooku.jpg
68 KB, 400x550
>>64674775
>mace windu
>general grievous
>obi wan
>sheev
>qui gon
>dooku

>not memorable

ok lad
>>
File: youtried.png (5 KB, 340x112) Image search: [Google]
youtried.png
5 KB, 340x112
>>64674987
Swing and a miss
>>
>>64674905

Well. I liked the set and character designs, felt like the OT. Good new characters that worked. Rey was cute and her story/mystery was compelling. Finn was funny. Poe was pretty cool. Rea was a great, complex villain. Ford woke up and acted and it was refreshing. Great action scenes. Loved the final reveal. Some emotional moments. I like that there was a bit of depth or questions left to ponder.
>>
File: noto kylo ren.jpg (47 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
noto kylo ren.jpg
47 KB, 640x640
>>64675050
>Rea was a great

*Ren

Really compelling character.
>>
>>64675050
>her story/mystery was compelling
>There are people who think this
>>
>>64675050

These are the people your posting with. Let that sink in.
>>
>>64675015
You were a child when those movies came out. You like those characters because you bought their toys. They weren't actually good.
>>
File: image.png (355 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
image.png
355 KB, 360x480
>>64674703
>A good movie.
>>
File: Tragedy.jpg (981 KB, 1456x816) Image search: [Google]
Tragedy.jpg
981 KB, 1456x816
>>64675050
there was no depth. the whole thing was a fast paced action movie using star wars as a mask.
no finn wasn't funny. and the fact that you see no problem with him having his personality considering he was taken at the age of 5 and supposedly brainwashed to be loyal to the dark side, its funny how he had this moral superiority.

rey is cute but that doesnt add anything to the quality of a movie.
the prequels had depth and cosy conversations like pic related, there was none of that in TFA.

you have a bad taste in movies man
>>
File: STAR WORST.png (1021 KB, 1115x1380) Image search: [Google]
STAR WORST.png
1021 KB, 1115x1380
>malnourished scavenger Rey fights off two men twice her size
> malnourished scavenger Rey, who one might assume has hardly piloted much at all on Jakku, easily outmaneuvers two TIE fighters while flying through a scrapyard and though the inside of a Star Destroyer, even doing a “back-flip” maneuvers to destroy one of the TIE fighters
> malnourished scavenger Rey is a master mechanic that can quickly identify problems with complex ships, like the Millennium Falcon, that she's never been on before
> malnourished scavenger Rey gets full on Force-vision from touching a lightsaber; hears Obiwan speaking
> malnourished scavenger Rey has never used a gun before, fumbles at first, then suddenly starts dropping storm troopers left and right like she’s Jesse James
>Kylo Ren, highly trained through years of study as a Jedi, a Sith, a Knight of Ren, can barely mind read Rey, yet she mind reads his mind easily in return
> malnourished scavenger Rey does a Jedi mind trick on Stormtrooper guard out of nowhere
>Trained Force user Kylo Ren has trouble pulling a lightsaber towards him, but it rockets towards malnourished scavenger Rey from 40 meters
>100-pound malnourished-scavenger-turned-barely-trained swordwoman beats a 200- pound highly-trained Sith/Jedi swordsman
>>
heres the thing

people went in droves to see TFA solely based on star wars nostalgia alone

if TFA truly was a stinking turd, then the next one will be the one to suffer in ticket sales
>>
>>64675050

kill yourself
>>
>>64675328
im more upset that former janitor stormtrooper held his own in the fight against the sith trainee
>>
>>64675307
There's more actual depth and visual storytelling in the shot of the fallen star destroyer than in all three prequels combined, you absolute monster pleb. The Episode III scene you're referring to is blunt and obvious
>>
>>64675459
He got his ass kicked though
>>
>>64675352
which is why disney was clever and made sure there are spin offs inbetween releases that don't have to worry about being a real star wars movie
>>
>>64675352

like this:
The Phantom Menace: $1.03billion
Attack of the Clones: $649million
Revenge of the Sith: $848.8million

Phantom Menace had a huge haul because it was the first SW movie in decades. It's widely considered the worst of the prequel trilogy, but nobody knew that going in. It was so bad that Attack of the Clones made little over half what Phantom Menace made. Fucking ouch
>>
>>64675352
Nope. Many of the people I knew, including my students were either not into SW or too young when the prequels came out. They went in with only a general awareness of star wars. Like it or not, Disney has succeeded to not only revive the franchise but more importantly, reinvigorated the fanbase. New blood have come in with TFA as their entry point, and they expect more of the same. Don't take me wrong, I'm not gloating. We as SW fans are obsolete. In gaming terms, Disney have made more money from 'casuals' than autistic spergs and will continue to do so. They will get half of their initial investment for buying it from sellout Lucas just from TFA alone. And they are not limiting themselves to just another 2 movies. There are spin offs, games, toys, cartoons already. In short, your prediction is unfortunately wrong.
>>
>>64674672
You watched a good popcorn flick, anon. without fart jokes and stiff distant acting.
>>
>>64675539
he shouldnt have survived.

