[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished watching the Narnia trilogy and liked it. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: groupbattle2.jpg (1 MB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
groupbattle2.jpg
1 MB, 3000x2000
Just finished watching the Narnia trilogy and liked it. What are other similar series or movies that have medieval fantasy with a twist?

Don't bother mentioning popular well known things like Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter because I have already seen those.
>>
>>64666975
>watching kids' films

baka desu senpai
>>
>>64666975
>only mention obscure things most people don't know about.

First of all, no.

Second of all, stories like that don't exist around the fringes of popular entertainment because they cost too much money to make.
>>
Excalibur, Dragonslayer
>>
>>64666975
>trilogy
can you not tell that the last one made isn't the last one
>>
>>64667712
Well he could ask /co/, they might know stuff like fire and ice, and the last unicorn.
Or we could suggest older stuff like Legend, labyrinth, Neverending Story, Conan ect
>>
>>64667753
Beat me to both.
>>
>>64666975
>Narnia

I remember when I was 8
>>
>>64668135
It hurts that The Silver Chair is the best film, but it'll be 30 years at least before Hollywood might try again
>>
The Spiderwick Chronicles kinda.

Maybe even The Golden Compass. It has a very nice looking world, at least.

I need to get back into reading children's/YA fantasy novels. They're the flicks of novels.
>>
>>64666975
You probably know all the recent (+- 15 years) ones.

Of older fantasy movies I always loved
>Labyrtinth
>The Dark Crystal
the above are recommended only if you like Jim Henson though.
>Highlander

There's a bunch more from the 80s also.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.