[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I WANT MY SON TO HAVE MY LIGHTSABER WHEN HE'S OLD ENOUGH!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: sa.png (491 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
sa.png
491 KB, 1024x576
>I WANT MY SON TO HAVE MY LIGHTSABER WHEN HE'S OLD ENOUGH!
>>
>surely there was some time that the Anakin I remembered (not that burned guy) was thinking that if he had a son he would want him to have this light saber, from a certain point of view as a good friend I can speak on his behalf.
>>
>>64664876
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN74bOubUug
;_;
>>
Obi Wan lied dumbass
>>
>>64664876
Now that you mention it, the fact that Vader cut the saber from his hand...effectively disposing of it...might have been the beginning of his redemption.
>>
>>64665182
>lied
whoa whoa whoa there, what he said was true, from a certain point of view
>>
>>64665009
>>64665182

these
>>
>>64664876
I'M A GOOD FRIEND ARGH
>>
File: depressed_footage_viewer.jpg (235 KB, 1077x944) Image search: [Google]
depressed_footage_viewer.jpg
235 KB, 1077x944
>>64665132
>tfw Obi-wan calls Vader "Darth" during their fight, as if its his first name
>states that his name is Darth Vader in your vid
>"Darth" is just a signifier
>tfw Lucas ruined everything
>>
>>64665860
You seemed to have missed the point.
And "Darth" is an honorific like Mr. or Dr. or Senpai.
>>
>>64666129
>only a master of evil, senpai
>>
>>64665132
I was writing a post about how I preferred how lightsabers looked in the OT but then Sheev showed up with his goofy face and I just couldn't go on anymore.
>>
>>64666129
Nah he ruined everything
>>
>>64666706
>only a master of evil, f-a-m
>>
The prophecy said that he would bring balance to the force, but he really didn't...
Was the prophecy wrong, or did they just interpret it wrong?
>>
>>64666129
Why would Obi Wan honor an enemy?
>>
>>64667762
it's called courtesy, you ape.
Just like how he called Dooku "Count" during the fight.
>>
>>64664876
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZD-6B1S3qA
>>
>>64665009
weren't jedi banned from having a family?
>>
>>64667674
I always kind of interpreted it as he did, just not in the way the Jedi expected. The Jedi were numerous and kind of smug and complacent. They assumed "restoring the balance" meant eradicating the Sith. That's not balance, though. It kind of seems like reducing the Jedi to just a handful in hiding was actually the first step in restoring the balance. They didn't recognize that they were actually part of the imbalance.
>>
>>64667619
>only a master of evil, f︂︂a︂m
>>
>>64668154
Yeah they were supposed to be celibate like the Knights Templar. So Anakin certainly wouldn't have brought it up in casual conversation beforehand, even as a hypothetical. It would be like a Catholic priest having a conversation about how he wants his son to have his vestments one day. The only place Anakin could have made this request was on his deathbed / when he was burning to death. You could also argue that Obi Wan however just made up the lie to give him an excuse to give the lightsaber to Luke, since he was trying to nudge him down that path anyway.
>>
File: 14522061256971.jpg (109 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
14522061256971.jpg
109 KB, 900x600
Fuck you, Anakin.
>>
>>64664876
was that seriously in the movie? jesus christ, thank god i skipped straight to episode 7
>>
People try so hard to be the next Plinkett

Its pathetic
>>
>>64669246
i'll take nitpicky monotone reviewers over
'angry reviewers' any day
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.