>>64675485
ok now i know youre just taking the piss. we're done here if you honestly believe that. there was not a single bit of depth to TFA, nothing apart from fancy explosions and boring battle scenes, forgettable dialogue etc. fuck you
>>
>>64674672
tomorrowland (another 2015 disney flick) was actually a better movie
i even cared about the well being of the loli rather than han´s
>>
>>64674672
Yo reddit whats good?
>>
>>64675635
if they were truly that young, then that would tell me their parents, who paid for the movie tickets afterall, were the ones with the nostalgia
>>
>>64675703
>Rey sees an old woman cleaning the same part she is
>she stops to look at her
>she realizes that that's her future self if she doesn't get off Jakku
Name a single scene in the prequels that did visual storytelling this well
>>
>>64675588
>TPM
>on same level as TFA

I know memeing is a habit but lmao nigger.
>>
Just watched it, liked it. Poe and Finn were enjoyable characters, Chewbacca wasn't annoying, liked Kylo Ren a lot.

Only things that annoyed me were too dynamic cameras where it wasn't needed, Rey doing a mind trick out of nowhere with no clue that it was even possible and the sense of time/scale (like the ability to walk between locations on an entire fucking planet or the ability to react to the charging of a super weapon with an assault from another system)
>>
>>64674672
Yikes
>>
>>64675635
This, Star Wars is dead.
Its name however will live on as Marvel Capeshit 2.0 wearing Star War's skin like Leatherface
>>
>>64674672
This pasta is a bit al dente
>>
>>64675908
>a mind trick out of nowhere with no clue that it was even possible

she was likely trained in her past, even if not she saw the ability in ren when he got in her head
>>
>>64675875
not saying its the same level, Phantom Menace is just the only comparison we can make. First SW movie after a hiatus, ignites a new trilogy, etc

Only time will tell if TFA is the Phantom Menace of the new trilogy or not. I'm willing to wait and check out the sequels. I'm just under no delusions that TFA is somehow god's gift to movies or SW fans. It's not even better than the last SW movie we got
>>
>>64675588
No, that was because Lucas IS a hack. He is a great visionary and SFX pioneer but a good director he is not. People got burned by the turgid acting, uninspired dialog, static shots and jar jar. Or just jar jar. JJ learnt from this mistake and instead focused more on the main chatacters, making us invested in them, instead of focusing on Senate motions, trade sanctions and midichlorians. The new TFA characters were PURPOSELY painted in broad strokes so that they have wriggling room to flesh them out in the next episode, according to what the audiences like or dislike. Spergs grown up on Lucas, won't like this. They are used to seeing the entire movie spelled out in the opening crawl like a 5th grader's history assignment.
>>
>>64674800
>had an enormous task
no he didn't. his task was just make something that wasn't complete shit as evidenced by how people are praising him for plagerism
>>
>>64675865
she looks at some old hag and realises she doesn't want to live that life

WOW SO DEEP. youre really reaching arent you? i bet it must be hard. all these years of anticipation for a movie which you hoped so much to be good but instead turned out garbage. youre just trying to reach for scenes to make them better than they actually are. read back over that post, its really nothing special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xP3fI7yn5s

this scene with obi wan and anakin talking is one of many scenes that are superior to TFA
>>
>>64674926
>highly praised by Reddit
You rustling son?
>>
>>64676001
TFA is a much better film than Episide III by nearly every filmmaking standard. It has actual scenes, with cinematography that consists of more than just shot/reverse shot, and characters who feel like actual human beings.
>>
>baddies blow up the republic senate homeworld
>jj doesnt have the balls to put jar jar front and center before the explosions

you had one job, jj
>>
>>64675998
If it's revealed she had training in the past I have absolutely no problem with it.

Kylo's mind scanning was more like Xavier mind probing than telling someone what to do
>>
>>64675786
Dude. This is not the 1960's. 10 year old kids are toting iphones this days. I have four kids. I don't do it but my friends regularly give their school age kids 100 bucks per week as pocket money. Ticket price is chump money.
>>
>>64676064

>millennial babby weaned on prequels thinks he can discuss cinema

cuuuuute
>>
File: 1361564649956.jpg (74 KB, 512x351) Image search: [Google]
1361564649956.jpg
74 KB, 512x351
>>64676091
>TFA is a much better film than Episide III
>>
>>64675998
>l-luke probably just trained his 3 year old to swordfight and mind control people
>that explains why she's such a mary sue
>>
>>64676091
except camera work doesn't determine if a movie is good or not you shitehawk
>>
>>64676096

agreed but the implication is she was reversing it or getting in his head as well
>>
>>64676064
A scene with some of the worst dialogue ever put into a mainstream realease is somehow better filmmaking that articulating feelings through images in a visual fucking medium? Learn what subtlety is.
>>
>>64676119
>I don't do it but my friends regularly give their school age kids 100 bucks per week as pocket money

i was with you until here. come on dude
>>
>>64676224

Yeah, no. fuck off
>>
>>64676094
i would actually pay to see that, however i pirate it and i dont f care about this new SW trilogy
>>
>>64676217
The camera work in the prequels are a microcosm for how poorly made they are. It's barely functional soap-filmmaking/
>>
>>64676194
Rey really is a shit character. I didn't mind TFA, but I can't imagine a scenario where she isn't going to continue to bring down the entire series.

Do people actually like watching a character who experiences 0 challenges in their journey? Rey can't even be strapped to a chair and interrogated without turning things around in her favor
>>
>>64674672
maybe you're over star wars? should step back from it? stop posting?
>>
>>64676230
so rey looks at an old women and becomes anxious about her future qualifies for 'articulating feelings through images in a visual fucking medium'

are you a fine art student by any chance?
so a movie could have the worst plot but if it has muh articulating feelings then its suddenly a piece of cinema art? kill yourself
>>
>>64676375
im kinda hoping she goes to the dark side and kylo is redeemed

theyve kinda planted those seeds already. how can you power up that quickly in the force without being consumed?
>>
>>64676375
>0 challenges in their journey

like living for years in crushing loneliness and isolation?
>>
>>64676442
if thats all it took then that whole planet must be full of jedi masters
>>
>>64675328
>100-pound malnourished-scavenger-turned-barely-trained swordwoman beats a 200- pound highly-trained Sith/Jedi swordsman

A sith with quite literally the strongest force pushing power we have ever seen in the movies.
>>
>>64676442
I want Reddit to leave
>>
>>64674672
>the fucking dindu put up a good fight
Do people actually believe this?

Kylo was full angst mode and saw the traitor right in front of him. He was all set to take his anger out on someone and Finn had a lightsaber so he was the perfect target.

Kylo Ren literally dominates the whole fight until finn got lucky with one swing and grazes him. At which point he disarms finn and takes him down with ease.
>>
>>64676488
Meant that to be a green text of the rey out force grasping the lightsaber from Ren line
>>
>>64676408
Having stuff that constitutes actual filmmaking makes your work superior to the cinematically illiterate Lucas, yes. Maybe take a film course and learn what subtext and visual storytelling are.
>>
>>64674672
A 7.5/10 movie that /tv/ made you dislike. Calm down.
>>
>>64676583

b-but I'm an epic STEM major and /tv/ tells me such classes are a joke
>>
>>64675328
>untrained pilot farmer blows off the deathstar
>you dont complain
>TFA
>you complain

I don't get it
>>
>>64676488
>implying any force push in this movie was stronger than Sheev or Yoda throwing senate seats or Vader forcechoking through a computerscreen
>>
>>64676064
>anakin grabs obiwan by the neck and lightsaber hand
>lowers it to obi-wan
>gets a look of regret across his face and stops moving

I had forgotten that anakin had a moment of doubt in the fight about killing obi-wan. Jesus, that was so much better than anything in TFA.
>>
>>64675015
you actually remember qui gon? hello 12 year old.

>Sheev is originally from the OT
>>
>>64676649
>/tv/ made you dislike.
more like predictable plot make me dislike it
>>
>>64676682
Luke did not defeat Vader and he had previously established piloting experience and Ben was helping to unlock his hidden powers.

Sorry you don't get the obvious.
>>
>>64676718
LOL

I hope this is satire
>>
>>64676711
It was, we could literally see the raw power of the force blasting out of him.
>>
>>64676711
>Stopping lasers in mid air effortlessly while your focus is on someone else
>>
>>64676064
Hayden's delivery of "liar!" is some if the worst acting I've ever seen in a mainstream movie
>>
File: 1452224910779.jpg (441 KB, 800x700) Image search: [Google]
1452224910779.jpg
441 KB, 800x700
>>64676172
Episode III is any good
>>
>>64676774
>no arguement given

Fuck off, use your word you faggot.
>>
>>64676747
That's the only thing? Wow
>>
>>64676867
I really hope you're satirizing
>>
>>64676955
muh articulating feelings
>>
>>64676682
>doing something small and precise with inanimate objects
>beating a trained soldier and force user established to have infinitely stronger telekinetic powers in a prolonged contest
>durr y u think these different?
>>
>>64676867
Somone gave an actual example of storytelling through acting alone in TFA and you had to make up a counter example in Episode III to defend that film, even if it doesn't exist. It's embarrassing.
>>
>>64676064
When she gets choked it looks so fake. It doesn't look like there is anything holding her throat or restricting her breathing at all.

I liked in TFA how Rey actually looks like she is being held in place by something when Kylo Ren uses the force on her.
>>
>>64677089
>i refuse to watch the video

Cool story bro, never be ashamed of wallowing in ignorance, just do not subject others to your retardation.
>>
File: 1452224891698.gif (3 MB, 240x234) Image search: [Google]
1452224891698.gif
3 MB, 240x234
>>64677165
>Never fucking reply to me again unless you`re contributing to the thread
>>
>>64677165
Nice deflection. By the way, I actually saw Epiaode III in theaters when I was 13, and I remember people laughing during the emotional climax.
>>
>>64677313
>>64677286
>no arguement, only memes
>refuse to watch the video, which is just a scene from E3
>insist on being correct

I would say you two are right about at anally-annihilated on the butt-hurt scale.

Is JJ paying you per post?
>>
Watched TFA today. Honestly top 10 adventure movie of all time for me. Though that might be because Rey is just too much of a qt and I'm thinking with my dick.

tbqh the action scenes were top notch, the scenery was great, acting was great, the dialogue was well done. The end was a bit iffy with Luke but left me eager to watch the sequel anyway. Only thing that did take the experience down a notch were some stupid details in the plot and the world. But that's forgivable for a sci-fi adventure.
>>
>>64675328
>malnourished scavenger Rey fights off two men twice her size
With a staff a weapon specifically designed for this because it's a massive leaver
> malnourished scavenger Rey, who one might assume has hardly piloted much at all on Jakku, easily outmaneuvers two TIE fighters while flying through a scrapyard and though the inside of a Star Destroyer, even doing a “back-flip” maneuvers to destroy one of the TIE fighters
Exactly like Anakin did when he was 8 or luke did when he hopped into an X-wing with no training?
> malnourished scavenger Rey is a master mechanic that can quickly identify problems with complex ships, like the Millennium Falcon, that she's never been on before
Anakin built c3p0 when he was a kid and luke is no mechanical slouch
> malnourished scavenger Rey gets full on Force-vision from touching a lightsaber; hears Obiwan speaking
And? She is strong in the force and Anakin/Luke's saber would be the most force attuned thing she ever touched
>Kylo Ren, highly trained through years of study as a Jedi, a Sith, a Knight of Ren, can barely mind read Rey, yet she mind reads his mind easily in return
He wasn't protecting himself because he didn't realise she was force sensitive until she did that
> malnourished scavenger Rey does a Jedi mind trick on Stormtrooper guard out of nowhere
Way too advanced technique but highly sped up training compared to what is canon 'normal' is a stable for SW protags.
>Trained Force user Kylo Ren has trouble pulling a lightsaber towards him, but it rockets towards malnourished scavenger Rey from 40 meters
Ren was fucking physically and emotionally wrecked, not to mention Ren was not fully trained.
Jedi/sith use the force to accentuate their abilities when they duel to compensate Ren was a barely tained force acolyte that had been coasting by for years on his innate connection to the force.
>>
>>64674672

smoke a blunt and rewatch the original trilogy. The dialog is corny all the way through, but I think episode 6's recycling of the death star, invention of Luke and Leia's kinship, and the use of bipedal shihtzu-koala muppets to take on a highly advanced military are just as cringeworthy as anything in TFA.
>>
Plx cum baq w/ legit film criticism TIA.

Ps TFA sucks cock.

Sage
>>
>>64677403
Don't forget that Rey never switched clothes, she must have been sweaty as fuck in the desert. She was still wearing those clothes during her interrogation and afterwards. All the sweat must have made her have a primal smell with the clothes sticking to her body.
>>
>>64675328
There is plenty of indication that she has been on the Millennium Falcon before.
Simon Peg alien was the person she was left with as a child, and was the person who did modifications to the Falcon.
She also mentions how he did the modifications and mentions exactly what the modification was. She obviously knows what was done to the ship and how to go about fixing those things.
>>
>>64677533
Stop I can only go so erect
>>
>>64677568
If you're into that maybe she wet herself while she was bound or unconscious
>>
>>64677533
>TFA was so fast paced and bland there wasnt a single scene where she could have changed her clothes
>>
>>64677940
She could have changed on the Millennium falcon theoretically, but I doubt there'd be any spare clothes for her size.

But yeah it's kinda silly that everything happened in 1-2 days. Or at least, that's the timeframe that the movie suggests.
>>
>>64678037
there was no concept of time in TFA, hence it being a no depth action flick.
atleast with the prequels you got the impression the whole film wasn't in a day.
>>
>>64677940
Except that she does change her clothes. She's not wearing what she wore on Jakku when she meets with Luke
>>
>>64678116
>film taking place over the course or 2 days
>somehow a negative
>>
>>64678116
TFA has more depth than all three prequels combined, as various posts in this thread have proven.
>>
>>64678225
stop being such an ignorant cunt. nothings been proven . youre clearly being satirical because there is no depth in TFA, the prequels had the politics of coruscant, it went into the relationships of the characters and had different stories going on at the same time. please can you tell me when TFA had any of those things
>>
>>64674710
>replying to weeks old pasta
>>
>>64678294
Kylo Ren being an ancestor-worshiping villain, with the disposition of a school shooter and the vacillatory attitude of someone like Hamlet, is infinitely more complex than any villain in the prequel trilogy. The fact that he murders his father to avoid the same family temptation that ended up seducing Vaser to the light is a far more intriguing narrative than "villain wants power just cause."
>>
>>64678518
I like how he's the first actual emotional dark side guy we see. They're always 'Anger leads to the dark side!' but all Sith have always been calm and calculated instead of emotional, like the dark side is always said to be.
>>
tfw 09 Star Trek is a better Star Wars movie than TFA
>>
I agree

Its so fucking bad I honestly believe anyone who defends it here is a shill or an autist
>>
Oh man let me tell you there really is something entertaining about watching you degenerate hater fucks cry and complain about how shitty the movie is while the rest of us have a good happy enjoying time while the movies gets closer and closer to becoming the highest grossing movie of all time. Keep going it's fun to see sorry pathetic futility.
>>
Can a girl who don't need no man ever make a mistake?
>>
>>64674703
A prior movie with a fresh coat of paint=/=A bad movie

It hinders the movie overall, but it's redeemed by other factors.
>>
>>64678518
Minus the ancestor worship you just described Anakin in Sith.
>>
>>64679553
why are you so mad we don't like your crappy jackie chan flick though
>>
>>64676008
>Or just jar jar. JJ learnt from this

Anyone else just get spooked that the director of TFA literally has the same initials as Jar Jar?

Does this mean that "Jar Jar" is directing the events of TFA?

Darth Menace/Meesa confirmed?
>>
>>64679553
somehow this managed to be the saddest post in the whole thread
>>
A mediocre film, the plot was too similar to a new hope
>>
>>64679733
Oh man no you got it all wrong. I am having a good time laughing my ass off at this whole thread. Of course I don't exactly expect the best reading comprehension here but that just makes it that much more entertaining.
>>
>>64679666
There's definitely some poetry/it rhymes with Anakin, but there's more depth to Kyko, and it's better sold by Adam Driver's great acting. Anakin came off as stupid; he's tricked into becoming evil rather than genuinely seduced.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 407x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 407x960
;_;
>>
>>64679912
>yall haters tantrum
>not mad

fanboy pls
>>
>>64680045
hey look an interesting angle that could have been explored
>>
>>64679743
Kill yourself
>>
Thing I love most about this movie is all the white conservatards losing their shit. Can't wait 'til episode 9 when Rey saves the day again and has a baby with Fin. The mixed race Jedi kid will be more powerful than any other in the whole series.

Whitey nerds cry hot tears of rage forever.
>>
File: 1355172710483.jpg (81 KB, 477x356) Image search: [Google]
1355172710483.jpg
81 KB, 477x356
I can understand the name selling you the ticket but actually liking that ideology shit stained rehash?
>>
>>64674672
>it lacked a plot

Out of all the retarded shit you said this is the most retarded thing.
>>
>>64680155
the new darth vader will be the most powerful character next movie because he killed his father, it's centuries old psychology again. After the girl that can do no wrong of course, I bet she uses the power of love
>>
>>64680061
You don't know what the word tantrum means.
>>
>>64680285
your first post is the definition of it
>>
File: snoke.png (669 KB, 740x424) Image search: [Google]
snoke.png
669 KB, 740x424
Snoke=Vaders force ghost
>>
File: 1414269782368.jpg (37 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1414269782368.jpg
37 KB, 601x601
>tfw just remembered that fucking aerial shot at the end of the movie
>>
File: miss.jpg (42 KB, 245x357) Image search: [Google]
miss.jpg
42 KB, 245x357
>>64677396
Every single child has seen the video's source, so did I. It is awful dialogue confessed by your master Lucas. The fact that I'm making fun out of you and not picking apart this dialogue or the film (which has already been made by everyone with more than half a brain) doesn't invalidate the point that it sucks.

That amount of Lucas shilling makes me wonder whether or not you're sharehold of muh 4 billions

That or you're just under 13.
>>
There wasn't any "star wars feels", if it wasn't for the lightsabers you wouldn't know if you were watching jessica jones or episode 7.
>>
Yeah it was a bad movie. It'll take many months though, maybe even the next movie for it to sink in though.
>>
>>64680407
>Kylo Ren loves Vader
>Worships his helmet and talks to his grandfather through it
>Lol what if his grandfather is his master!
Yeah makes perfect sense that he would talk ot a fucking helmet instead of Darth Vader himself.
>>
>>64679553
>highest ticket prices of all time

adjust for inflation mah nig
>>
>>64680322
Yup. As I said, no idea what it means. I recommend googling it at least so you don't look this dumb next time :)
>>
>>64680503
Sure, ok man
>>
>>64680678
Normies/pleb will move on as soon as the flick stops being shown in theaters. Normies will forget they even saw this movie once.

Nerds/SW fans will continu to hate this movie forever.
>>
>>64680045

If you think it, this is more than possible and sad.
>>
File: 1354746797963.jpg (193 KB, 500x592) Image search: [Google]
1354746797963.jpg
193 KB, 500x592
>>64680972
>no u
>>
>>64681188
>Nerds/SW fans will continu to hate this movie forever.
I hope you realize that the /tv/ echo chamber doesn't represent popular opinion
>>
>>64680045
Probably explains why it's not an explosive bolt like the one used on stormtroopers earlier on
>>
>>64680753
Maybe he doesn't know?

Has that idea completely flown over you head?
>>
>>64674672
Jesus reddit still here?
>>
>>64674672
The plot, summed up many times
>Finding Luke Skywalker

I think they said that a dozen times.

>Dark Side to be a laughing stock
>-kylo was meant to be the evil sith boss but actually got KILLED by a girl using a lightsaber for the FIRST FUCKING TIME. the fucking dindu put up a good fight, they both have zero fucking knowledge in using one, let alone the force in general. what the fuck?

Kylo was strong in the force but didn't really do armed combat much. IT seemed like he used his lightsaber for intimidation, and didn't have any swordfighters to face with it. He came up against another force sensitive person who had been using a bo staff her whole life and lived on a scrappy junkyard planet where she was in hand to hand/close quarters combat fights many times. Her skill with the staff plus the fact she was already wiry and scrappy gave her skills to outmatch Kylo pretty quickly.

All of the characters were pretty memorable and unique, but Han Solo stole the show.

What else were you complaining about?
>>
>>64674672

>What the fuck did i just watch?

I don't know, but judging by all your negativity it doesn't sound like you saw The Force Awakens.
>>
File: ryVk8Sc.jpg (126 KB, 671x570) Image search: [Google]
ryVk8Sc.jpg
126 KB, 671x570
>>
>>64684829
as with everything else asking for a happy medium is somehow the most unreasonable thing
>>
>>64679628
What factors redeem it?

Is it the bland cinematography?
The forgettable score?
The Marvelesque humor?
The paper-thin characters?
The mediocre acting?
The CGI?
The convoluted, crowded, ADD riddled plot?
>>
File: Darth-Remote.gif (1 MB, 320x220) Image search: [Google]
Darth-Remote.gif
1 MB, 320x220
>>64677434
This. People have childhood glasses. The original trilogy has style but it looks ancient like Charlie Chaplin.
>>
>>64684885
This desu.

It's like capeshit. You're either forced to want grimdark, super serious DC movies. Or cartoony, humourous, stupid Marvel films.
>>
File: 1415032510493.jpg (31 KB, 115x134) Image search: [Google]
1415032510493.jpg
31 KB, 115x134
>the fucking dindu

and stopped reading right there.

Not a huge fan of TFA, but if you push these racist memes you sound frothy and dumb.
>>
File: grading.jpg (3 MB, 3156x2592) Image search: [Google]
grading.jpg
3 MB, 3156x2592
>>64674672
I know where to start. Here's a pretty good list I came up with of everything wrong with it

>shit cinematography with horrendous color grading
>Poe was the only one with a lick of charisma and he didn't actually even meet Rey in the movie.
>why the fuck was there a map rather than simply coordinates. Who the fuck made the map?
>J.J. decided to cut the scene with essential exposition about the relationship between the first order/new republic/resistance rather than cut out the "tell that to kanjiklub" and rathtars.
>Han Solo and Chewbacca simply shouldn't have been in the movie, he takes too much screen time away from the main characters.
>They didn't get the lady who designed the costumes for the prequels and instead got the nuTrek costume designer.
>shitty marvel quippy dialogue
>too many hamfisted references to the old movies.
>There's literally no reason to have a new death star. They could have just had a normal base and have the finale just be Poe and Finn on a mission to rescue Rey
>Force mind reading doesn't fit with the canon. If it existed then why didn't Vader use it on Leia in A New Hope?
>Why did Kylo Ren suspend the plasma bolt in midair rather than simply stopping it with his hand like Vader?
>Domnhall Gleeson overacts: the scene made me cringe a bit.
>R2-D2 just suddenly waking up for no reason.
>The ending scene was one of the worst scenes I've seen in a while.
>>
>>64675015
>shit
>shit
>meh
>I'll give you that, Sheev rocks
>shit
>shit

Characters in the prequels were not actual characters. They were plot devices with no personality, motivations or development whatsoever
>>
>>64685687
>Criticizing a movie by nitpicking the hell out of it barely mentioning any cinematographic aspect of it

Hello Doug
>>
>>64685913
>barely mention any cinematographic aspect
>literally the first line is saying the cinematography is shit.
>>
>>64685309

Reddit is so easily triggered.

Some meanie doesn't like NIGGERS!

waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

lol
>>
My gf thought the Finn character came off extremely creepy.

He's constantly trying to grab Rey when she wants noting to do with him.

And what's with this shit?

> unnnhhhh ummmmmmm Uhhhhhh
> You got a boyfriend at home?
> hungh? hungh? do ya?
> ya got a sexy boyfriend at home?

Why did they write Finn as such a misogynistic, caveman perv?
>>
>>64686333
>saying "Nigger" all the time makes me sound so cool and edgy
>>
>>64686393

lol 12 year old thinks Nigger is "edgy"

Proof /tv/ basement dwelling SJWs have never met blacks in real life.
>>
>>64686504
>Proof /tv/ basement dwelling SJWs have never met blacks in real life.

Pretty sure half the "BBC loving" white kids on /tv/ would shit their pants if you put em in Richmond/Oakland where they meet some real niggers.

That would be some great comedy.
>>
>>64686363

Yeah. WTF was that about?

I thought finn was supposed to be the SJW hero of the movie.

Then they write him as a neanderthal trying to molest Rey constantly. They pretty much made Finn the Heel of the movie.
>>
File: SAVAGE.jpg (137 KB, 800x432) Image search: [Google]
SAVAGE.jpg
137 KB, 800x432
>>64674672
DISNEY SHILLS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>64686618
>>64686393
>>64685309

found the nigger
>>
>>64686681
>>64686363
He's a nigger it was pretty realistic

Probably has space aids
>>
>>64675050
>felt like the OT
yeah, because it was a 2.5 hour homage to the OT.
>>
>>64686504
>lol 12 year old thinks Nigger is "edgy"
It is. You're like a teenager who thinks it's cool to curse all the time because they think it makes them sound cool.
>>
>>64675050
> felt like the OT.
No it fucking didn't you liar. It felt like a marvel movie with an OT coat of paint.
>>
TFA wasn't terrible.
I'd give it a 7/10. Not anything terribly new or unique or particularly noteworthy, but not too awful apart from a couple bits.
>>
>>64674672
Hello Reddit!
>>
It'd have been a 8/10 without Rey.
>>
>>64687528
youre right
>>
>>64687072

Move out your mother's basement and meet some real niggers for once.

You sound like a clueless basement dweller talking out your ass bout race like you know shit.
>>
>im still struggling to see what the plot was?

They fucking spoonfed you the plot you ignoramus. Blow up big thing, the end.
>>
>>64687601
>Move out your mother's basement and meet some real niggers for once.

I have. But you're so cool and edgy saying "nigger" all the time. Man people must really think you're hardcore man.

>You sound like a clueless basement dweller

says the dude saying "nigger" all the time.
>>
File: Neiiiighhh Neiiighhh Sue.jpg (138 KB, 1024x725) Image search: [Google]
Neiiiighhh Neiiighhh Sue.jpg
138 KB, 1024x725
JUST
>>
>>64684942
COME-ON MAN, I loved the copy-paste Saving Private Ryan opening.
>>
>>64685687
I'll nibble a bit

>>Force mind reading doesn't fit with the canon. If it existed then why didn't Vader use it on Leia in A New Hope?
Evolution of force interrogation, which is something we have seen in the current canon. Maybe Luke expanded upon the ideas of Jedi Mind Tricks and taught it to his Order. Who knows, theres six other future Star Wars movies that could maybe explain this.

>>Why did Kylo Ren suspend the plasma bolt in midair rather than simply stopping it with his hand like Vader?
Intimidation. Everyone in the theater when "oh shit" when that happened, so it worked.

>>Domnhall Gleeson overacts: the scene made me cringe a bit.
I agree with this one, it was really the only hamfisted moment I found in the movie.

>>R2-D2 just suddenly waking up for no reason.
Maybe he was programmed to wake up when the lightsaber was returned, or when Rey came within proximity. Hell, I actually think there was an interview, or some line in the book, that said BB-8 told R2 to wake up.

>>The ending scene was one of the worst scenes I've seen in a while.
The only bad part was the shitty airplane-panning, the rest worked really well in revealing Luke. Good thing theres a bunch of other movies coming out that'll expand on the ending!

Most of peoples criticisms with the movie seem to be that it wasn't 3 movies long. It's the first part of a trilogy, its made to be the first movie of a three part saga, which is more that can be said than the OT. People loved the OT so much because each one was made with the mindset of "crap, what if the last one didn't do so well?", so they made full-fledged movies. Disney knew anything with SW on it will make them millions, so theres no reason not to be a little ballsy with the story now.
>>
>>64674672
You watched A New Hope II
>>
>>64680407
Snoke is Darth Plageuis
>>
>>64688086
>The only bad part was the shitty airplane-panning

Lol no. The entirety of it was awkward as hell.
If she wanted to give him the lightsaber why not just walk over to him rather than just stand there and hold out the lightsaber while looking like you need to take a shit? Why did Luke just stand there making mysterious faces at her rather than saying something?
>>
>>64688086
>Maybe he was programmed to wake up when the lightsaber was returned, or when Rey came within proximity.

well then they should have said that in the damn movie if that's the case.

>Hell, I actually think there was an interview, or some line in the book, that said BB-8 told R2 to wake up.

see above.
>>
>>64675015
Windu's overrated and played by a meme actor.
Grievous was a cool idea that Genndy Tartakovsky essentially created and Lucas fucked up.
Obi-Wan was already existing, and even then his characterization wasn't that great in the prequels, just McGregor's performance that Lucas even managed to fuck up in production and direction.
Sheev is preexisting, but I will agree that his prequel version is more entertaining than his OT version.
Qui-Gon is literally a nothing character played by a meme actor. How anyone could describe him as memorable is beyond me.
Dooku has no fucking motivation and no memorable introduction, he's played by a good actor and that's his saving grace, but everything else about him sucks.
>>
File: Disney.png (148 KB, 1512x847) Image search: [Google]
Disney.png
148 KB, 1512x847
>>64674672
>disney

They make more in profits from their fucking theme parks and merchandise than the movies, of course their movies are just fucking shit ads for added sales.

(Media Networks in the chart is ESPN)
>>
>>64685687
>They didn't get the lady who designed the costumes for the prequels and instead got the nuTrek costume designer.

i thought those aliens in the confrontation han's ship looked a lot like klingons
>>
the only thing that awakened in this movie was R2-D2

So is he the force?
Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.